Any Dali fans out there?

Halcy420

Bluelighter
Tonight I went to super Wal Mart to buy a few things when I almost died. I found a decent size cute little print of Salvador Dali's Bacchanale. So it leads me to wonder, are there any Dali fans here on Bluelight? And if so, what is your favorite work?
My favorite would have to be Reflection of Elephants.

^^^we have Reflection of Elephants on our bedroom wall^^^
i love dali. :)

i've been to the dali museum in spain. it's pretty cool...his paintings and stuff were the only things i found interesting after seeing a bunch of museums in barcelona and surrounding areas. the museo contemporaneo or whatever was pretty boring IMO. i can't remember who else i saw...picasso? damn...
kevin

Dali fan here! Moment of Explosion is on my wall, though it isn't my favorite one.

I'm not sure of the name of my favourite Dali piece, but it's the one where people with flowers for heads are carring the skins of classical instruments accross an arrid plain. I don't suppose anyone can help me out with the title?
Either way, I love everything I've seen of his :)

Dali is the shit!! One of my favorite paintings by him is the Matadore(sp). I like how he makes a picture within a picture. That man must have done some serious tripping to come up with some of the masterpieces he has done. :) There is a Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Fl. I have been there a couple of times when I was in highschool. Maybe I'll take SupaGlowBug to it, she is a big fan of Dali too.
Here's a cool website where you can look at most if not all of his work:
http://www.dali-gallery.com/html/dali.htm
-Jeremy-

The Hallucinogenic Toredor :)
Its on my wall right now, well a nice poster of it.
Dali ROCKS.

*looks at Dali calendar hanging on desk*
Yes, i'm a fan of Dali. Would have to say my favorite is The Elephants.

Wow, it's cool to see so many people responded to my post. I have 5 Dali prints, a huge 2'x3' print of Reflections of Elephants, Metamorphosis of Narcissus,Hallucinigenic Torredor,Moment of Explosion, and now Bacchanale. There is only one more that I really want but I'm not exactly sure what it's called....something to do with apparitions. It has a apparition of a face against a pyramid. Does anyone know the name of this one?

Hallucinogenic Toredor is my favorite so far. I haven't seen all of his paintings yet. Has anybody seen a HUGE print of H.T. anywhere? I dont want the 36" wide one with his signature on it. It wastes damn near half the poster.

there are a few dali fans in the
visual and performing arts forum
/endshamelessforumplug :)

Dali is very fascinating, I can look at his work over and over and find something new in a painting almost every time.
I really like "Christ of St. John of the Cross", "Nuclear Cross" and "Galatea of the Spheres".
Halcy420, there is something called "Three Apparitions of the Face of Gala", but it's three faces on three rocks, probably not what you are looking for. Or?

dali rocks!
i'm with faerie for the most part... my faves are Christ of St. John of the Cross, and Galatea of the Spheres...
I share my b-day with Dali.... may 11th
aj the femme

Originally posted by Mechanix:
i've been to the dali museum in spain. it's pretty cool...his paintings and stuff were the only things i found interesting after seeing a bunch of museums in barcelona and surrounding areas. the museo contemporaneo or whatever was pretty boring IMO. i can't remember who else i saw...picasso? damn...
kevin

I WISH I went to the Dali Museum in Spain. Although, last month when I was in Florida, I went to the Dali Museum there in St. Pete. It was fantastic.
My favorite Dali piece has to be Three Young Surrealist Women Holding in Their Arms the Skins of an Orchastra.

One of my favorite Dali things is the Tarot Card deck that he designed that I got in Paris. The figures are really interesting - how he correlates the traditional Tarot imagery with art history, and combines a lot of references - truly postmodern in a way, and a really cool deck to do readings with.
But Mechanix, I just have to say, hello, you went to Barcelona and weren't totally knocked out by Gaudi's architectural work????? ????? ??

Salvador Dali fucking kills! "Hallucinogenic Toredor" and "Hitler Masturbating" are my personal favs.