• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

24: the series - season 1 on DVD and season 2 in progress

liquidocean

Bluelighter
Does anybody else watch this series? I have been lucky to have been privvy to season 1 which i have been watching with a friend in the last several weeks on dvd. I am at 5pm right now.
For those who are unfamiliar with the concept, the 24 episode season plays out 1 hour at a time, with all events happening in 'real time'. Season 1 revolves around the events of the California presidential primary, where an African-American candidate David Palmer is set to become the first black man to enter the white house. An elite intelligence task force called the Counter Terrorism Unit receives information that Senator Palmer's life is in danger, and the rest of the night/day is set in motion as CTU's head of operations, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is personally and professionally brought into this situation.
Several things i like:
- First of all, great acting and casting.
- Second, good cinematography, including non-stabilized images that evoke a human perception.
- Showing two simultaneous events in two pictures on the same screen.
- The tension the clock provides.
- The concept.
- Kim, the daughter. Fucking hottie piece of ass with a beautiful rack. :)
- The cliffhanging suspense. They know how to work it. Definitely worth the money to advertise on this show.
- The writing and changes of pace. Very tight, and very well tied together. I feel more intelligent after watching it.
- The mythology and backstory, including the mysterious Belgrade/Kosovo mission Operation Nightfall, Jack and Teri's marriage, Jack and Nina's subsequent relationship, the nature of Ira Gaines' mercenary militia, Rick and Dan's drug/art/hippie/crime lifestyle, Keith's 'interaction' with Lyle Woods, the forces propelling Palmer into the white house, and the people financing his assassination. Works on a lot of levels, and keeps me thinking after i'm done watching it.
Anybody here into it? NO SPOILERS PLEASE.
[ 07 October 2002: Message edited by: liquidocean ]
[ 27 November 2002: Message edited by: liquidocean ]

i already have the dvd season one pack :)
and ill write more aout the how later...
but the daughter is on te cover and in one of the maxim like mags this month. fhm i think
good spread ;)

i've never watched one show, but... how is there going to be 2nd season? i thought it already spanned the 24 hours.

Palmer the senator is now Palmer the president.
This is another 24 hours in the life of.
I am at 10:00pm, i will finish tomorrow.
Somebody else must be into this.

Hell yeah, I watched most of the episodes during the regular season, and i have the dvd boxed set now.
:)

This show was easily one of the most absorbing and exciting TV shows to ever grace the screen...
I shit you not, after some episodes of this show, I checked my pulse and my heart was beating noticeably faster. Actual physical reactions from a fucking TV show. It's insane...
On top of that, the writing on this show is easily some of the sharpest to ever be on TV. The format of the show itself is such a gigantic hurdle to write around, I just can't believe the quality of the show, it's so well done.
If you're into TV drama, as am I, all you fans of the Sopranos, ER and whatnot, this show hands down beats them all. Without a doubt. Thank god there will be a season 2.

liquidocean, just wait until u see how the first season ends!! I watched the show religiously when it aired last season. I was really happy to hear they were returning this fall.
BTW, i know they include an alternate ending to the series on the DVD boxed set. Is there anyway u can tell me what it is in this thread after u finish the series? I'm dying to know what didn't make it as a fitting conclusion. Thanks and enjoy.

Just me thinking here....
On TV, it was real time, right? So including that ads it was 60 mins per episode?
Surely on DVD it's only 40-45 mins long, thus ruining the whole real-time thing?
Or did they include more scenes?

Just finished it. Whew.
Dick, in the alternate ending, the last action Nina does before leaving the dark room in CTU does not happen. That is the only difference, obviously affecting the plotline of the next season. I won't be any more specific here.
And Nexus, you are correct. The episodes are about 40-42 minutes in length, and you see the clock jump forward during the commercial breaks. They lose about 4 minutes of 'real time' during commercials, and miraculously nothing significant ever happens during that. :)

im sure jack bauer had to go the bathroom 23 times or so. i mean c'mon....why show that?
;)

this show is incredibly badass!!..heartpounding & just completely insane. i missed some of season 1 when i moved away. but before that i didn't miss an episode and for season two i haven't missed one yet. if its tuesday & 9pm my ass is glued to the set. can't wait to see what could possibly happen next and yess Elisha Cuthbert(Kimberly Bauer) is mad hot :p~~
elishamaxim.jpg

photo_0200.jpg

photo_0210.jpg

photo_0230.jpg

24 is the shit
the new season is pretty good... nice and intense, just like the last. The only thing i'm not buying is Jacks' girl once again is caught up in huge drama.... it just doesn't seem possible and I'm finding the plot line for her to be a little weak.... but that won't stop me from being infront of the t.v every tuesday.........
24 is the best show out there

Nice pics NeoMagic!
and yes, Kim is a bimbo and gets into these situations constantly. however, they do show gratitous booby shots, so it evens out.
if anybody saw the pictures jack got ahold of last week, we should be in for a good old fashioned reunion. Here's a list of what's gone on so far.
---------
8:00 – 9:00 A.M.
Eighteen months later.
8:00 A.M. PST
In Seoul, a Korean man named Jason Park is tortured into revealing something to his captors. One of the captors runs to a room where American military officers are waiting. He tells them that Park had said the word “Today.” An officer immediately calls Eric Rayburn at the National Security Agency.
8:02 A.M.
President Palmer and his son Keith peacefully fish in a boat on Lake Oswego in Oregon when the Secret Service agent at their side alerts Palmer to a situation.
Nine year old Megan Matheson runs into Kim’s bedroom in the Matheson house and playfully hides under the covers from her father, Gary. Although Kim is the nanny for his daughter, Gary stares seductively at Kim in her sleepwear.
As a group of advisors whisks him from the dock to a car, Palmer apologizes to his son for cutting short their time together. Keith understands that it’s not Palmer’s fault.
8:06 A.M.
At CTU, new programmer Paula Schaeffer apprises Tony and Mason of her software upgrades. Staffer Michelle Dessler interrupts with a request for Mason from Eric Rayburn. NSA wants the inactive Jack Bauer to be brought in.
8:08 A.M.
Palmer is shuttled to the Northwest Regional Operations Complex and met by NSA staffer Eric Rayburn. Rayburn briefs the President and chief aide, Lynne Kresge, about a terrorist controlled nuclear device in Los Angeles that is set to go off today. While the government was tracking a suspect named Jason Park, they noticed in a surveillance photo that Park was standing next to a suicide bomber named Mamud Rashed Faheen. It was thought that Faheen had been killed in a West Bank bombing. After torturing Park, the NSA learned about the nuclear bomb. Faheen is controlled by a splinter group called Second Wave. Although no Middle Eastern state officially recognizes Second Wave, one is unofficially affiliated with them. Palmer asks to speak to that country’s Prime Minister on the phone.
8:12 A.M.
Carla Matheson, Megan's mother, carefully prepares breakfast for her husband Gary. He hugs his wife, and as he watches Kim, gropes Carla for her benefit. Kim uncomfortably looks away. Gary makes a comment about Kim’s body and asks her if she works out.
The Prime Minister disavows any relationship with Second Wave to Palmer. President Palmer tells the Prime Minister that he knows his country supports Second Wave and that the group is planning an attack against the United States. Palmer threatens that America will retaliate if any bomb goes off on U.S. soil. The Prime Minister is insulted, and tells Palmer to proceed carefully or else America will have one billion Muslim enemies.
8:16 A.M.
As Kim plays with Megan outside the Matheson home, Jack watches from his car parked outside. He is unshaven and unkempt. Jack’s cell phone rings with a call from Mason’s office. Jack tells the caller that he no longer works for CTU and quickly hangs up. He then gets out of his car and approaches Kim. She is uneasy around him. Jack says that he only wanted to see her because he misses her. “Every time I see you I think of Mom,” she says. Kim explains that she is still not ready to let him back into her life.
8:17 A.M.
At O.C., Rayburn recommends to the President that they get the Pentagon involved for any possible proactive measures. Palmer insists that it is too early to discuss a response, and he dismisses Rayburn.
8:18 A.M.
A man of Middle Eastern decent named Reza Naiyeer drives up to the Warner estate in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. He is speaking Arabic on his cell phone. Reza goes to the backyard and greets his fiancée, Marie Warner, with a kiss. She is frantically making last minute preparations for her wedding later that day in the garden. Marie’s sister, Kate, and her father, Bob, are also in wedding planning mode. Kate questions why Reza sent the company car to pick up his family at the airport, but Bob brushes her mistrust of Reza aside.
Mason calls Rayburn to tell him that he has not been able to bring Jack in. Mason offers a solution to help sway Jack.
8:24 A.M.
Jack returns to his unlived-in townhouse, and his answering machine is filled with messages from CTU. Jack ignores the machine, and instead looks sadly at a photo of his family from happier times. He is in the picture with Kim and his murdered wife, Teri. Jack lies down on the couch, clutching the photo. The phone rings again, and Jack hears the incoming message on the machine from the White House. He picks up the line and is connected to President Palmer. Although Palmer understands Jack’s emotional state, he asks for his help with a grave dilemma. Jack tells the President that he is no longer an agent, but Palmer urges Jack to go to CTU and listen to the situation before making any decision.
8:28 A.M.
Kim finds that Carla has returned home to wrap a gift for Gary’s assistant. When Kim offers to do the task, Carla nervously tells her that she must do it herself because Gary likes things done in a very specific way.
Michelle points out to Tony that the CIA has issued an Information Flow Advisory, but they are unsure of what’s actually going on. Paula asks Michelle about the situation and tries to offer help. Michelle tells her to stick to her job.
8:31 A.M.
Mason summons the CTU staff and informs them about the nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. He orders them not to make contact with anyone outside of the secure zone, including family members. Tony and Mason conclude that Jack was asked to come in because of a possible connection to this case.
Rayburn makes a presentation to the President and other aides in the O.C. war room about potential casualties in the face of such threat in Los Angeles. The number is over 2 million. However, they don’t know if it is a dirty bomb or something bigger. Rayburn again suggests to the President that they bring in the Joint Chiefs of Staff to discuss military action, but Palmer shoots Rayburn down. They are to proceed as if it is a terrorist attack and not a military operation.
8:36 A.M.
A man named Marko arrives at an unmarked building in an industrial park. He speaks to a man at the door in Arabic. Inside, armed guards are protecting a metal enclosed work area that has radiation symbols on it. People working with gloved hands tremble as they pour a colored powder into a container. Marko asks the man when the bomb will be ready. “Soon,” the man replies.
Paula admits to Tony that, as a new employee at CTU, she may not be able to work under such stressful conditions. Tony urges her to focus on her task. Suddenly, Jack is ushered into CTU, and everyone in the room takes notice. Tony greets him, and brings Jack to the conference room where Mason is waiting. Mason tells Jack about the rogue nuclear bomb in the city. He was brought in to help identify a prime suspect. Jack abruptly walks out of the room, and Tony follows him. Jack runs for a phone and calls Kim on her cell. He warns his daughter to get out of Los Angeles. Frustrated that he won’t obey her wishes to be separated, she hangs up on him. Jack redials and leaves a message on her voice mail, telling her to drive north to her Aunt Carol’s house. Jack leaves, and Tony tries to convince him that they can get to Kim quickly. He will be more effective finding the bomb to save everyone. Jack says that when he trusted CTU before, his wife was killed. He runs out of the building and phones Carol to tell her about Kim’s arrival. When he gets to his car, Jack has second thoughts and returns to CTU. He demands from Mason that two specific agents pick up Kim and keep him apprised of her status at all times. Mason agrees, and briefs Jack on the terrorist situation. A man named Joseph Wald has been connected to Second Wave, and Jack had previously worked undercover on Wald and made the arrest. Wald is out of jail on trial, but the government can not find him. Jack orders them to bring in Marshall Goren, the key witness against Wald in the trial, so that Jack can re-establish his cover with Wald. Although he is dubious of Jack’s plan, Mason relents and calls the FBI for Wald.
8:46 A.M.
At the Warner house, Marie is organizing wedding details when Kate gets a phone call. It is Ralph Burton, the private investigator she hired to do a background check on Reza’s finances. Although Reza has checked out financially, Burton has uncovered news that Reza has had dealings with an international terrorist named Syed Ali. Although the business may be legitimate, Burton needs Kate’s help to find out for sure.
8:49 A.M.
Lynne asks the President if he arranged a conference call with the Joint Chiefs of Staff regarding military response. He tells her that he didn’t, and orders her to cancel it. When Palmer accosts Rayburn about this call, Rayburn says that he set it up in case the President changed his mind. Palmer tells Rayburn not to second guess his decisions. “Sir, I would never work against you,” Rayburn replies.
Michelle creates a fake criminal background record for Jack’s cover. Mason arranges for the FBI to have Goren sent to CTU for questioning, but he can’t get Jack to reveal his ultimate plan. Mason questions Jack’s state of mind. Goren is brought in, but refuses to give any information because he is already promised a deal by the FBI. In a deliberate motion, Jack pulls out a gun and shoots Goren in the chest. Mason freaks out, but Jack tells him this is what it will take to get results. He then asks Mason for a hacksaw.
8:59 A.M.
Kim is in her room with Megan, when Gary pulls up to the house. They hear Gary yelling at Carla in the other room. Her cries echo from each sound of abuse by Gary. “I don’t like when he gets like this,” Megan says fearfully. Kim locks the door when Gary comes knocking, and she pretends that they were in the shower. He asks if they had heard anything, explaining that Carla had an accident. Gary sends Kim to help Carla, but when Kim notices that Megan is afraid she goes to her. Gary pushes Kim away and she falls. He threatens her that he will hurt her. Megan starts crying and runs to Kim. Gary pulls at Megan, causing her to hit her head. Suddenly, Gary’s cell phone rings and he answers it to deal with business.
At CTU, Jack shaves off his beard and washes up. He is ready to get back to work.
9:00 A.M.
Lynne Kresge updates the President in the O.C. that the CIA is proceeding on its potential response to a nuclear threat. Palmer, however, wants assurances that they will not leak the information because he fears mass hysteria. Meanwhile, at the industrial complex, Marko and his crew load the completed bomb into a van.
At the Matheson home, Gary finishes his call in Kim’s room. Kim motions to the still-crying Megan, and the girls make a break for it while Gary is on the phone. As they run down the stairs, Carla hands Kim her car keys and tells her to take Megan away. Kim loads Megan into the Carla’s car and pulls out. Although Gary threatens Kim, she escapes. Gary then phones his security company to track the location of his vehicle.
9:05 A.M.
Jack is transported by helicopter to a waiting car. Michelle briefs him en route with photos of Joseph Wald’s crew, and Jack recognizes one of the guys as Eddie Grant, a guy that he befriended while undercover. Jack orders that no other agents get near his operation.
The press begin to suspect something because the President cut short his fishing trip. Although Eric Rayburn doesn’t agree, Palmer wants to deal with the media immediately.
As the helicopter touches down, Jack checks in with Mason about Kim. When Agent Grothy went to pick her up, she was gone. Jack calls Kim’s cell phone, but he doesn’t realize that her phone is still sitting in the Matheson house. He leaves a message warning her to leave Los Angeles.
At CTU, Tony assures the frightened Paula that the nuclear bomb may only be a false alarm. When Mason learns that forged Middle Eastern passports found in a car crossing the border match those of the suspects, he sends the closest agent to investigate. Unfortunately, that agent is Grothy, who is waiting for Kim at the Matheson’s.
9:09 A.M.
Jack goes into a salvage garage and asks for Joe Wald. He is met by Eddie Grant. Eddie knows him as Jack Roush. Eddie accuses Jack of putting Joe in jail, but Jack tries to square himself and tells Eddie that he has news about Marshall Goren turning state’s evidence to convict Joe. Jack gives Eddie his bag, and Goren’s decapitated head rolls out. “I don’t think you gotta worry about Goren testifying anymore,” Jack says. Eddie smiles, and brings Jack into the back room.
9:16 A.M.
Palmer conducts an informal press briefing outside his residential retreat. He brushes off their questions about his shortened fishing trip with a joke. Press Secretary Jenny Dodge lets the President know that a reporter named Ron Wieland still suspects something is wrong.
9:17 A.M.
Kim drives Megan toward a police station, but they are detoured by a construction crew. She heads down an alley, but is cut off at the end by Gary’s car. A truck behind her has blocked her in. She tries to lock the doors, but Gary unlocks them with his own key. Kim and Megan get out of the car and make a run for it. They hide behind a dumpster as Gary calls out for Megan.
9:20 A.M.
At the garage, Eddie brings Jack to see Dave, who is suspicious of Jack’s showing up on the day of an important job. Jack tells them that he just served five years for Joe, and he wants to see him. As Dave checks out Jack’s record online, Paula sees them making the trace on her computer screen at CTU. Yet Michelle and Tony have yet to download Jack’s information, and Paula scrambles to fill something in. When no record of a prison release shows up, Eddie pulls out his gun ready to kill Jack. Suddenly, after Paula makes the file transfers, Jack’s record pops up on Dave’s screen.
9:28 A.M.
Rayburn tries again to persuade the President to come up with a military plan of action in case of a nuclear detonation. Lynne comes in to tell Palmer that Wieland heard a rumor that the Alert Condition has been changed due to a threatening situation. Wieland is going live with a report at noon. Palmer has her secretly set up a private interview with Wieland. He also orders her to bring in Richard Armus. Lynne shudders at the name.
9:31 A.M.
As Dave works with some kind of explosive, Jack asks again to see Joe. Eddie says that Joe is busy and to come back tomorrow. They have something going on today. Jack gets in his car and calls Mason to warn him about what he has found. Fearing he has no other choice, Jack floods his car so that it won’t start. He gets out to open up the hood, and watches the crew pack duffel bags into a van.
9:33 A.M.
Back at CTU, Mason checks a confidential report that says the probability of attack is about 89-93%. He quietly packs his briefcase and heads out. Tony stops him, and Mason says that he is going to follow up a lead in Bakersfield. Tony questions his motives as merely trying to get outside the blast range.
9:40 A.M.
As they hide in an alley, Megan complains that her head hurts from when her dad pushed her. She doesn’t want to follow Kim to go make a phone call. She promises that she will hide behind some boxes to wait for Kim.
9:41 A.M.
Kate Warner calls her private investigator Ralph Burton to tell him that she could not ascertain Reza’s wallet. Burton asks her to look for Reza’s passport to find out what countries have been stamped. While Reza tends to wedding detials, Kate runs out to his car and finds the passport in the glove compartment. As she quickly writes down the entries, Reza approaches. Kate tells him that the workers needed the space and she was looking for the key. Reza offers to move the car himself.
9:45 A.M.
Dave gives Jack a hard time when his car won’t start. Jack makes a comment to Eddie about Dave being an amateur because he tied the fuses too tight. Dave lunges at Jack, and Jack breaks Dave’s ankle.
9:50 A.M.
Kim finds a nearby payphone and dials 911, but Gary surprises her. He tries to appeal to Kim that he did not mean to hurt Carla and only wants to apologize to Megan. When Gary gets forceful with Kim, she knees him in the groin and runs off. Gary catches her and they fight. Kim swats him with a tire iron and he falls down.
Kate calls Burton and lists the stamped entries in Reza’a passport. Burton is going to track Reza’s travel against those of the terrorist Syed Ali to see if there is a connection. Marie interrupts Kate’s phone call to thank her for her help with the wedding. The sisters embrace.
9:54 A.M.
Palmer has a sit down meeting with the reporter. Wieland knows that the Alert Condition has been changed and is ready to report his story. Palmer says his information is wrong. Knowing that no journalist can get a private interview with the President on a few minutes notice, Wieland suspects that his assumptions are indeed correct. Palmer asks for a favor to sit on the story, and Wieland says he will think about it. When the reporter leaves, the President makes a call to Armus. “I think we’re going to have to go ahead and deal with this,” Palmer says. Armus, who is outside, stops Wieland as he leaves the retreat and introduces himself as part of the President’s Secret Service team. Armus drags Wieland away by the arm.
9:57 A.M.
As Jack fiddles with his car, Eddie approaches him about working on this job. He is one man short since Dave is now incapacitated.
Kim returns to the boxes where she hid Megan, but the little girl is gone. Kim calls out, and runs down the street to look for her.
9:59 A.M.
Jack rides in the van with Eddie and his crew, and asks about the job they are pulling. Eddie tells him that they are bringing down the CTU offices in Los Angeles.
10:00 A.M.
Kim frantically searches and finds Megan. The police come to Gary’s aid, and he tells them that Kim kidnapped his daughter.
As Mason drives north out of Los Angeles, Tony phones him with news that the LAPD located a suspect in Panorama City. District wants Mason to check it out on his way to Bakersfield.
At the Northwest O.C., Lynne gives the President bad news: the predicted casualties are actually higher than they had anticipated. Ruling out any possibility of a “dirty bomb,” the NSA now believes they are looking for a nuclear weapon.
Now a member of the crew, Jack questions why CTU is being targeted. Eddie won’t reveal any information. Suddenly, Jack’s cell phone rings. It is Kim, but she has not heard any of the messages from her father because she lost her phone. Jack tries to not give anything away in earshot of Eddie’s crew. Although Kim begs for Jack’s help, he tells her to go to her Aunt Carol’s house. Kim doesn’t understand why he is telling her to go all the way to San Jose. Kim then calls Tony, who informs her that Jack is working undercover. Tony asks her to get to CTU, and she says she will take a bus.
10:08 A.M.
All the phones in CTU get corrupted as Eddie’s crew takes out the phone lines at a relay station. Eddie sends Jack to watch the road. He discreetly calls CTU to warn them, but he can not get through. Jack instead calls the O.C. and asks to speak to the President.
10:09 A.M.
Since Palmer is in the midst of a press conference, Lynne takes the call and is warned of the attack on CTU. Jack asks her to have the building evacuated, and then clicks off when Eddie approaches. At the O.C., Lynne and Eric Rayburn presume that this hit on CTU is a diversion from the main nuclear attack. When Lynne wants to notify CTU, Rayburn stops her. He believes that doing so will blow Jack’s cover and ruin his chances of getting close to the Second Wave terrorist Joseph Wald. Yet Lynne is adamant about telling Palmer, and she asks Jenny Dodge to interrupt the press conference.
10:11 A.M.
Two telephone repair workers arrive at the relay station to find that the locks have been cut. Eddie’s van ambushes them, and Eddie shoots one of the workers. He orders the other one to call his boss to say that he must go on site at CTU to check the phone system.
10:16 A.M.
Rayburn calls Tony with an order to copy and transfer all CTU database information about the nuclear threat onto NSA’s server. Since he wants it done in under an hour, Tony has Paula work on sending the data over. She goes into Mason’s office to use his computer. Michelle points out to Tony that if this order had only been precautionary, then other agencies would have received the same request. CTU was the only one asked to forward their databases.
Mason arrives at an industrial complex in Panorama City where a vehicle was linked to someone on the terrorist watch list. This complex is the same place where the nuclear bomb was being built by Marko’s team. The police at the scene break into the building, and they see the remains of the area where the nuclear weapon was constructed. Suddenly, a gunman fires at the officers and a shootout occurs. Mason realizes that a powder has dispersed in the air and he notices the radiation warning sign. He coughs as he calls out to a policeman to summon HAZMAT. This may be a possible hot zone.
10:22 A.M.
Kim rides with Megan on a city bus toward CTU. Megan asks whether Kim makes her own father mad. Kim reassures her that she is not the cause for Gary’s anger, and promises that she will never let him hurt Megan again.
10:23 A.M.
The telephone repair van pulls up to CTU, and the worker lies to the security guard that he is there to fix the phones. Although Eddie and his crew are in the back, they are cleared into the complex. The worker asks what the crew could possibly want from CTU, and Eddie explains that they are taking back their country. “We’re patriots,” Jack says.
10:30 A.M.
At the Warner house, Kate gets a call from her private investigator, Ralph Burton. He confirmed that Reza did have contact with the terrorist. Burton is obligated to notify the authorities at Homeland Security, and he warns Kate not to tell anyone. When she hangs up, Marie and Reza playfully coax her to meet his cousin, but Kate pulls away forcefully. Marie confronts her, but Kate tearfully says that she only wants her sister’s happiness.
10:34 A.M.
Lynne is surprised to see Jenny hurrying through the O.C. She had asked her to interrupt the President’s press conference. Jenny had slipped him a note about Lynne’s urgent request, but Palmer did not respond.
As Eddie and his crew make their way into CTU, Jack waits in the van with the tied up worker. He urgently writes a note of warning that there are bombs being placed in the building.
10:41 A.M.
Mason calls Tony from Panorama City to tell him about the lab where the terrorists have assembled the nuclear bomb. Everyone at the scene is being put through decontamination, but they still don’t know if they were exposed to radiation. Mason will send Tony the fingerprints from the dead bodies to see if they match anyone on the watch list. Tony informs him that NSA ordered CTU’s database be transferred, but did not make the same request from other agencies. Mason agrees that this is not usual protocol.
10:43 A.M.
Michelle approaches Paula in the restroom. Although she is worried about her friends and family living in Los Angeles, the scared Paula knows it is her duty to keep working.
10:44 A.M.
In the van, Jack releases the phone worker with the note intended for Tony, explaining that he is a government agent working undercover. After the worker gets out, Jack cuts himself with his switchblade to create the impression that he has been struck in the head. Eddie and the crew return to the van and find Jack knocked out. Eddie is mad that the telephone guy got away, but gets everyone in the van out before the building explodes. As the van pulls away, Kim and Megan arrive. She tells the security guard that Tony is expecting her.
10:54 A.M.
Lynne is angry that Palmer did not call her when the press conference broke. She confronts Rayburn about his keeping the President in the dark about the CTU situation, and Rayburn threatens her not to cross him. When Palmer comes into the O.C., Lynne tells him the news. Rayburn tries to explain that alerting CTU would expose Jack. He had CTU transfer their intelligence, so that the only losses would be infrastructure and personnel. “Those losses are unacceptable,” Palmer says, and he orders Lynne to notify CTU immediately. Rayburn tells the President that he believes he is making a mistake.
Michelle gives Tony the note from the telephone worker about the bomb, and Tony orders an immediate evacuation of the building. He gets the call from Lynne, and asks if this is the reason NSA wanted their data. Kim and Megan are escorted out of the building along with the other CTU workers. Tony runs up to Mason’s office to save Paula, who is still trying to complete the data transfer. They are caught inside the building when it explodes. Eddie and the crew watch CTU from a distance, and congratulate themselves when they see they smoke cloud rise above the building.
10:59 A.M.
A HAZMAT doctor informs Mason that he has inhaled a high level of enriched plutonium. He may only have one more day to live.
11:00 A.M.
Far from the crime scene, Eddie’s crew listens to the police scanner as casualty reports from CTU come in. Jack listens silently, barely able to contain his rage. Meanwhile, at CTU, Tony emerges from the rubble to assist injured co-workers. He finds Paula trapped under a twisted girder. Kim carries Megan out of the CTU complex and they are unharmed. Suddenly, Megan’s eyes roll back and she begins to seize. Kim calls for help, and a Paramedic takes Megan to an ambulance.
11:03 A.M.
At the O.C., Palmer is visibly upset over the bombing at CTU and laments that they did not receive word from Jack Bauer sooner. Rayburn says that they did everything they could. After the President leaves, Lynne blames Rayburn for the casualties. He informs her that since she was the only one to have spoken to Jack, she will be the one to take the blame if the truth comes out. Lynne knows she is being blackmailed.
11:05 A.M.
In Panorama City, Mason asks an EMT what his deterioration will be like. Although he should be normal for another twelve hours, he will later experience more severe symptoms. His mental functions will eventually deteriorate and he will lapse into a coma. Mason receives a call from Tony who gives him news about the bombing and casualties. Paula, who had encrypted all intelligence about the nuclear threat, is injured and unavailable to help decrypt it. Mason tells Tony to do whatever it takes to get that data. He also says that he may not be coming back to the office. Tony is furious that Mason is still trying to distance himself from the nuclear blast range.
11:08 A.M.
Eddie pulls the van up to a remote road, and the crew sets fire to the vehicle. Eddie takes a call from Joe Wald and scribbles an address of where to meet him on a matchbook. At a waiting car, Jack pulls his gun on Eddie and demands the address. Jack places him under arrest. The other guys in the crew see this and fire at Jack, but Jack kills them. Eddie begins to drive, and Jack shoots at him through the windshield. He pulls the lifeless body of Eddie out of the driver’s seat, and gets in the car.
11:16 A.M.
As he drives away, Jack calls CTU. Michelle informs him of the casualties, but he doesn’t understand why there wasn’t enough time to evacuate everyone. He gives her the address of Joseph Wald in Simi Valley and she sends backup. When Jack asks about Kimberly, Michelle says she will look into her whereabouts. Michelle tells Tony about Jack’s call. He had forgotten that Kim was on her way to CTU, and he has Michelle check the security log to see of Kim was in the building before the blast.
At the hospital, Kim consults with an ER doctor about Megan’s condition. The little girl’s seizure was caused by a skull fracture that occurred before the CTU explosion, and she suffered from other prior injuries that were never treated. This indicates a pattern of physical abuse. Although Kim claims to have never hurt Megan, the doctor wants to leave it up to the police to determine what really happened.
11:17 A.M.
Palmer and his team of military and civilian advisors watch a news report about the CTU bombing. Rayburn once again brings up his plan about a citywide evacuation. This time, Lynne argues with him about the idea. Any evacuation of Los Angeles would take at least a week and it would be difficult to target specific areas under immediacy. Palmer, sensing that there are some unknown undertones in this fight, states that he has reservations about evacuating people. Rayburn insists that he is only trying to protect the President politically. “If the bomb goes off, we have more important concerns than my re-election,” Palmer says. The President orders that no evacuation takes place.
11:21 A.M.
At the Warner house, Kate admits to her father that she had found inconsistencies in their company’s budget and had hired a private investigator to find out whether Reza had been stealing money. Although he was clean financially, Kate then learned that Reza may be involved with a terrorist. However, she doesn’t know what proof the investigator uncovered. Bob doesn’t believe her, and tells her that it is a mistake. He had Reza checked out thoroughly himself, and knows that he is not a terrorist. Bob asks his daughter to start treating Reza as a member of the family. Reza approaches them, and Kate says that she has to pick up lunch. Reza offers to drive her, but she refuses. Bob insists that she allow her future brother-in-law to drive her.
11:28 A.M.
As Mason rides in an ambulance toward a hospital, he gets a call from Tony on the emergency scanner. Since Paula had worked on the encryption at Mason’s computer, they need his password to access the hard drive. Mason soberly inquires about Paula’s condition, and Tony tells him that she is non-responsive.
11:29 A.M.
Jack calls the O.C. and is connected to Lynne. He asks why the CTU office wasn’t emptied when he called thirty minutes before it was bombed. Lynne has no explanation, and Jack blames her for the lives of his co-workers. She encourages him to continue with his job because he is their best chance of intercepting the nuclear weapon.
11:30 A.M.
Jack pulls up to the address from Eddie’s matchbook. He knocks on the door, demanding that Joe let him in. Jack feigns alarm, and tells Joe that Eddie and the crew are all dead. Joe opens the door to let Jack in, and Jack takes him at gunpoint. Joe questions why Jack would kill Marshall Goren if he is really a federal agent, and Jack says that he did what he had to do to get to Joe. Joe is surprised when Jack informs him that the CTU explosion was merely a diversion for a nuclear bomb, but he does not answer when Jack asks who gave the order to hit CTU. Suddenly, a pit bull leaps at Jack and he wrestles it to the ground. Joe escapes out the back door into a nearby shed. Jack shoots the dog to escape and follows him. Joe has locked himself into a secured room guarded by steel doors,and from inside, he watches on security monitors as Jack pounds the walls with a pitchfork. Seeing the cameras, Jack knows he is being watched.
11:34 A.M.
Kim phones Carla Matheson from the emergency room and tells her what happened to Megan. Carla at first accuses Kim of kidnapping her daughter and attacking her husband, but Kim blames Gary for what has happened. Although Carla warns her to stay out of their problems, Kim tells her that the doctors found evidence of physical abuse. She invites Carla to the hospital to be with Megan. As Carla rushes out the door to go to her daughter, Gary stops her.
11:40 A.M.
With no luck breaking into the secure room, Jack tries to appeal to Joe directly. He tells him that whoever hired him wants to destroy the entire country, starting with Los Angeles. Although Joe has fought against the government in the past, this time his actions will kill over a million innocent people. He has always believed that it was wrong to have too much power, but the irony is that he is now the one who holds the power. Jack asks Joe what he will do with that power.
11:42 A.M.
As Reza drives with Kate, he tells her that he is aware that she doesn’t like him. He says that she just needs to get to know him. Kate suddenly becomes alarmed when Reza takes a different course toward the restaurant. He says that he wants to show her something to help her understand him better. They pull onto a service road of a residential street, and Kate becomes afraid. She yells at him to stop the car and she gets out. Reza points to a house, showing Kate the new home he bought for Marie as a wedding present. Kate feels foolish for jumping to conclusions.
11:45 A.M.
The rescue workers remove the girder off Paula, but her body is in shock. With internal bleeding, she needs to be taken to the hospital for surgery. Tony follows her gurney toward an ambulance, and they are met outside by Mason. Mason asks the field doctors to not only make Paula remain on site but to also keep her lucid. Tony argues with Mason because Paula will die if she does not get to the hospital. Yet she is the only one who can decrypt the intel on the nuke. Against Tony’s judgement, Mason orders for her to be woken up.
11:51 A.M.
Palmer tells Lynne that he knows that there was a thirty-minute lapse between when Jack called and when they notified CTU. His suspicions are confirmed about her trying to alert him during the press conference, but he questions why she never told him the truth after the fact. Lynne apologizes, but does not reveal any other information. Palmer suspects, after seeing the argument between Lynne and Rayburn, that it was Rayburn who wanted to keep it from him. Lynne offers her resignation instead of answering him. Palmer does not accept it, but assures Lynne that he still trusts her to tell him everything that happened.
11:54 A.M.
Tony tells Michelle that he agrees with Mason’s call to revive Paula, even if it means risking her life. Yet Tony feels guilty for hiring Paula because she was never given the chance to do her job. Michelle comforts Tony.
11:55 A.M.
Secret Service agents escort Rayburn to the President’s office in the O.C. Palmer fires him for lying, but Rayburn claims that he made a decision that the President could not make. “I’m the only one who could make it,” Palmer says bluntly. Rayburn insists that he was only doing what was necessary to allow Jack Bauer to get to Joseph Wald. When Palmer orders the Secret Service to bring Rayburn to Richard Armus, a flicker of fear crosses Rayburn’s face.
11:57 A.M.
In the shed, Jack makes one last appeal to Joe. With the SWAT team soon to arrive, Joe will either end up dead or in jail. Jack gives him the chance of still doing the right thing by telling him who ordered the hit on CTU. The steel door of the secure room opens, and Jack goes in with his gun drawn. Joe hands Jack a manila envelope with photos of his female contact. He says that he only met the woman twice. Joe then shoots himself in the mouth. Jack is stunned to see that the woman in the photos is Nina Myers.
12:00 P.M.
Mason wants the still unconscious Paula woken up as soon as possible. Tony leaves to follow up on a Middle Eastern businessman who has connections to the terrorist Syed Ali. Jack calls Mason with news that Nina Myers is the one who commissioned Joseph Wald to blow up CTU. She did it before she was arrested. Jack has her transferred to CTU for questioning, but Mason tells him to not come back to the office. He will handle Nina on his own.
At the O.C., military advisors speculate on the possible targets in Los Angeles. Lynne informs Palmer that the Ambassador has landed at the site. Also just arriving is Roger Stanton, the head of NSA and Rayburn’s boss.
12:04 P.M.
While waiting for Carla at St. Virgil’s Hospital, Kim becomes alarmed when she sees the police. As she hurries down the corridor, she runs into Gary. He tells her to leave without saying anything or else she will be arrested for kidnapping Megan. Gary threatens to tell the authorities that she was the one who hurt his daughter. He says that Carla will even back his story. When the police approach, Kim leaves the ER.
12:07 P.M.
Stanton apologizes to the President for Rayburn’s actions regarding CTU. Yet he is more concerned with the meeting Palmer will be having with the Ambassador. Stanton believes that the diplomat is only attempting to access U.S. intelligence. The President, who is not as certain about this theory as Stanton, plans to take the meeting anyway.
12:09 P.M.
Jack returns to CTU and is stunned at the ruins. Mason is annoyed that Jack came back, because he doesn’t want him anywhere Nina Myers -- the person who killed his wife, Teri. Yet Jack insists that it is better that he be debriefed at CTU. Mason tells him to leave when his debrief is complete.
12:10 P.M.
Paula wakes up, and Mason and Michelle ask her for her source decryption key to complete the file transmission to NSA. With her last breaths, Paula gives them the volume in the database where she had made a copy of the key. Michelle retrieves the key, and Mason praises Paula for helping to save lives. As the EMTs go to take her to the hospital, Paula dies.
12:17 P.M.
Reza and Kate return home, and Bob greets them. He knew about the new house Reza had purchased, and he chides Kate for her suspicions. Tony and another agent arrive to question Reza. Bob tries to explain that it is a mistake, but Tony is insistent. Kate finds Reza and tells him about the visitors. Reza doesn’t want Marie to find out about this situation.
12:21 P.M.
The Ambassador and his security officer, Salim, tell the President’s team that they have taken four suspected members of Second Wave into custody for interrogation. Stanton, however, presents satellite photos taken an hour ago that show there is no clampdown. Yet the Ambassador assures the President that they want to help prevent the bomb as well as any retaliation from the U.S. He asks to be provided with all the American intelligence on their native country’s terrorism. Palmer tells the Ambassador that he must consider this request, and sends them to a waiting room. Stanton, who doesn’t trust the Ambassador, strongly believes that they do support Second Wave. Lynne agrees with Stanton. Palmer is torn as to his decision.
12:25 P.M.
While Jack works on his debrief at CTU, Kim calls his cell phone. She explains about Megan being hurt, but he tells her to get to her Aunt Carol’s house immediately because there might be a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. Jack instructs her to not tell anyone, and that he will meet here there when he is finished. When he hangs up, he watches silently as guards bring a shackled Nina into CTU.
12:32 P.M.
Mason enters the interrogation room and asks Nina what she knows about the nuclear bomb. She demands a full presidential pardon in return for her assistance. As Mason calls Chappelle at Division, Jack inquires as to Nina’s participation. Mason, knowing that Jack is trying to worm his way onto the case, dismisses him. Jack notices Mason’s strange hacking cough.
12:34 P.M.
Reza denies knowing Syed Ali to Tony, even though the man’s name is in all of Reza’s personal computer files.
12:36 P.M.
Bob and Kate wait outside impatiently as Tony interrogates Reza. Bob does not want to cancel the wedding, and encourages Kate to keep her sister preoccupied.
As the American military advisors hand off their intel to Salim and the Ambassador, Stanton admits his unease at the President’s decision.
Kim calls her boyfriend Miguel at his recording studio, and asks for his urgent help. He reluctantly agrees to pick her up at the hospital.
12:39 P.M.
Jack gives Michelle his completed debrief, and she tells him that she is supposed to get him out of there. Jack is transfixed on the interrogation room where Nina is being held. This is the first time he has seen her since the day she killed Teri. President Palmer phones Jack to personally inform him that he is forced to grant Nina a shadow pardon. “I wish there was another way,” Palmer says. “Let’s just get through this day. Eventually we’ll make it right.”
12:44 P.M.
Jack follows Mason to the men’s room and sees him swallow a pill. He asks to be allowed to interrogate Nina, but Mason won’t listen to his plea. Jack sees Mason’s prescription medication wrapper. He snatches it and goes back into the office.
12:47 P.M.
Suspecting something is wrong with Mason, Jack demands from Michelle that he be told where Mason has been in the last twelve hours. He questions whether Mason is fit to lead CTU.
12:49 P.M.
Marie is upset to find that agents from CTU are in her house talking to Reza. Kate explains that she was the one who hired a private investigator to check up on Reza, and doing so uncovered his association with a terrorist. Marie is furious that Kate would go behind her back, and she orders Kate to leave.
12:54 P.M.
Miguel shows up at St. Virgil’s Hospital in a cab because he loaned his car to someone. Kim is forced to tell him her father’s warning about the nuclear bomb. Yet she does not want to leave Megan behind, and Miguel agrees to help her.
Jack confronts Mason about his health condition, knowing that he was exposed to radiation and is dying. Jack threatens to call District to relieve Mason of his duties unless he agrees to let Jack handle Nina. Although it is against Mason’s better judgement, he relents.
Lynne informs the advisors that the Ambassador’s helicopter just took off en route to his plane. Stanton rushes in and shows the group a live news feed. The Ambassador’s chopper crashed just after takeoff. There were no apparent survivors.
12:59 P.M.
At the Warner house, Reza continues to claim innocence against Tony’s accusations.
When the surveillance monitors are set up in the CTU interrogation room, Jack watches Nina. She is waiting to hear about her freedom, and he ponders his next move.
[ 29 November 2002: Message edited by: liquidocean ]

oh a "secret" about 24:
the director, stephen hopkins, has a stuffed animal, mr. floppy. he tries to put him in the background of all the shots. apprently you can see him, silhouettes of him and so on...
you can watch for that chicky...
i watch for kiefer...
(weird fetish # 47.5, started in the late 80's :) )
kiefmom.jpg

suth.gif

^works sometimes, damn geoshitties
one
two
[ 06 December 2002: Message edited by: wanderlust ]

This show is hands down the best T.V. show to ever be broadcasted. The acting, writing, cinematography, and directing is absolutely astounding. It is seriously like a very addictive drug. After the hour on Tuesday nights, i can't stop thinking about what is going to happen next. I have never seen a show the keeps me plastered to the screen like this one. Every minute is precious and something major is always happening. You'd think that so much going on at one time would make the show feel cluttered or confusing, but its far from it.
The only thing that I don't like about this season is Kimberlies plot line... her boyfriend is a tool... it did finally just get interesting in the last episode though.
Does anyone else want the President's x-wife to die a horrible and gruesome death? I hate that bitch.
Oh-- I share the same last name is Keifer... I've always grown up calling him cousin Keifer and Donald..uncle Donald. Dunno...just a goofy lil thing my family did. Retarded? Yes.
[ 13 December 2002: Message edited by: xtcvitality ]