• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Hannibal

pskyhighatrist

Greenlighter
Three episodes in and this show has almost lost me. Love Mads Mikkelsen though got a dude crush on him since Pusher. Just having trouble understanding his actions so far. Great looking show though lot of cool imagery. The film Manhunter was awesome too, much betteer than Red Dragon.

Mikkelsen is a more psychiatric Lecter than Hopkins was. Does that make sense? He's more credible as a psychiatrist. I actually have a shrink that looks just like him, and now I understand why he's always sketched me out.

Was Will Graham an aspergers in the books? Something about the humorlessness of this character bothers me.

Sorry to say i never read the book. His motivations in calling the guy to warn him and helping the daughter bother me. Did he know the Minnesota shrike? Was the daughter helping her father?

In Manhunter Will Graham was married with a kid. He had already caught Lekter. But he was like super empathetic where he could put himself in the killer's shoes just like in this show.

Fans are abandoning this show in droves after they decided to pull an episode out of reverence for the Boston bombings.

I tried watching this show but I just can't get into it. I always watch it and by the time its over I'm already doing something else... forgetting I was even watching the show at all.

Fans are abandoning this show in droves after they decided to pull an episode out of reverence for the Boston bombings.

I didn't hear about this what happened? Anyway the show has lost me no one's motivations are clear its like a bad soap opera.

i tried watching this, didn't get into it, unlike bates motel which has me hooked.

It's on A&E?

Yeah not that that means much to me, it just comes up on each show I download :) Being Aussie, we dont get access to these shows unless they are on pay tv, which I dont get (or pay for) and I dont know if its out here yet or not anyway. Or if we do, they are sometimes ages behind, GOT's is on some pay tv thing here, fastracked from the US, because so many people DL it, so it's like a day behind or something.

Just wanted to say that I watched the rest of the season and this show really rebounded. The appearance and score became opiate-like, and it lulled me into a zone where I found serial murder intensely soothing!

I hope that in the second season, it completely ditches Serial Killer of the Week format and concentrates on the central plot.

season 3 premiered last night. if anyone has stuck with it till now, i think we are in for a real treat!

tumblr_nph85nq63h1r4d3w4o2_500.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder.

I remember reading the third season started in June but i was confusing the dates for True Detective (June 21st).

I can't wait to see how this season plays out, the finale of the last season was like watching an art-form unfold.

Looks like NBC just cancelled the series, this season will be the last. Perhaps this is due to the low viewer rating of the most recent episodes, the show is definitely delving into very complex psycho-emotional relations and expressing it in a very artistically violent manner that most people probably can't connect with. It'a shame, this show was pushing the boundaries in many ways.. the cinematography was world class.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...kkelsen-gets-cancelled-NBC-three-seasons.html

Hannibal was cancelled on Monday by NBC and its current third season will serve as its last on the network.

Hannibal has been the darling among critics but has failed to gain traction with viewers.
Its two most recent episodes were the lowest of the series with an average of just 1.65 million viewers overall.

the show is definitely delving into very complex psycho-emotional relations and expressing it in a very artistically violent manner that most people probably can't connect with. It'a shame, this show was pushing the boundaries in many ways.. the cinematography was world class.
yea, especially season 3, it has gotten pretty far out (which i love) so beautiful. not surprised @ the cancellation, as others mentioned, felt it was inevitable for reasons you mentioned.

there is still hope tho for it to be picked up from a streaming service

https://www.change.org/p/nbc-netflix-what-are-you-thinking-renew-hannibal-nbc :)

Last edited:
So the finale aired yesterday.

I have to say i haven't been this satisfied with a finale since Breaking Bad.. the final scene was a cathartic art-piece; the final culmination of intense psycho-emotional scenes over the course of the series coming together in raw form. I will be disappointed there will be no more season's, this was one of the most interesting shows i've watched in a long time.. im sure the art-house effect of the show drove ratings down, but for me that was the intoxicating element that drew me in.

1402497998_o-HANNIBAL-CAST-570-570x335.jpg

Last edited: