• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Here I stand

Hey Kc.. hang in there.. your doing fine.. nothing is ever gone as long as you are still alive, PERIOD. Let alone your daughter<3. That said hundreds of thousands of addicts have lost their children.. lost EVERYTHING.. and just used it as another excuse to use, like we need one... what I think rock bottom is, is when an addict, in the conscious, no longer wants to use.. it makes the rest rather easy, compared to a person trying to convince themselves they don't want to use.. because really with everything negative happening who would, because this will happen, yeah doesn't work for MOST.. so you have to draw a simple line in the sand box and say i'm never using again, otherwise the reason (your daughter) will just go into the addiction and be spit out as a justification to use.. example I will never use because i love my daughter so much.. into addiction... comes out as I cant function and give my daughter the kind of love and attention she deserves unless i use, addiction mission accomplished, switch the argument onto the addiction and when it whispers or screams "why not use?" flip and say no, "why use" yep, why do ALL the work, or most.. there is only one answer to that, and that answer sucks, if you come up with anything that you cant laugh at then its something you need to address.. for example, why use, so you no longer feel the pain of this persons passing.. have to deal with that.. to tell if you want to use still answer this question honestly.. They came up with a cure to addiction in pill form; its available tonight. What did you think of, Oh man I can finally use without hurting every one, Oh I'm going so big, finally, thank the lord I can still get lit, i'm gettin stoned tonight (more for someone who has some clean time).. ?????

My best wishes and go in with a very open head and try everything they suggest.. DON'T FORGET YOU ARE AMAZING.. write down why before you detox as your addiction will try everything in its power to tell you otherwise.. get clean for yourself, enjoy your reunion with your daughter<3

Last edited:
My advice is to know, deep down in the depths of your soul, that you are powerless over heroin and that your life is unmanageable. Good luck and much love. I'm here for you if you need to talk.

i don't, why i used to? That's a question i'm going to have to take a good, long look at with what information i get at rehab, possibly therapy afterwords. But to the question, why do i use....it's simple, i don't...i am not trying to be vain and cocky, i'm just so over it. If that makes sense? I've never been to this point before so i am looking forward to see where i am as time goes by

yep.. Sounds like you are ready.. My very best wishes<3.. Keep bl informed and share your success!

I don't, why I used to? That's a question I'm going to have to take a good, long look at with what information I get at rehab, possibly therapy afterwords. But to the question, why do I use....it's simple, I don't...I am not trying to be vain and cocky, I'm just so over it. If that makes sense? I've never been to this point before so I am looking forward to see where I am as time goes by

Please please please hold onto this attitude. I worked in a rehab for long enough to see this kind of blessing slip right through many people's fingertips. This is when you need to get into action! Sitting in group after group after therapy session for the next 30-90 days can wear people out. Don't let that be you! Don't let some other addict taking the last chocolate milk or some therapist who makes you angry get in your way. As long as you hold onto these emotions and keep moving, you are golden. Becoming stagnant or letting your thinking get the best of you is the last thing you need.

Good luck and God bless. Don't hesitate to reach out. Rehab is no picnic and it will not cure you... but it is a period of transition that it sounds like you need. Make the best of it.

You're doing awesome. Just hold on to that part of you that knows what you need to do. That's the real you fighting to get your life back. Good luck with everything.

That's so amazing KC! Congrats!

I'm really happy for you! :)

Thanks for checking in, we always like to see when people are still sober! Keep up the good work man!