• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxycodone For a Year - Advice on How To Quit

dr.a_rivera

Greenlighter
Ive been smoking oxy 30mg (blues) everyday from 2 to 5 times a day for about a year already. I am trying to quit but I cant seem to just do it and am beating myself up about it. Any advice would help. From one human being to another.

dr.a_rivera, welcome to bluelight and to your brand new thread in our Sober Living section.

I moved your question from this old thread in Basic Drug Discussion and made this into a new one for you.

Good luck.

That sounds like enough to warrant a detox taper of some type if you want to forgo physical pain. From what I've seen I would definitely avoid switching to another opiate like methadone or bupe. Smoking oxy is a very drug addict like behavior and the chances are the addiction to the chemical is only a symptom of underlying issues. I would suggest some rigorous honesty and a beginners NA meeting. They are both free and one of them is relatively easy to find. Good luck!

That sounds like enough to warrant a detox taper of some type if you want to forgo physical pain. From what I've seen I would definitely avoid switching to another opiate like methadone or bupe. Smoking oxy is a very drug addict like behavior and the chances are the addiction to the chemical is only a symptom of underlying issues. I would suggest some rigorous honesty and a beginners NA meeting. They are both free and one of them is relatively easy to find. Good luck!

. Thank you for your time. Are you saying I am not able to undergo cold turkey?

You need to go to a detox facility. You should not use subs or methadone. They're just as bad if not worse.

They'll give you some benzos (small dosage) temporarily to dull the wd symptoms.

They will probably offer suboxone. From experience, I'd tell you to say no to suboxone. It will just prolong the addiction man.

Once you get out of detox and start to feel better. Go to the closest AA meeting and talk to people after the meeting and find a sponsor and start working the steps. Best of luck to you sir.

. Thank you for your time. Are you saying I am not able to undergo cold turkey?

People have gone cold turkey off of much higher doses than that. It is definitely possible. What is your pain tolerance? You are going to be sick for a few days to a few weeks depending on your health, eating habits, exercise, and constitution.

First of all, why are you smoking pills? You're wasting most of it and doing some serious damage to your health inhaling all of those nasty binders and shit.

Anyway, when it comes to getting off any opiate, there are many avenues to take. Check out the Opioid Withdrawal Megathread we have. It outlines all the options.