• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it safe to mix DXM and Quetiapine

QUARE

Bluelighter
I took 120mg about 4 hours ago and im planning on taking meaby 150mg now but Im prescribe Quetiapine 50mg for sleep. Im going to take the Quetiapine only 4 or 5 hours after the second dosing. By the pharmacological action of both drugs, I doubt that there is some risk but im not sure because combination of antipsychotics and other drugs are not well documented. I know by experience that mixing Alcohol and Quetiapine cause low blood pressure that result in blackout when standing up. So if anybody could tell me about this combination, that would be great.

Ok, DXM increases Serotonin and Seroquel (As in Quelling Serotonin) blocks this activity so no, there would not be any issues beyond the negation of any Serotonin related drugs that are used in combo with Seroquel.

You are correct that Seroquel does reduce blood pressure. This effect is obvious when it takes effect and the increased heart rate is a certain indicator of this but is never uncomfortable or concerning. In theory combining this with alcohol would be a bad idea however i often take my Seroquel for sleep while intoxicated to a very large degree. I have never noticed any inceased issues due to this beyond the combo resulting in increased sedation and rapid unconciousness.

The biggest issue I have ever had with Sereoquel is using it to stop amphetamines after 3 days of binging without sleep or food. In this situation your physical state combined with the effects and the reduced BP usually results in certain fainting where you to be on your feet longer then 5 minutes.

I usually recommend being in the position that would be best for a long period of sleep or unconciousness before taking Seroquel in a situation of sleep, hydration, sugar and food deprivation. For some reason it seems that an unhleathy physical state somehow potentiates the effects of Seroquel. Its wierd but true.

This is my experience however u dont imply it is safe at all, just that it works.

^^ Seroquel is not an SSRI, how come it blocks serotonin?

@OP You don't need to take seroquel if you only take it for sleep, i'm guessing dxm will do the work if it was pure, you may consider skipping the quetiapine dose this time.

DXM in the dose I took is not sedating but some how stimulating with a fuzzy head buzz thats why I couldnt sleep on it. So I took the Quetiapine yesterday and it did its job and nothing bad happened, the effect of DXM was almost gone after the Quetiapine kicked in. I confirm that it worked for me without any bad reaction.