• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Starting Suboxone...

KatieBabyxo

Greenlighter
I am starting Suboxone film tomorrow. My last dose of heroin(snorting) was at 10pm tonight. Roughly how many hours do I have to wait until I take my first dose of Suboxone? I know your supposed to be in moderate withdrawal, but I normally cannot make it that far because I just can't stand feeling like shit. I have some clonidine this time, so I figured I can take that until I take my Suboxone.

It would help if I had an average amount of time to wait after last dose to take the sub....any advice or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks =)

you should be good by about 16 to 20 hours, as the half life of heroin isn't that long. most (definitely not all) of the people that have precipitated wds were on methadone.

my advice? stay on the sub for as little amount of time as possible - a couple weeks if your strong enough mentally. sub is a b!itch to come off of. I'm dealing with it now, have been for a couple years.

24 IMO. I seriously recomend waiting till your in full blown wds. If your not in full blown you will be shortly after taking the strip and at that point only time will make you feel better. Best of luck. Ive had precipiatated wds twice and its like a fucking exorcism.

I just joined this forum and don't really know how it works, but I hope this posts and someone can get back to me. I started taking subs 2-4 mg a day one week ago, but was still using a few bags of heroin a day. Today I want to just do the subs and be off this demon drug for good. If I just do the subs, do you think I will feel the lack of heroin? I am so scared. I have to be off the subs too in a few days, cuz I go back to work in 3 weeks and I know I will be given a drug test. I just want to be off everything, but every time I feel sick I use heroin. I am desperate. I need to be clean. If I lose my job I will lose my kid and my life will be over. Someone....please help me.

Well I mean subs are meant to substitute dope. Of course you will have some adjustment. But you already have suboxone in your system so Id imagine it blocks a good bit of your D anyways. If you cant stay clean on your own maybe go to AA or NA. I prefer AA even though Im an addict. Its gonna take some courage if you want to get clean. So if you want to be clean the easiest way to do it is to do it for fucks sake. You already went into wds to get on subs so how bad could it be to take just subs.

Well I stopped taking the subs for 2 days, gonna start again tmro. How long should I wait to take them...I imagine they r still in my system anyway.

Im not sure. Id take a small amount at first and give it 40 minutes to make sure you dont get precipitated wds. Id do another small dose unil I was positive I wasnt get Precipitated wd's. Im not a suboxone doctor, but Ive taken some to jump off rather large habits. I have waited 24 hours after using and gotten pwds, but I had no suboxone in my sytem. It is common belief that if you have subs in your system which you do, that you would be ok to resume subs again. That being said I would proceed with caution and get someone elses opinion if you can. Maybe do some research. Im sure there is a huge thread on here about the subject as well as opiophile. Whenever I took subs I cut them into tiny pieces. I never took more than 1.5 strips ever. The next day would be 1.25. The longest taper I did was 16 days. The shortest was just taking a half a strip to stop wds in the middle of a basically CT quit. I think with subs less is more. This is my opinion and Im no doctor. I personally despise the substance and think of it more as a detox medicine than a maintainance as I KNOW I would need methadone to actually be comfortable to maintain.