• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine CR

McShroom

Bluelighter
Hi folks,

Recently 6 15 mg Mallinckrodt Morphine Sulfate CR tablets were purchased. I've searched Bluelight for an hour or two now but all information regarding these pills seems to be for IV and Snorting preparations and for Watson or Purdue brand.

Me, I just want to eat them. Pills were made to be eaten, right? My main concern is the time release though. Can you just chew this version of Morphine up like some others? Can I crush them or will the "wax matrix" make the morphine practically unusable? If no other choice exists, I will probably just eat them whole. 90 mg of CR is better than nothing, right?! Just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks! :)

I'd say not to mess with them and just pop them, I've never heard about the crushing making them unusable but that would fucking suck if that was true and personally I think just popping them whole gets you enough bang for your buck as it is.

Better safe than sorry right?

I get the 60mg MSContins Rx for 3x dosing a day. Eating them is safer than banging but they can be prepped for iv'g. Stay safe -- filtering is a must.

before i started IV'ing morphine pills, i would snort or eat them. The thing is, morphine has a really poor oral bioavailability. When i would snort them i would need 300mgs to get where i wanted to be. But when i started IV'ing them, id only need 100-150mgs to get to that same place. Orally, about 500mgs :( which sucks..

If you go the oral route, i would definitely recommend using potentiators along with it (depending on your tolerance i suppose). Some Tagamet and Tums are what i use to potentiate opiates i take orally, like percs and vikes.

Yes, the bioavailability orally is ~30%. I'm more familiar with Oxycodone which has an oral bioavailability of ~90%. So if my calculations are correct, .3*90=27 mg/2 for the CR = 13.5 mg

Oxycodone is rated as a 2:1 when calculating pure dosage strength. Due to the higher bioavailability the dosage equivelant would be calculated like so: 13.5/.9=12 mg *2 for CR = 24 * 2 to compensate for it's dosage strength would be 48 mg. So basically 90 mg of MS CR would be approximately equivelant to an OC 50 (if it existed)?

Is my math here correct? Anyone know?

Last edited: