16th issue General Heroin Discussion v hit it raw or bag it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Welcome aboard!

really..why is that? whats the differenace..not as euphoric or something?"

i just know ow stong it is and how ,many people have died smoking it and i thought it might be alrite to tryweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol gotta love the nod

Yea just not that euphoric, and as nowdub mentions below it's short lived.

Its short lived as fuck man.... There isn't really any kind of rush and its just not that great of a high. Personally, I would still take even oxycodone over fent in terms of enjoyability.

I used to get the fentanyl lollipops, and I remember them being compared to like 60-80mg of oxycodone, but I never enjoyed it much, and definitely not as much as the oxycodone I was getting hooked on at the time when I was an OC noob and 40-60mg would have me rocked (this was of course after a year + of hydrocodone abuse so I did have a tolerance, but nowhere near where it eventually ended up). I believe it was the 1200mcg dosage I was getting, and it never did it for me in terms of euphoria.

so what does it do well then?

seems like its a pretty high risk / low reward drug

As someone else mentioned, it treats pain. Due to its high potency / high risk, it should be the last drug used by pain patients that have yet to find a drug that adequately treats their pain, and should probably never be used for recreational purposes. I have heard pain patients say that it worked great for their pain, but it jacks up your tolerance a lot so you can't really go back to oxycodone or something to treat your pain without an uncomfortable adjustment period.

Some people get bad skin reactions from the patches or just get sick of using them, but it leaves them in a world of hurt when they try to go back to other pills. I think that Opana [oxymorphone] worked alright for people switching to a prescription pain killer to treat the pain, but the new formulation probably made the transition more difficult.

In terms of euphoria it's definitely a high risk / low reward drug, which is why and thread you see in Other Drugs where a person is inquiring about it is filled with replies telling them not to do it, it's not worth it, etc...

I've had batches of "heroin" that were actually fentanyl, and it's crazy shit! It was usually bone white and turned clear in water with no residue...didn't smell or look like dope at all, seemed fake....but then when you shoot it, it's like getting hit by a train! It makes you cross eyed! It's dangerous shit because it can send you into a death nod! It doesn't last as long either, and if you start doing that shit for a week or so the sickness just sucks, it kicks in a lot sooner and comes on harder than heroin....You just break into horrible cold sweats and feel like the tin-man from the wizard of OZ!

I've had a few times where most of the dope was going around was pretty average but then one person would have "Fent dope", so I'd just do that for awhile becuase I knew it would fuck me up....The high definitely isn't warm and fuzzy like heroin....driving on it is a mistake, because it has you seeing double of everything and almost running off the road!

The patches suck....I've only had those a few times, never the ones with the clear jelly inside though, although I've seen them a few times but they were asking way too much so I didn't bother...

Some people are quick to jump to fentanyl to blame for a strong batch of heroin, but I suppose that a seasoned veteran in the dope game could tell the difference. There was only one batch that I got that I believe to have been cut with fentanyl. I was a sniffer at the time so cannot comment on its color when mixed with water, but I can tell you that it was very potent which was evident by the fatal overdose my friend experienced from the batch. As for me, it had me seeing double / cross eyed after sniffing 1 bag, yet it wore off quick enough for me to sniff the second bag and not really get any higher, just as high as I had been the hour before when I sniffed the first bag.

first post here I've read these threads a long time figured I might as well jump in... I used to get the fent patches with the gel where you could snip the corner off and squeeze out the good stuff, I usually smoked it off foil but stopped after some scary fall outs and hearing of people oding fairly easily. The amount you put on foil to get high and the amount you put down to die are not that differen't. As was said by someone else it is a very short high, like half an hour after I took a hit I would come back around and take another. Also like somebody already said the high is not that euphoric, very sedating and heavy. They don't make the gel ones anymore so far as I know because people kept dying from misusing them...

Considering it is measured in microgram dosages, that just goes to show you how fine the line is between a dose that will get you high and a dose that will make you die.

A pet peeve of mine is when people say fent dope is heroin cut with fentanyl, come on now. No dope in that.

^Yeah, I can understand why some people would be skeptilal about dope being cut with fentanyl....but if you're using heroin and you all of the sudden come across this shit, it's a huge difference! I hate to give people "warning signs" based on color or smell or anything like that, but it usually has been pretty much like I described it....

Aside from testing it in a lab, you really have no idea what you're getting, but lab test or not....this shit was a lot different than heroin! Same ballpark, different ballgame!

yea thats the main prob. with that fent. shit.. if your gonna serve up that shit just let a mfer know... like in my case i wouldn't of done the mfer after having 10 or 12 drinks

What's up people. Seriously considering checking into a detox and then hitting up a rehab.. I'm so over this life but I remember how brutal my last inpatient detox was and it's scaring the shit out of me. I want so bad to just be clean off of everything. No dope, no suboxone, no nothing. But I don't know if I can make it through the weeks of hell, plus leaving my girlfriend, my life, my music, my art.

Any advice?

1. "I'm so over this life"

2. "I don't know if I can make it through...leaving...my life"

Yep, the ol' Love/Hate relationship with the Junky Life...

I guess if ya really wanna get clean you'll get clean an find a way to do it. I mean with me even though I dnt wanna depend on the shit everyday I'm still young an kinda don't mind it an tbh don't really wanna get clean or go through all the work to get clean cuz I know ill relapse ina sec.

What's up people. Seriously considering checking into a detox and then hitting up a rehab.. I'm so over this life but I remember how brutal my last inpatient detox was and it's scaring the shit out of me. I want so bad to just be clean off of everything. No dope, no suboxone, no nothing. But I don't know if I can make it through the weeks of hell, plus leaving my girlfriend, my life, my music, my art.

Any advice?

That's a scary place to be, and I'm pretty close to being their myself. I don't really need to go to a detox (I'll withdraw but can manage just fine with some clonidine and valium) and I'm not a big fan of rehabs, but I need to break the cycle somehow. I wouldn't mind spending a few weeks upstate with a few friends I went to college with, taking care of detoxing and breaking the cycle in the process.

Can you take a break from life and your obligations for a few weeks? How is your habit compared to the last time you went to detox (I know you had a monster habit that time)?

Fuck. I almost relapsed tonight. Instead of buying a bundle I called the girlfriend, deposited a third of my check in my account and bought ciggs, paid off my coke dealer (owed him 80 since he gave me money to get him acid and I could only get a 10 strip for myself), and spent the rest of my money on a half o of some chemdawg and .8 of some fish scale.

I can do coke one day and not the next. If I did dope again I'd REALLY do dope.

And reading some of my old posts in the discussion threads I realized I'm actually starting to change...slowly..but progress is still progress, right?

That's a scary place to be, and I'm pretty close to being their myself. I don't really need to go to a detox (I'll withdraw but can manage just fine with some clonidine and valium) and I'm not a big fan of rehabs, but I need to break the cycle somehow. I wouldn't mind spending a few weeks upstate with a few friends I went to college with, taking care of detoxing and breaking the cycle in the process.

Can you take a break from life and your obligations for a few weeks? How is your habit compared to the last time you went to detox (I know you had a monster habit that time)?

Thankfully my habit isn't anywhere near as huge as it was last time, which is why I have some hope that it wont be as bad. But, the few times I've been sick and tried to get on suboxone or just couldn't get dope, my withdrawals were still bad enough that there is no way I can kick by myself. I can't even last a full day or two and let my body get back on the bupe because I'm just so sick.

I don't know what else to do. I fucking hate having to use H. I get basically zero enjoyment anymore from it and simply do it just to not be deathly ill.

^At least your at a point where your ready to be done with it as your no longer getting any enjoyment out of it. At this point your ready to stop for yourself with no outside pressure which I feel is the best position to be in for one to quit. Sucks that your body can't handle the sub induction anymore. Just another reason I want to quit while I'm ahead before my habit and impending withdrawals become worse especially because over the past few months I've noticed symptoms about my withdrawals that I've never had before in addition to familiar ones becoming slightly more intense.

On a different note, has anyone noticed the 'Turn to Help' commercials that RB puts out have changed slightly by taking out some of the words. Most noticible is they cut out the part where the young children's teacher says "heroin". Now they only say "I had to get help for my addiction to opioids; perscription painkillers". It used to say "heroin" after "perscription painkillers". I guess RB feels that people who only take pills (which seems to be the target market for the commercial) will be offended if they're lumped in with us dirty heroin users 8)

On a different note, has anyone noticed the 'Turn to Help' commercials that RB puts out have changed slightly by taking out some of the words. Most noticible is they cut out the part where the young children's teacher says "heroin". Now they only say "I had to get help for my addiction to opioids; perscription painkillers". It used to say "heroin" after "perscription painkillers". I guess RB feels that people who only take pills (which seems to be the target market for the commercial) will be offended if they're lumped in with us dirty heroin users 8)

I called out that commercial a while ago because I realized it was just a Reckitt Benckiser sponsored commercial for suboxone. I went on the website and all it did was direct me to suboxone doctors, and give some info on suboxone. I guess that since suboxone doesn't have the best of reputations they buried it in a commercial filled with professionals that say that they are on it, without mentioning the drug name itself.

Yeah man, I knew something was up with that commercial as soon as I heard "including treatment options without the need for daily visits". I assumed right away that RB had to be behind it and visiting the website confirmed my suspisions.

Yeah it's bull shit. After years on and off suboxone, having seen many doctors and how they acted, I'm convinced it's just another fucking money making scheme developed to keep addicts "controlled" or "maintained" as they like to say, with the chances of actually weening off and getting off it for good slim to none. They know it's a never ending cycle of maintenance drugs, using, maint drugs, using, and on and on. Meanwhile, they all get rich while we suffer like dogs.

Any advice?

I wish I had an answer for you....Your last detox was bad and I understand why you're scared...there's always methadone, which is much easier to get on than suboxone...but that kind of sucks too.....I guess just stick out the WDs and get on bupe, go to detox or get on methadone....Those seem to be your only options!

Yeah it's bull shit. After years on and off suboxone, having seen many doctors and how they acted, I'm convinced it's just another fucking money making scheme developed to keep addicts "controlled" or "maintained" as they like to say, with the chances of actually weening off and getting off it for good slim to none. They know it's a never ending cycle of maintenance drugs, using, maint drugs, using, and on and on. Meanwhile, they all get rich while we suffer like dogs.

yeah bro, it's crazy how its all about the money. I mean its not crazy to believe, just crazy how those people can sleep at night.

its part of the reason I never even fucked with suboxone longer than when I had to. People get content on that stuff and don't even realize its not exactly cheap just because youre getting it from a doctor.

^It's tough to get off of, but until 3 months ago I was off all opiates for 14-15 months, and it had been 7 years since I had kicked my opiate habit completely! I detoxed off Suboxone....it sucked but it's definitely do-able...Regardless of what anyone says about PAWS, there's a good chance of feeling pretty much completely normal again after a month off just about anything....Mentally you may be a basket case, and sure some symtoms may recur or stick around for a little while longer, but most people are feeling pretty damn good after 3 weeks to a month!

I wanted to do dope pretty bad a couple hours ago. Actually deleted a lot of numbers so I couldnt and was pissed about it earlier but now I'm glad I did.

It's these kind of mood swings that get me dissapointed though and every little thing just nags at me.

mostly Im pissed because I was supposed to get mdma on saturday but it wasn't to be and now I have to wait

^It's tough to get off of, but until 3 months ago I was off all opiates for 14-15 months, and it had been 7 years since I had kicked my opiate habit completely! I detoxed off Suboxone....it sucked but it's definitely do-able...Regardless of what anyone says about PAWS, there's a good chance of feeling pretty much completely normal again after a month off just about anything....Mentally you may be a basket case, and sure some symtoms may recur or stick around for a little while longer, but most people are feeling pretty damn good after 3 weeks to a month!

I'm so sick of being an addict myself, but whenever I try to get clean I can only make it 2-3 weeks before the depression gets the best of me. That plus I have absolutely no energy and with the amount of hours I work I can't afford to be all tired edgy all the time. Its gonna be really hard to do without taking some time off/getting away from everything so I can clear my head. I did just buy a motorcycle though so I'm hoping if I spend all my time hammering around on that I will be able to keep my mind off drugs (lol or all over the road but hey at least I'm not using). The thing that worries me about PAWS is that I've heard that shit can last years... if so I may have to quit my job

Status
Not open for further replies.