• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Solubility of opium/opiates in naptha

JimiHawK*

Bluelighter
I recently tried extracting smokeable opium from poppy seeds using >95% EtOH with moderate success (basically made poppy seed tea but used EtOH instead of water and dried it out). However, I believe the end product contained too many impurities and it was difficult to smoke. What I was thinking of doing to refine the end product was this:

1. Add 500g poppy seeds into 1.5L coke bottle with ~1tsp citric acid.
2. Add enough 95% EtOH to cover the seeds, shake for 5mins and filter.
3. Evaporate the ~1cup of opiate-containing EtOH to about 50mls.
4. Transfer the ~50ml of EtOH to a glass bottle and add 50ml of naptha (zippo lighter fluid)
5. Shake the EtOH and naptha so that the non-polar fats/etc are transferred to the naptha layer, whilst the desired opiates remain in the EtOH layer.
6. Remove the EtOH layer (which I assume would be the bottom layer) and transfer to a baking dish/plate to dry

Would this procedure work? The main objective is to remove as much organic plant material as possible - I dont think smoking a giant blob of tarry gunk is too good for my lungs.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the best way of " extracting smokeable opium from poppy seeds" is to throw the seeds onto some soil, add water and look after the plants until they are mature. With a little bit of care you should be able to have the wanted stuff oozing out good for drying and smoking?

Yea yea you want it now...but even so, I'm guessing there are better ways than looking to seeds...it will be interesting if you manage to get off on your new and fan-dangled seed-extract concentrate though.

I thought I read (on here even) that if one made tea from Pods,and im guessing seeds too, then evaporated it to a putty, one could then run a basic heroin purification technique on said putty to get Pantapon.

Ethanol is miscible in naptha (essentially hexanes), it won't layer out.

Hexanes are a poor solvent for morphine/codeine extraction. The alkaloids are soluble, but not very. Better is something like ethyl acetate or chloroform/dichloromethane.