• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Post-Psychedelic Use: Sobreity is Part Two of my cosmic journeys

dimensiontripping

Bluelighter
I stopped taking psychedelics about a year ago, along with all other drugs. I drink between 0-3 alcoholic drinks a week, eat very healthy and work out. I have started doing hot yoga and meditating and self-suggestion techniques. I have found that sobreity, experienced in the context of having done a large amount of psychedelics in the past, is quite an enlightening experience. I actually, during this stage of my life, highly prefer it and it is providing many of the insights I need now. I feel like I am still on the psychedelic continuum but on a different wavelength.

Have any of you found a spiritual enlightenment akin to psychedelic drug use after becoming more sober? I was also forced to become sober due to chronic pain. Once a day, I will have a "peak" experience while meditating, viewing art, listening to music or doing hot yoga. It is amazing and I feel that I am learning more now than being in a drug haze like I was 2 years ago.

Would love to start a discussion about this. <3

I also have gotten a lot more into meditation daily since I became sober. I agree with you that it's just like a psychedelic experience. What I'm going to write next will piss people off here but oh well. I feel as though psychedelics are for people who are lazy and don't want to get into meditation and that you don't always learn the correct information about yourself or spirituality from them as myself and many other people have had this happen with psychedelic drugs. I agree with how you wrote that by doing yoga/meditation you are still on the spiritual/psychedelic continuum but on a different path/wavelength.

What is "hot" yoga?

IMO insights are more likely to "stick" to the sober mind.

Or...there are many ways to dig a hole. Psychedelics use dynamite while meditation uses a hand spade.

I also have gotten a lot more into meditation daily since I became sober. I agree with you that it's just like a psychedelic experience. What I'm going to write next will piss people off here but oh well. I feel as though psychedelics are for people who are lazy and don't want to get into meditation and that you don't always learn the correct information about yourself or spirituality from them as myself and many other people have had this happen with psychedelic drugs. I agree with how you wrote that by doing yoga/meditation you are still on the spiritual/psychedelic continuum but on a different path/wavelength.

What is "hot" yoga?

hot yoga can be generalized as any yoga practice in a room exceeding 85F. I have started practicing bikram yoga which is the same 26 poses practiced in a 105F heated room at 45% humidity for 90 minutes. It is an incredibly cleansing experience as I flush YEARS of toxins out of my body. In hindsight, I have no idea why I ever got into amphetamines outside of MDMA. Total fucking disaster.

IMO insights are more likely to "stick" to the sober mind.

Or...there are many ways to dig a hole. Psychedelics use dynamite while meditation uses a hand spade.

I agree, a lot of my deepest insights on psychedelics were so fleeting and intense that I could never find a level of comprehension to hold the awe. When I look back on my psychedelics experiences (which number near a 100) the overwhelming feeling is "wow" and now as I progress through a more refined and stabilized mental shift, I have so much to grasp onto and engrain in my subconscious and habits

I'm glad I don't eat LSD like candies anymore. I think psychedelics are ok, but when they are abused it seems to turn people's heads into mush. I think ayahuasca is supposed to be safer than most.