• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone switched from a moderate habit to UEI kratom? I tried enhanced Bali before and it worked good for withdrawal when my tolerance was lower. Currently I take up to 2 pounds of high quality poppy seeds a day. Usually though i'll take half a pound twice a day which is already strong. These seeds have many alkaloids contributing to the effect. In fact after 2 pounds in one day I can't even take a crap the next morning. If I had to guess I would say it feels like each half pound has around 85mgs+- of opium alkaloids. This is just pure speculation though, I guess if I really wanted to find out I could send in a sample to be tested.

My problem with the withdrawal is it goes on forever because of the long half life and all the alkaloids. UEI is expensive but is short acting and one of the strongest forms of kratom. I have been able to switch to kratom before and it made the withdrawal a lot easier. But plain leaf does not work for me anymore.

So I plan on switching to UEI and taking benzodiazapines for a week, then just switching to plain leaf and tapering down from there.

Comments, questions, concerns, thoughts?

Last edited:
I have never used it to taper from opiates. I use it to prevent me going back to opiates because I do have mild chronic pain.

If it were me:
week 1: UEI and benzos
week 2: regular kratom and less benzos

Then start tapering with regular kratom. I think you should quit a drug slowly and carefully to prevent relapse and discomfort.

Last edited:
Has anyone switched from a moderate habit to UEI kratom? I tried enhanced Bali before and it worked good for withdrawal when my tolerance was lower. Currently I take up to 2 pounds of high quality poppy seeds a day. Usually though i'll take half a pound twice a day which is already strong. These seeds have many alkaloids contributing to the effect. In fact after 2 pounds in one day I can't even take a crap the next morning. If I had to guess I would say it feels like each half pound has around 85mgs+- of opium alkaloids. This is just pure speculation though, I guess if I really wanted to find out I could send in a sample to be tested.

My problem with the withdrawal is it goes on forever because of the long half life and all the alkaloids. UEI is expensive but is short acting and one of the strongest forms of kratom. I have been able to switch to kratom before and it made the withdrawal a lot easier. But plain leaf does not work for me anymore.

So I plan on switching to UEI and taking benzodiazapines for a week, then just switching to plain leaf and tapering down from there.

Comments, questions, concerns, thoughts?
UEI kratom is expensive and not that much better then regular kratom powder IMO. Tolerance also builds up very quickly.

I would avoid this

Hi, I just ordered some Bali Premium Kratom tea bags, 4 grams each. I haven't read the whole thread (am planning to but it's long!) but I have read enough to know the stuff is addictive. I will be very very careful not to do it too often. I would just like to have some around since I have a herniated disc in my back (lumbar region, L3 to be exact.) I was never prescribed opiate painkillers for this issue or the pinched nerve or the sciatica I had as a result of this. I had physical therapy that helped with, but did not entirely ease, the sciatica, and the doctor prescribed me Flexeril, Mobic, Voltaren, and Cytotec to deal with the pain. Also these NSAID pain patches you apply directly to the skin. But no "fun drugs" because I am a former addict. However at this point the NSAIDs are eating a hole in my stomach so I have been taking a break from them and just using the patches as needed, which don't really help a ton. I'm usually ok, I get massages as needed, but if I have to stand or walk a long time, then I really suffer. It's for those occasions that I would like to have the Kratom on hand. And that doesn't happen too often. One time recently I was stuck on a crowded subway car and there were no seats available and the train was held...for over an hour! By the time I got home I was HURTING. Another time I had to take my kids to the amusement park and we were on the go for 5 hours and I never sat down...I walked 8 miles that day according to my pedometer. Ow. So just once in a while, you know? If I do it rarely, I should be fine, yes?

Edit: I'm in the process of reading the Mega-Thread V.1 and V.2 but wow those things are long. But now I have more questions and forgive me if these questions have been asked before but I'm impatient. I ordered TEA, not loose powder, is that going to be less effective? When preparing the tea for consumption, is there a "correct" way? Should I let it steep a long time, etc? Is there a method or recipe someone can recommend? I am taking notes based on what I have read. What I have so far is to consume on an empty (6 hours) stomach, drink white grapefruit juice a half hour before dosing, then take antacids so the stomach is not too acidic. Then dose. Don't take an excessive amount as less is more. Am I correct in all of this? I plan to start with 4 grams (one tea bag.) can I redose if necessary?

Last edited:
Making tea is worthless as the important alkaloids in kratom are not very water soluble if at all. At least, I have never had any luck making tea. Some have figured out ways to do a very long steeping process to pull the alkaloids, but the quickest and easiest method is to either chew the leaves or eat the powder. I suggest maybe you rip open the tea bags and grind the leaves into as fine a powder as possible. Weigh your dose and proceed from there.

High, I'm buying and storing powdered leaf (red vein strains, mostly) for a future sub detox. The plants analgesic properties are useless to me right now, as I'm on a blocking dose of bupe; I need to store my kratom long term, while hopefully losing none of it's medicinal properties. I understand exposure to oxygen will degrade its quality, as will direct sunlight.

I currently keep it tightly wrapped in snap lock bags and stored in a tupperware container, out of direct light. Is there a more effective solution to this? Could storing in a fridge or freezer slow down it's degradation over time.

I am hoping to store my kratom for anything up to a year maybe longer. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anyone experienced in Bali K

Okay I did get the maeng da and it is good...but a little over priced so I traded for the Bali.....Has anyone here had experience in it and was it good bad unbiased?

there are plenty of sites for discussing shit like this. this is for harm reduction. all kratom varies by vendor and some have more stimulating or more sedation effects, sometimes also varying by vendor

I had pretty good results with the plain bali. But as RedRum said, there are so many different kinds and such. Sorry I can't be more help.

I have heard from a lot of people not to get into the stronger kinds though.

Bali is so much better then maeng da....t doesn't hurt my stomach and has more of that energy type feeling I'm looking for.

Making tea is worthless as the important alkaloids in kratom are not very water soluble if at all. At least, I have never had any luck making tea. Some have figured out ways to do a very long steeping process to pull the alkaloids, but the quickest and easiest method is to either chew the leaves or eat the powder. I suggest maybe you rip open the tea bags and grind the leaves into as fine a powder as possible. Weigh your dose and proceed from there.

I always make tea with kratom and use a coffee filter because I can't stomach all the material, I use about 9 grams kratom in a pan, add some lemon squash, leave on low gas for about 10 minutes. Works fine. You can also add a drop of vinegar to help (contains acetic acid which kratom alkaloids are soluble in). You can make a second batch with the same material so none goes to waste but most is extracted in the first batch.

First of all kratom is VERY water soluble, I've been a kratom addict for over 2 1/2 years and for the past 2 years I've made nothing but teas as i felt eating 15 grams of powdered leaf everyday cant be too good for you. As for storage, your plan sounds fine although if u wanna store it for a really long time I reccomend taping the clear part of the tupperware to prevent light and throw it in the fridge. Another tip is to buy crushed leaf as it lasts alot longer and grind up your serving when u want to use it. Kratom alkaloids are pretty stable although to prevent damage when making tea, heat the water to just under a boil and boil for 15 mins, strain, and your done. I dont see why some people make tea then drink the powder with the tea, it makes the process of making tea utterly pointless. If u plan on consuming the powder why waste your time with tea, just toss and wash.

Question: I've heard that taking higher doses can turn this into a sedative, rather than a stimulant. Got a variety pack from a vendor, tried Red Vein Kali at 2 grams, got nausea and excitability. Next day, tried 4 grams, same thing except worse, only felt "vaguely" good after a few hours, gave me energy to do work at job. Didn't like overall effect though. Try higher dose to achieve sedative/euphoric effects, or lower dose? How different is Maeng Da? Will try that strain tomorrow, at 1g, since there is school that must be attended. Don't want to be nauseous during class.

Been taking kratom for about a year and a half now, and I can say I still don't understand this magical leaf.I don't think anybody does. You may have to dose for a few days to even start feeling any effects, and sometimes taking the same strain of plain leaf for too long can inhibit the effects as well.

I usually just tosh n wash as it is easier and faster and I don't even taste it anymore, although the few times I made a tea I made it way too strong, I can assure you kratom is water soluble.

I usually take Bali because the red vein thais can give me a weird frustration at times but other times it will be a nice energy boost. I still haven't tried all the strains so you might find one that you prefer more than the others.

I would recommend getting a good amount of a certain strain and try it alone multiple times because as I said when you get a new strain at first you may not feel anything and then the next day it feels amazing.
You will notice as you keep dosing that no burn is the same. And that one day 10g will have an awesome effect and the next day it will somehow have a completely different feeling.

I must have an empty stomach to feel anything, after dosing if I eat maybe within an hour after it will increase the feeling sometimes giving me what people refer to as the "wobbles" which totally kills any good feeling.

Kratom has its sweet spot dosage for me, if I take too much (usually more than 7g in one sitting) then it just takes away all the pleasurable feelings and the wobbles take over.

The extracts are way stronger however and are way more comparable to an actual opiate than just plain leaf, I really like the extracts but try to stay away just because they will skyrocket your tolerance.

Kratom is one of the best things to happen to me though, it has changed my whole outlook in life. I have no desire to drink or eat pills anymore( would love to smoke though but have to wait a few more months).

No matter if you feel it or not, it is a strong plant and can cause withdrawals as I am addicted enough to have them even with the plain leaf and they are not comfortable to say the least but not severe enough to cause nausea. I can still semi function in going to work and such.

Last edited:
I'm tapering from subutex. Been at it for four months already. Pretty close to blowing my brains out. Just tired of being like this. I would like to just go back on subutex. But, my parents won't let me. I'm 27, still live at home and am losing my insurance shortly. It would also be a shame to turn back now I suppose. I was on 8mg for 2-3 yrs. I'm down to 2mg one day then 1 mg the next and so on and so forth. I hear from a majority of people that I'm not doing it fast enough, that I shouldn't still be sick...blah blah. Not exactly helpful. Then, I read about people who did it a hell of a lot slower. Soooo confused on it.It doesn't really matter now I guess. But, I want to do something to ease my wd's and thought about kratom. Everyone is talking about needing multiple grams of the stuff, the sites I'm looking at are selling 500mg UEI capsules and they are not cheap. So I would need to take a bunch of them at one time? How does anyone afford this shit? If I could afford it...I'd go back to doing dope.

I'm tapering from subutex. Been at it for four months already. Pretty close to blowing my brains out. Just tired of being like this. I would like to just go back on subutex. But, my parents won't let me. I'm 27, still live at home and am losing my insurance shortly. It would also be a shame to turn back now I suppose. I was on 8mg for 2-3 yrs. I'm down to 2mg one day then 1 mg the next and so on and so forth. I hear from a majority of people that I'm not doing it fast enough, that I shouldn't still be sick...blah blah. Not exactly helpful. Then, I read about people who did it a hell of a lot slower. Soooo confused on it.It doesn't really matter now I guess. But, I want to do something to ease my wd's and thought about kratom. Everyone is talking about needing multiple grams of the stuff, the sites I'm looking at are selling 500mg UEI capsules and they are not cheap. So I would need to take a bunch of them at one time? How does anyone afford this shit? If I could afford it...I'd go back to doing dope.

Extracts are pretty expensive but they are powerful, and if you are coming off a strong opiate it might just curve the symptoms just enough to get through it which is priceless to me. FST is a strong liquid extract as well, don't know what sites you are looking at but check your inbox.

Bali in my opinion has the most opiate like high and my favorite of all kratom. But be careful... the wds from bali can be nasty. Its not a cake walk and is worse than some of the milder opiates. Do not use kratom unless you can use it in moderation. Thats the best advice i can give. I have had withdrawals off many different opiates and kratom was one of the worst to come off of due to its extreme anxiety , depression, rls, fatigue, insomnia and lethargy. And the worst part of it is that kratom wds imo last substantially longer than traditional opiates such as vicodin or norco which can have maybe 3 days feeling shitty where kratom may take two weeks or so...one week physical and another week mental...and then it only starts to ease up but still lingers. If i could go back id rather have been hooked on vikes or norcos and never used kratom daily

Bali is the most opiate like. Other strains are more energetic. Bali is good for trying to deal with pain or quitting opiates. Thai and Malaysian are better for work.

Last edited:
Bali AKA Red vein Borneo is a good strain. By the way Maeng Da is not even a strain, vendor use to mix a few of their strongest strain and call that Maeng Da. So Maeng Da potency varies from vendor to vendor and from batch to batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.