• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Not much of a question as a declaration

Grand Touring

Bluelighter
I'll start this off by saying I'll try to make this as much of a question as possible. So if you're looking to answer a specific question, stop reading...you're wasting your time--I don't even know if the moderators will let this stay. But the reason I'm posting is of pure nostalgia and self-affirming declaration of what started a long six years ago.

I was a naive musician who moved straight out of high school to Boston to study music and accidentally stumbled upon Hydromet cough syrup which was prescribed three times due to a bad cough........

...........I feel like those six days of what was pure heaven--at the time for me--is what defined the past six years. I obviously pursued opiates and became addicted, and pursued other drugs and also have psychological addictions to those, but none as strong as opiates.

So tonight, (Easter Standard Time - Pittsburgh) I have used the last of my script of lorcet from a procedure I knew I would have to have ever since I was 18 in Boston at that time. So for 6 years I was banking on the fact that I was going to need surgery and would necessarily need pain management at some point. That point was 9 days ago, and all 5 scripts are now gone. Now I feel nostalgic as if I've come full circle and life has become cyclical.

a.) Is this the time to quit, because I'm on 5 medications which I see a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety, but opiates have become so familiar to me, and they now feel like family? Pills are not interfering with my daily life so I wouldn't need rehab.

b.) Has anyone ever encountered a similar situation?

I'm going to try this over in Sober Living.

Homeless --> SL

Is your psychiatrist aware of your opiate habit? I would be honest and ask for his/her help.

What other drugs are you taking? No one here can advise you on stoping something when we don't know what that something is.