• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Currently in Turkey...just another poppy seed question

Stabbing_Robot

Greenlighter
At the Egyptian Bazaar in Istanbul there is a small shop specializing in aphrodisiacs. Among the different herbs and spices, they also sell poppy seeds. I know there is a wealth of knowledge concerning poppy seed tea on these forums (I've done some moderate to heavy scanning and have learned a lot) but I just wanted to request a bit of speculation from anyone who is knowledgeable about such things. (Maybe anyone who knows about farming methods in Turkey). I would like someone's "educated speculation" as to what the potency of these seeds might be compared to what a lot of people use in The States.

No one can tell you that. Generally, the amount of residue on the seeds as well as the color and taste of the resulting wash will give a slight indication as to potency.

No way to tell. I'd start small and work your way up. Maybe try 400 grams, drink HALF the resultant fluid, then wait. I've only had tea 2 times. Both were 11 ounce batches split in half. Both times were effective. The variabilities are just too numerous to give you any real or safe advice other than to start small and titrate up. Note: you must do this with each batch, each time you make it. Potency can vary greatly even within the same batch of seeds.

Thanks fellas for the words of wisdom. From a half kilo, the resulting amount of liquid was about a liter (very diluted, not a strong flavor). I'm in a hostel so I got distracted by lying to the people about what I was doing. About a quarter of the liquid was consumed, after a half hour nothing. So another quarter was consumed. After a half hour there was a little something. What do you think, are half hour intervals good?

They should be, but that's a ton of seeds and the come up can take a while, at least for me. Maybe give it a little more time.

everytime i see a "PST" thread... i am still shocked that poppy SEED tea actually has some value to it

Nope. There is really NO way to gauge potency. So many alkaloids, so many flavors, it's impossible to tell what's what.

everytime i see a "PST" thread... i am still shocked that poppy SEED tea actually has some value to it

Where have you been man? ;) I buy my morphine/codeine (poppy seed tea materials) at the grocery store in walking distance... whaaaaaat? I was as confused as you, but it works. :D