• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 5 Off Fentanyl

Jarhead

Greenlighter
So it's now day 5 off fentanyl (zero tapper). Not to much difference from yesterday, I still feel like I'm moving in molasses, and like I'm short of breath. Emotions are still nonexistent, I take my Cymbalta in hopes that its SSRI boosts my serotonin. Sigh...

The debate rages on in my head weather or not ill go back to it. I just want to FEEL content again.

you are doing great jar.. give it the time and patience your brain will need to return to normal.. the acutes will pass, congrats on doing this.. and then the paws will set in, consider setting up a good support system as soon as you can cause when the emotions return it could seem like you are at the end of the world.. If you really want to see what its like not being on the drugs then give it six months, remember that your pain could be significantly elevated from the drugs as well as the withdraw and there is a good chance that if you were on the opiates for awhile you will get to a place in a little bit where you feel less pain off the drugs than when you were on them in the end, prolonged pain manigment with opiates actually has the opposite of the desired effect and accentuates the pain.. nice work so far jar!