• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My road to sobriety due to medical scare

JerseysOwn

Greenlighter
A bit of background about me... I smoked roughly an 8th a day (3 and a half grams all in blunts). I was a social Molly user , social drinker, prescribed to 1.5mg of Xanax , and 2 20mg adderal XR. I had some surgery done to my feet and ended up with some amputation-threatening bone infections. I spent 5 miserable days in the hospital and now I'm on home iv to contain infection for 6 weeks. Weed was my outlet from a stressful life and my doctor told me absolutely no smoking or drinking during the 6 weeks. Mind you I'm expected to only walk when it's necessary so the cabin fever and boredom consumes me. I have to say in confidence that since I've stopped everything but the Xanax I feel like a whole new person. I feel like I could run a marathon (aside from my feet problems) and I feel my overall breathing is better. Now for the bad part which is my complete lack of patience and random depression that hits me like a closed fist. I just wanted to share my story and if anyone else has experienced this give me some input on how hard or easy it got to keep clean and motivated.

I have to say in confidence that since I've stopped everything but the Xanax I feel like a whole new person. I feel like I could run a marathon (aside from my feet problems) and I feel my overall breathing is better. Now for the bad part which is my complete lack of patience and random depression that hits me like a closed fist.

Congrats on the sobriety :) It has a way to make one feel like a whole person again. The mood swings are part of getting clean, but they will subside over time, I promise <3