• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Plugging kratom

CrimpJiggler

Bluelighter
I'm wondering if one can get more out of kratom by plugging it instead of drinking it. Has anyone here tries plugging kratom tea?

there is no reason this wouldn't work as long as you cooled it down well

Yeah, as someone who has done Kratom dozens of times, I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. No, I've never done it, but I really doubt you would get much more out of it. IIRC, 7-hydroxymitryagine isn't all that soluble in water. If you were to try to dissolve it in something other than water and then plug it, it could work. At that point however, there wouldn't be much point in plugging it, as you would have solved your problem. I just wrote this in another post: I think kratom tea is not the best way to go. I would just buy bullk powder, put it in a spoon, and wash it down with your favorite beverage. Your rate-limiting step is the alkaloids' solubility in H20. IIRC, it's only somewhat soluble. You'll have to check that on your own, but I'm pretty sure.

IIRC, 7-hydroxymitryagine isn't all that soluble in water.

the freebase maybe. there is a protonatable nitrogen that can form a salt though. mitragynine citrate/hcl/sulfate whatever would be well soluble. same as the 7-oh.

there are naturally present acids in plant matter from e.g. the citric acid cycle though. maybe add a squeeze of lemon juice to your tea. but many people find that all you need is steeping in hot water for 5-25 mins. (depending on coarseness of material, presence of acid, desired brew strength)

I was never willing to find a solvent like that. I'm sure it could work. I think the best way of taking it, IMO is just to buy bulk powder and consume it orally, but for some people that's as repulsive or more than plugging it. If you want to go the tea route, then yes, you have to let it steep for more than just a few minutes, Anything under 20 in my experience is a waste of product.

the freebase maybe. there is a protonatable nitrogen that can form a salt though. mitragynine citrate/hcl/sulfate whatever would be well soluble. same as the 7-oh.

there are naturally present acids in plant matter from e.g. the citric acid cycle though. maybe add a squeeze of lemon juice to your tea. but many people find that all you need is steeping in hot water for 5-25 mins. (depending on coarseness of material, presence of acid, desired brew strength)

These must have been the salt forms of the 7-OH-M and Mitragynine I extracted when I ran a quarter kilo of some not so "Premium Indo" that tasted like shit, I used filtered water and a bit of lemon juice for its citric acid content, and used low heat to basically make a giant tea, then double-stacked two layers of unbleached muslin cloth to filter the gigantic "tea."

I yielded high quality resin that looked like brown-black tree sap/obsidian, but it also extracted all the tanins along with it, concentrating the taste of the Indo. I plugged this resin, and it worked, since it was EXTREMELY water soluble, if I held a spoon of it under a water faucet, it would dissolve instantly.

I can concur that it works the best eaten which is a nightmare since the shit is vile. Yogurt works best for the leaf powder. Tea, no matter how its done results in perhaps a 1/3 of the results of eating the same leaf quantity. I really hate having to eat this shit but its worth it. And extracts are no real option due to tolerance. Kratom tolerance is the worst. It just stops working entirely increased dosage does nothing at this point. Not worth it at all.

I couldn't agree more. Basically, I can't get anything out of it anymore if it's done more than 3 or 4 days in a row, no matter the dosage. So I quit for a month and start over. That's probably actually for the best.

I feel your pain. I have done many drugs, all the best ones. I managed them well but eventually chose Kratom as my trusted ally for weekday and real life support system. Being robbed of my faithful companion is hateful.

For me abstaining for 3 long hateful weeks resulted im incredible results from good leaf on day 1 even though I was used to hardcore extracts. But the next day the tolerance was back up there again as before tormenting me with its denial of any much needed relief whatsoever.

I cant stand it. I love Kratom more then anything else, crystal, H etc. I have no tolerance issues with the other drugs, only Kratom. It must be some kind of test. Will I be strong or succumb to H to sooth my pain instead?

This week I will be implementing drastic measures in terms Ibogaine treatment to reduce this tolerance bullshit. I will not accept defeat.

Let this be a warning to users not to mess up your tolerance with enhanced product. Enjoy your plain leaf and take satisfaction that you still can.

I haven't tried it yet, I ordered some more kratom a few days ago so I'll have enough to experiment with when it arrives.

Yeah, as someone who has done Kratom dozens of times, I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. No, I've never done it, but I really doubt you would get much more out of it. IIRC, 7-hydroxymitryagine isn't all that soluble in water. If you were to try to dissolve it in something other than water and then plug it, it could work. At that point however, there wouldn't be much point in plugging it, as you would have solved your problem. I just wrote this in another post: I think kratom tea is not the best way to go. I would just buy bullk powder, put it in a spoon, and wash it down with your favorite beverage. Your rate-limiting step is the alkaloids' solubility in H20. IIRC, it's only somewhat soluble. You'll have to check that on your own, but I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, if thats the case you can just use a bit of vegetable oil and/or other safe non polar solvents. With cooking oil, you could use a food grade surfactant (don't know any off hand since I never needed one, but I'm sure they're easy to find) to make both solvents miscible. I've tried just washing down kratom powder with some water, but I don't know if its as effective, I'm gonna have to try it by itself to see how well it works. Theoretically tea should work better because the alkaloids need to dissolve in your stomach before they can be absorbed anyway, so adding the kratom to water beforehand gives it a head start. Heat might damage the alkaloids though, I'm not sure. I've tried adding the kratom to cold water, and it works well but I feel like hot tea was stronger. And BTW, when I make tea I don't filter out the solid plant material, I leave it in there and drink it. That way you don't waste any alkaloids that remain in the powder. You don't even notice the powder in there, filtering it out is pointless.

Good point. It depends how protonatable the nitrogen is though. I'm a chem student, I'm pretty good with this shit so I'll give my analysis of the molecule. Mitragynines protonatable nitrogen is tertiary (which makes it more protonatable because alkyl groups push electrons towards it) and most beta groups (the neighours of the neighouring groups) are alkyl groups, therefore its gonna be pretty basic and easy to protonate.

Citric acid should work fine. Just orange is probably enough to convert mitragynine and analogues into salt form. One should take antacids afterwards to convert it back into freebase in the stomach, cuz freebase alkaloids are absorbed better.

People here seem to be of the opinion that just eating it works better than tea. If thats the case, I'll just eat it. All I care about it getting the most out of it. It tastes fine IMO, if you think kratom tastes bad, try drinking phenibut tea some day.