• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Mother of Croydon ecstasy death girl Jodie Nieman calls for clampdown on Ibiza..

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Mother of Croydon ecstasy death girl Jodie Nieman calls for clampdown on Ibiza drug taking

Emer Martin
04 April 2013

With reader comments

The mother of a Croydon clubber who died in Ibiza after taking ecstasy has called for a clampdown on drug taking on the party isle. Jodie Nieman, 20, died just hours after taking two ecstasy tablets at a nightclub on the outskirts of Ibiza town, in July 2011. Her friends, who raised the alarm when she began hallucinating and shaking, followed her ambulance in a taxi, but the blonde nail technician died on the way to the hospital.

Today her mother, Debbie Nieman, 50, said she was “disgusted” by the availability of drugs and the prevalence of drug pushers on the island after she tracked the last movements of her daughter. She said: “When we went over after Jodie’s death we were offered drugs on the beach during the day. We went to the club and spoke to people there and they said they were given pills for free. “They claim to check everyone’s bags, but when we went no bags were checked. The clubs are packed, shoulder to shoulder, and people leave their drinks everywhere. It is not safe. “Our children go on holiday to have fun - for the music, for the sun and to have a drink, not to get themselves killed.”

Six other clubbers partying at the nightclub where Jodie and her friends went the night she died were hospitalised after reportedly taking ecstasy, Mrs Nieman said. “You have to ask questions when you find out that other people were in hospital that night. What happened? Was it the drug, or were their drinks spiked with something stronger? There have to be more controls when so many young people are going out there,” Mrs Nieman said.

A post-mortem examination found that Jodie died from acute pulmonary edema - when fluid accumulates on the lungs - which was caused by taking the drug MDMA.

More...
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...r-clampdown-on-ibiza-drug-taking-8559269.html

Croydon girls... not that bright these days. 8)
As unfortunate as it is for these families, it'll keep happening until all these people learn to test their shit, especially when they get random pills at places like Ibiza.

Know your source, know your body, know your mind. No offense to the bereaved, but its the girls own damn fault. Maybe shoulda took one first. After I got sold bad smack I really re-evaluated my sources. That being said if I had died I would hope my mom would live her life instead of suing people and raising a lynch mob. Live and let die.

Six other clubbers partying at the nightclub where Jodie and her friends went the night she died were hospitalised after reportedly taking ecstasy, Mrs Nieman said. “You have to ask questions when you find out that other people were in hospital that night. What happened? Was it the drug, or were their drinks spiked with something stronger? There have to be more controls when so many young people are going out there,” Mrs Nieman said.

A post-mortem examination found that Jodie died from acute pulmonary edema - when fluid accumulates on the lungs - which was caused by taking the drug MDMA.

Who knows, possibly a bad batch of pills, or even really strong mdma pills, if 7 people went to hospital and one died, I'd imagine it was more than just water intoxication.

The irony is that if x was legalized she would have been taking a pure drug, dosed properly for her gender and weight. So in my eye's the mother played a part in her own daughter's death by advocating prohibition and the distribution of shitty drugs.

Most of the problems that come from illegal drugs, come from the fact that they are illegal.

Sounds like fucking PMA again!

Our children go on holiday to have fun - for the music, for the sun and to have a drink, not to get themselves killed.”

Drink? DRINK!?! Oh, the irony!

Another victim of water intoxication?

Perhaps alcohol was added to the drugs use?

It wasn't PMA I think it was a bad batch, it was in space night club ibiza, she had ment to have taken red rockstars, they were all over the island though, could have been copycats as millions of them were consumed on that island mostly hitch free. Sorry I don't buy into the "got her drink spiked" just a nice way to not admit she was taking drugs I guess, Ibiza relays on drugs to survive lol

This is why buying drugs outside the UK shits me up. Didnt even get on it when I went to Ibiza last time, I asked around in Amnesia but didnt spend the whole night looking.

Today her mother, Debbie Nieman, 50, said she was “disgusted” by the availability of drugs and the prevalence of drug pushers on the island

she should rather be disgusted by her daughter's decision to take the drug without proper knowledge of associated dangers and/or her carelessness with taking unknown substances.

she could also be disgusted at our global drug policies, that spread lies instead of harm reduction information and are responsible for horrible purity issues, misrepresented drugs and the total lack of any quality control.

Frankly, its a bit fucking disgraceful for people to reiterate the blatently obvious and blame the casualties and not the system. Blah.

In time...

Why would anyone care about some woman's opinions about drug use?
No offense to the mother of a dead child, but shouldn't we base our drug policy from foundational principles of freedom and scientific research?

From my reading of it. The mother went to Ibiza to retrace her daughters last footsteps, perhaps to find answers to why she did what she did. Thinking that her daughter died and her friends were hospitalized by consuming pills which are supposedly illegal and regulated, was understandably shocked at the open blackmarket that exists in some paqrts of Ibiza.

This is not to say that any of the above is not valid. People are doing no good for promoting safe practice and responsible drug use by making comments like, it was "the girls own damn fault" and it was "the mother played a part in her own daughter's death". This is just retarded