• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
need info on kratom

I am usibg kratom to kick opiates. the info im seeking is how long should i take it for. i would like to take it long enougb to get througb the opiate with drawls but not ao long that i will just have to deal with wd from kratom. i would also like to know what amount of kratom is considered a lot. i had a pretty high tolerance for opiates and i fear im taking so much kratom im just hurting my goal. also if any one tried this method of quitting opiates id greatly appreciate any insight. thanks again

It depends on your habit size. Most people taper with Bali kratom over the course of a couple weeks to a month using any where from 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons a day depending on their habit and the kratom potency. I wouldn't take more than a couple tabslepoons a day (14 grams) unless you have a large habit. People usually dose the kratom 2 to 3 times a day but I've heard people do 1 or 4 in some circumstances.

Really if you tell me how much opes your using I can through some numbers out there. How much do you use? if your only taking 2 norcos a day you might need very little kratom and could get yourself in worse trouble with high doses. How often? If your shooting up several times a day you may want to stay on kratom for 3 months or more to avoid PAWS. Are things in your life really stressful? If so you need to taper much slower. There really are a lot of factors in this. Trust me I always cycled the drugs during the younger days so I went through endless weans, tapers, withdrawals, and other forms of misery.

I take kratom as money affords and can assure you that it does hit opiate receptors and it's the perfect things for withdrawals.

Last edited:
I take kratom as money affords and can assure you that it does hit opiate receptors and it's the perfect things for withdrawals.

And why it also has its own withdrawl. Of course a minor one compared to higher potent opioids but taking it for a few weeks or even months will get you addicted too.
However I kicked a short little habit of up to ~1mg Buprenorphine (less earlier) with only 25g of Borneo Kratom and some Gabapentin. First day: 2x300mg Gaba only, and the following days two doses of Kratom, like 5g+3g.
But with a heavy Heroin or Oxy habit, you obviously would need much more.

How do you guys get this stuff down, it is so nasty?? I have over a pound of ma daeng and I cannot take it, took it a few times for withdrawal only when I needed, it does work great.
I use a magic bullet with turkey hill orange tea half way filled, pour the K, put fresh blueberries and few strawberries in, and it is still way nasty!! Just as bad if not worse than poppy pods, imo.

The trick is not to taste it. I usually just scoop some with a card and put it on my tongue, then swish down a drink before you even have time to take a breathe and taste it is down the hatch.

mixing it with a smoothie works also pretty well. if i have no smoothies available, i usually mix the powder with a little bit of water, put it under my tongue and flush it down with banana juice :)

I mix mine with yogurt, the taste is masked a lot, but I got used to the remaining flavor, and now i actually like it ( weird I know). So quick question, has anyone noticed any of the hormonal changes that occur with taking regular opiates ( decreased testosterone, increased prolactin, etc) from taking kratom semi-regularly? I am curious.

Ughh I've never seen why people mix it with food or drinks, that just means you have to endure the taste.for longer. The key is to not swish it around in your mouth at all. If you make a tea, add lemon and take big gulps without breathing and immediatly chase with water. If done right there is NO time to even get a chance to taste it. As for toss and wash" it takes time. At first I was only able to down 1.5-2 grams at a time but now I can get an 8.5 dose down in as little as 2-3 tries. First take a tiny sip of water, place as much powder as you can handle and without breathing or moving your tounge at all take a big gulp of water and wash it down in one go, of course without choking and if done correctly just like the tea there is no time for your body to taste it. The only time I ever taste kratom is if I burp just after tossin washing. It takes a couple tries so don't give up. Eventually you will be able to reap the benefits with very little to no taste. Whatever you do, DON'T MIX IT WITH LIQUIDS!!! It only prolongs the process and gives your body time to recognize the taste and once that happens you hesitate to swallow which in turn makes the whole process absolutely vile... besides kratom is very hydrophobic unless scalding heat is applied.

Honestly, the taste is not too bad at all. It's just the sometimes coarse powder (always the bali strain) getting caught in your mouth, throat, etc. But I really enjoy the numb tongue, indicating to me that the Kratom is working. So I put the powder in warm water in a mug and proceed to spoon the mixture into my mouth and then if the powder does not go down smoothly I keep some water nearby to help wash it down.

Kratom and orange juice ftw. Tossing and washing always hurts my stomach, and the OJ completely masks the taste of kratom.

Kratom and orange juice ftw. Tossing and washing always hurts my stomach, and the OJ completely masks the taste of kratom.

Do you mix it in with the OJ or use it as a chaser? The first time I tried kratom was with orange juice and kratom mixed together and it was like drinking dirt and orange juice, not to mention the grit all over my teeth. Ughhh It gets me sick thinking about it

I always mixed 5 grams of finely ground bali in a bottle with half a cup of orange juice, shook it violently, and chugged. It seemed like the kratom almost dissolved in the OJ, I could barely taste the kratom. Every time I tried to swallow a mouthful with chaser it would get stuck in my throat and cause more nausea compared to the alternative method.

It's like drinking alcohol you can almost acquire a taste for it. Almost. I used to be unable to do the grit at all and would have to make a tea. I toss and wash these days.

If you are actually in severe pain and desperate for relief you will have no problem getting it down. With that being said, i've found the easiest way to get the most out of kratom is the wash-tosh-wash.

The wash-toss-wash-

1) place a little water in your mouth
2) tilt head back
3) put a spoon full of kratom in your mouth, I like to not overfill the spoon so no kratom falls off before I get it in my mouth
4) take a moderate sized drink of water, and swallow, try and do this in one swift motion
5) repeat

the advantage to the extra wash at the beginning is the kratom will not stick to your mouth, practice makes perfect. I discovered this technique in the early days of my kratom usage as there was an obvious flaw to the toss and wash as the kratom would stick to my tongue

If you are actually in severe pain and desperate for relief you will have no problem getting it down. With that being said, i've found the easiest way to get the most out of kratom is the wash-tosh-wash.

The wash-toss-wash-

1) place a little water in your mouth
2) tilt head back
3) put a spoon full of kratom in your mouth, I like to not overfill the spoon so no kratom falls off before I get it in my mouth
4) take a moderate sized drink of water, and swallow, try and do this in one swift motion
5) repeat

the advantage to the extra wash at the beginning is the kratom will not stick to your mouth, practice makes perfect. I discovered this technique in the early days of my kratom usage as there was an obvious flaw to the toss and wash as the kratom would stick to my tongue

This. Kratom is not so disgustingly hard to choke down like many think. It just takes time to find your predered method of ingestion.

I never put so much thought into ingestion. But people mixing it in drinks and yogurt? Good god that would make me puke.

For me, I try not to prolong ingestion, I like to get it over with asap. Something I forgot to mention about the toss and wash is when you put the powder in your mouth, make sure it lands on top of the water, then quickly take a drink and swallow, while your head is tilted back. I swear the washtosswash works so good. And for the nausea from the plant matter, to avoid that its probably best to only do 2 spoonfulls at once, in 30 mins if your not feeling sick and u don't feel enough pain relief/euphoria then take another one or two.

My preferred method of ingestion, because it has always worked very well for me, is to fill a shaker (one of those with a ball in it) with banana soya milk, chocolat flavoured delicious greens powder (just plain cocoa powder with some stevia will probably do just as well) and the desired amount of fine Kratom powder and shake the shits out of it. The banana and stevia make it sweet, the soya milk makes it smooth and even sweeter and the cocoa masks the bitterness well. It's actually pretty good and palatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.