PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

shanlin
25-04-2014, 20:47
bali and red vein are the same, and they are supposed to be better because they are more euphoric and relaxing imo, and from what ive read. i dont know about large doses since i only take 2gm max at a time..... but i too feel like im cheating the withdrawals and that makes me a lil nervous.

Mycophile
26-04-2014, 06:22
Weird question but the Company Captain Kratom sells a product called Captain Amserdam Premium Bali 15g Capsules.

I'm just wondering if that means that the capsules are individually 15grams or there is 15 grams total in the bag?

I am guessing 15 grams total because from what I've read 15grams seems like a pretty big dose...

If so, anyone know how many grams the capsules are with this brand?

FlawedByDesign
26-04-2014, 06:47
^I dont have a definite answer for you but 15 grams is a pretty large dose. Kratom capsules are usually overpriced, if you want to save some money you should look for places that sell by the ounce or pound.

Mycophile
26-04-2014, 07:04
^I dont have a definite answer for you but 15 grams is a pretty large dose. Kratom capsules are usually overpriced, if you want to save some money you should look for places that sell by the ounce or pound.

Yeah I know that.

But I was still curious about this one product and it looks like you answered the question.

Probably extremely over priced capsules that are 15grams total in the bag, which if so, I am guessing they are like 1 gram each but who knows...

How many grams would you probably dose at once?

Hammilton
26-04-2014, 07:34
You could not get 15g in a cap.

sekio
26-04-2014, 07:40
You could, but it would be a veterinary cow pill (http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/pdf/gelcap.sizechart.pdf). (Su07 holds 28 ml)

Apparently capsules that big can only be ingested by cows. 145lbs+ goats (http://www.torpac.com/Reference/Torpac%20Dosing%20Guide.pdf) can get the 1 ouncer, instead.

Mycophile
26-04-2014, 07:49
You could not get 15g in a cap.

I figured as much.

So 15grams in a bag of capsules has to be a gigantic rip off...at the price listed (I know I can't state it).

Numb19
26-04-2014, 07:53
By send you back into withdrawls to you mean push you back to the beginning of your progress?

I tried 10gr of "Bali" on the 21st and it didn't really do anything except that I did slightly notice there was something there but then again my tolerance is fairly high. It did not put me back into withdrawal at all though but I was free of wd symptoms to begin with.

Honestly though, I really wish I knew about this stuff like two years ago!

tryptamine-tripper
26-04-2014, 20:00
Does anyone else find that just about any strain of Kratom will last practically all day? Maeng Da or Borneo White both have me high for 12+ hours, Bali around 7-8, Thai Red Vein like 10-12...certainly this is partially because I don't exactly go light on the doses, but I hear about a lot of people having even a strong Maeng Da dose last only 6 hours. I know this isn't unique to me by any means, but I'm wondering how common it is.

shanlin
26-04-2014, 22:13
since i only take 1-2 grams at a time it only lasts 3-4 hours, but im taking it for oxy withdrawals and since its been two weeks since ive had any oxy, my withdrawals are prob gone. but with that being said i have some friends that take 7-8 grams and it lasts most of the day. i think if you are not taking it for withdrawals it last longer. everyone is different. its good that it lasts so long for you because that means you dont have to take it that often.

silentcowboy
26-04-2014, 22:16
Does anyone else find that just about any strain of Kratom will last practically all day? Maeng Da or Borneo White both have me high for 12+ hours, Bali around 7-8, Thai Red Vein like 10-12...certainly this is partially because I don't exactly go light on the doses, but I hear about a lot of people having even a strong Maeng Da dose last only 6 hours. I know this isn't unique to me by any means, but I'm wondering how common it is.

With no tolerance I would assume most people could feel kratom for 12 hours (I would guess 12 hrs would be the max though). the main effects being felt for ~3-6hrs, and a nice "after glow" for the remainder of the time.

Now that Ive taken kratom daily for close to 4 years, the main effects of my average dose (4-6g) lasts ~2-3hours. Then a nice afterglow for another few hours, wearing down around the 7-8hr mark. For me, kratom is pretty inconsistent in effects. Sometimes i can take a dose and feel almost nothing, and later with the exact same dose, stomach conditions and strain will produce a good buzz

Ziiirp
26-04-2014, 22:43
since i only take 1-2 grams at a time it only lasts 3-4 hours, but im taking it for oxy withdrawals and since its been two weeks since ive had any oxy, my withdrawals are prob gone. but with that being said i have some friends that take 7-8 grams and it lasts most of the day. i think if you are not taking it for withdrawals it last longer. everyone is different. its good that it lasts so long for you because that means you dont have to take it that often.

I bet if you stop now you will still experience a major withdrawal from the Oxy. Perhaps slightly mitigated, but still a common opioid withdrawal with a hint of a partial agonist withdrawal.

f33lg00d
27-04-2014, 01:06
I bet if you stop now you will still experience a major withdrawal from the Oxy. Perhaps slightly mitigated, but still a common opioid withdrawal with a hint of a partial agonist withdrawal.

A typical reaction would be to feel very minor wd at >10gs a day

Snake_Eyes
27-04-2014, 04:28

Out of the well known plain leaf strains Green Malaysian had the best legs. The only other kind that I have tried that lasted as long was a custom plain leaf blend that contained Maeng Da but I don't know what else.

Hammilton
27-04-2014, 07:50

I bet not. I'd be surprised if there were any withdrawal from 1-2g unless he was using UEI.

Mycophile
27-04-2014, 09:15
What type of vein is Maeng Da?

Green, White or Red?

Is it more stimulating or more sedating?

Is it a type that most Kratom fans like?

Thanks

Ziiirp
27-04-2014, 17:06
I bet not. I'd be surprised if there were any withdrawal from 1-2g unless he was using UEI.

1-2 g every 3-4 hours (the dose declaration could be more accurate) ~ 6 - 16 g daily. Let's round it to 10g/day. Of course you won't experience "full" Kratom withdrawal effects from that period. All I am stating is, that the (already mitigated) Oxy - withdrawal will still be initiated if he/she stops now after taking 10g for 2 weeks.

Flaga121
27-04-2014, 17:26
The class version is Red, but there is a white vein out there being called Maeng Da too.

Both forms are QUITE stimulating, and I enjoy it in a blend for any dose before 5pm. After 5 I switch to true red veins/Bali.

Snake_Eyes
27-04-2014, 20:30
What type of vein is Maeng Da?

Green, White or Red?

Is it more stimulating or more sedating?

Is it a type that most Kratom fans like?

Thanks

The Maeng Da that I've had was a white stimulating strain. I mostly use red vein depending on what I plan on doing. White/green (on top of my caffeine) if I take it before work and if I'm just relaxing at home red vein but if I'm at home I usually add in a little weed and/or temazepam to kick it up a notch.

shanlin
28-04-2014, 01:17
kratom can be so confusing... i have friends use it for 3 weeks to kick oxy and morphine... then they just stop taking the kratom and they are fine... then theres people who say you withdrawl from the kratom and set off oxy withdrawals. is there anyone on here that has used kratom to get off and then was ok?

shanlin
28-04-2014, 01:21
no uei, i just use bali, and keep it at 6-7 grams total for the day.

Hammilton
28-04-2014, 07:52
Does anyone else experience ridiculous diuretic action from kratom? It's making me long for suboxone, ffs. I must have pissed 30 times in the last five hours. I'd like to sleep but I keep needing to piss.

Worse, I still have RLS. I went slightly above my ideal dose and I got slightly wobbly eyed, and the RLS isn't gone.

The longer I'm on kratom the less I like it.

《Plasticity》
28-04-2014, 08:06
Weird question but the Company Captain Kratom sells a product called Captain Amserdam Premium Bali 15g Capsules.

I'm just wondering if that means that the capsules are individually 15grams or there is 15 grams total in the bag?

I am guessing 15 grams total because from what I've read 15grams seems like a pretty big dose...

I've used these, well the capt kratom XL 30g capsules as they're all my HS sells as far as plain leaf and when I'm in withdrawal and my package didn't arrive I make these work, however the quality is shit and they are 4x as much as online kratom. Anywho... each capsule contains 500mgs or .5 grams. An effective starting dose for someone with no tolerance should be 6-8 of the capsules, maybe more depending kn how old the capsules have been stocked as these tend to vary in potency batch to batch quite significantly....far more than kratom vendors, well the reliable ones that is...

I've used too many strains to count (including both strains above) at low to high doses and have never had a high go past 5h nowadays more like 3...maybe 4 hours. Consider yourself lucky ;)

Does anyone else experience ridiculous diuretic action from kratom? It's making me long for suboxone, ffs. I must have pissed 30 times in the last five hours. I'd like to sleep but I keep needing to piss.

Worse, I still have RLS. I went slightly above my ideal dose and I got slightly wobbly eyed, and the RLS isn't gone.

The longer I'm on kratom the less I like it.

Yup, it gets super annoying at night. I piss every 30 mins before bed...it's rediculous. When you start to feel RLS and in a way like your semi-withdrawaling when taking your doses it's time for a break. It'll only get worse if you continue to dose and the higher you dose the more restless you'll get. This is why I frequently take breaks when my tolerance reaches ~10g per dose, though others will have their own limit. Avoid extracts and take either a small 2-3 day break or skip one or two of your doses for a few days... If you don't take a break you'll feel like shit every time you dose eventually...

Cuzie
29-04-2014, 05:43
Tried some for the first time yesterday (5g of Capt. Kratom Vietnam). I liked the way it felt after the peak settled. I did have some uneasiness in my stomach the morning after. Reminded me a little of the quesiness I get from methadone or codeine, but it wasn't as rough. Didn't really like having to eat so much of it.

Ate 3-4g today and feel great after peaking. I'm not so fond of the intense part, but the mellow feels pretty sweet. Think I'm going to add this to the weekly routine.

Thanks, BL!

Hammilton
29-04-2014, 06:41
The intense part?

Mycophile
29-04-2014, 07:46
So Kratom really makes you piss like crazy?

Does it end when the mental effects wear off or does it continue for a while even after?

Does it also make you really thirsty and want to drink a lot of water?

tunesey
29-04-2014, 08:08
I have ordered 25grams of the green Malay kratom and although I have never used it before I occasionally take codeine around 300mg for a good buzz but only a couple of times a month as to stop getting too tolerant too it as I love the Euphoria taking that amount gives me. My question to all those that have experience of using kratom what would be a good starting dose for me many thanks

《Plasticity》
29-04-2014, 08:15
So Kratom really makes you piss like crazy?

Does it end when the mental effects wear off or does it continue for a while even after?

Does it also make you really thirsty and want to drink a lot of water?

Ehh I wouldn't worry about it, I've only ever heard of 2 other people besides Hammilton make this complaint. In my case it may just be because I chase a cup of tea down with extra water so I basically 2 cups of water off the bat and resume my regular water drinking regimine. I don't notice any excessive thirst unless I'm excercising, even then it's far less dehydrating than marijuana. I do know that kratom contains a diuretic but it totalls at <1% alkaloid content so I'm not sure how crucial that is...I guess if it was extra potent then it can have some but I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm ready for bed lol. It starts about an hour or two after dosing and lasts for about 3-4 hours though if you dose everyday it can feel like you have to pee all the time. For me, I only really notice it at night when I'm laying down getting ready to go to bed... It seems like any liquid I put in goes out 20mins later lol.

Hammilton
29-04-2014, 10:54
You won't find hard evidence for any of these things. For Christ's sake, it's barely been studied. There are zero comprehensive binding assays covering the big receptors for the well known compounds, much less for all of the alkaloids it contains.

Take it or don't take it, stop fretting about it on the forums. Yeah, I get it, you don't want to hurt yourself with it. Good news, it's about as safe as these things get. Bad news, you're gonna have to take that on faith because the sorts of studies you need to answer your questions just don't exist.

Stop posting a million questions and do some independent research. There's nothing we can tell you that you can't figure out on your own. Forums like these are good for passing along anecdote and what we've found worked well, what we liked, etc. They're not so good at providing anxiety ridden members with answers to questions like 'what neural pathways does kratom work on?'

If you're going to insist on knowing every little detail about the potential risks, stop posting here and sending three dozen pm's and expecting us to spoon-feed you every goddamn answer, get the journals and start reading what you can. You can find most of the articles free of you ask nicely and look hard. It shouldn't take you too long to exhaust everything of value. Many of them won't have anything useful to you beyond the available abstract.

I think, perhaps, the biggest risk with kratom is consuming the more coarsly ground leaf and having that gritty stuff cause you ulcers. I think it must because it's definitely the cause of my stomach pain recently. A few days with subs again and it's greatly diminished. Consuming a lot of tums in the meantime.

I blame a combination of the kratom and opioid withdrawal that kratom wouldn't cover for the diuretic action. My mouth was also over-salivating, not drooling bad, but annoying when try it to sleep. When I'm in withdrawal, I notice these things more, in addition to the relentless RLS.

Cuzie
29-04-2014, 13:46
The intense part?

I guess I should just call it the peak. Lasted like 45 min or so.

It wasn't intense like an acid trip or anything. Just relatively intense when compared to the smooth mellow feelings that followed afterwards.

fwiw, I don't like the peak of a lot of substances. I prefer the part that comes afterwards..

transending
29-04-2014, 14:55
I have ordered 25grams of the green Malay kratom and although I have never used it before I occasionally take codeine around 300mg for a good buzz but only a couple of times a month as to stop getting too tolerant too it as I love the Euphoria taking that amount gives me. My question to all those that have experience of using kratom what would be a good starting dose for me many thanks

I would say 3-5 grams as a first dose. You will probably still get DAMN high because codine isn't as hard on the opiate tolerence as other opiates.

transending
29-04-2014, 14:59

Dude that brand SUCKS ASS. My local head shop sells it, it weak, old, and generaly shitty (in my exp.).

I would have to consume all 15 grams to get a equivalent effect to 5 grams from a online vender.
If your buying it online there are much better options.
And yep theres 15g total in bag.

Cuzie
29-04-2014, 15:10
^ That's the brand I got. 3-5g for a first timer with very little opiate experience did me pretty well. But it was kinda pricey at like $32 for the bag. Something 3x stronger for the price would be incredibly cost effective.

tunesey
29-04-2014, 18:17
Thanks for you input will go with 3 grams in some OJ for my first go at the Kratom

Hammilton
29-04-2014, 18:43
Put the 3g directly in your mouth, it's a bit gross, but then add the OJ, swirl it around a bit, then swallow. Repeat until your mouth is clean. Don't mix with oj then drink it. That's even worse, you get down to the grit on the bottom and can't swallow it.

Flaga121
29-04-2014, 19:07
Kratom has caused me to kick Kratom. I love it, and have a room full of it. Been an opiate addict forever and now find myself going clean for no reason. I just don't take the time to prep my dose. And then I don't take it before work and don't feel like it after work.

shanlin
29-04-2014, 19:19
i hope thats how i get.

FlawedByDesign
29-04-2014, 19:46
Don't mix with oj then drink it. That's even worse, you get down to the grit on the bottom and can't swallow it.

As long as your kratom is a fine grind and you shake the mixture hard enough, none of if should settle at the bottom. You just have to drink it directly after shaking. I never could stand toss n wash, it leaves me feeling bloated and usually chokes me up.

lolwhatzdrugs
30-04-2014, 18:48
Kratom has caused me to kick Kratom. I love it, and have a room full of it. Been an opiate addict forever and now find myself going clean for no reason. I just don't take the time to prep my dose. And then I don't take it before work and don't feel like it after work.

In a similar boat, but not Kratom - Good luck - Keep going!

Needmotivation
30-04-2014, 18:56
Any idea what Swim can use for motivation after 7 days clean from 40mg/day hydro/oxy and 1mg/day xanax for 8 years. Swim wants his motivation and care for life back. Ct'd. Swim cannot obtain kratom, because of legality issues in Tn.

FlawedByDesign
30-04-2014, 19:20
Any idea what Swim can use for motivation after 7 days clean from 40mg/day hydro/oxy and 1mg/day xanax for 8 years. Swim wants his motivation and care for life back. Ct'd. Swim cannot obtain kratom, because of legality issues in Tn.

I think the best thing you can do is to try to be content with your sobriety. Give your PAWS a month or two to wear off and your motivation should return. If you feel you really need something I would suggest trying Phenibut. If you do try it make sure you don't take it more than 3 days in a row as it is just as addictive as the substances you listed. I also find adrafinil is great for motivation/energy without having the "edge" of classical stimulants. Kava Kava and kanna are also worth looking into.

lolwhatzdrugs
30-04-2014, 19:27
Kava is probably the best suggestion. Phenibut is a gabageric and can be just as addictive as benzos if abused Be very careful if you place any addictive drug in place of an opioid.

I think the best thing you can do is to try to be content with your sobriety

This is the most useful part of the statement. Be content. Exercise. Love live Appreciate life. We are star stuff ;) :)

That 40mg is a low dose. Just keep in mind if you find an opioid to fill in it will get more painful. Opioids pay back twice in pain what they give in pleasure. Many have found this out the hard way.

Mr.Scagnattie
30-04-2014, 21:54

We do not use SWIM here. Just use "I". Read the BLUA for more and OD Guidelines.

As far as getting motivation back, it takes time. You have to kind of force yourself in the beginning otherwise you'll just start feeling worse and worse.. get out and exercise, find a good hobby, throw yourself into work, whatever. Just occupy your time with positive and productive things.

MobileHomie
01-05-2014, 06:20
Being Opiate tolerant and able to take 70-100mg of hydrocodone to get my buzz, i wasn't sure if Kratom would do it for me. I was skeptic for sure. Lemme tell you, this stuff is LEGIT. Of course, i made the mistake of buying from a smoke shop before i came to my senses and did some serious research.

When i took the " head shop " garbage, i needed 20 grams ( i know, alot.....it was caca product ) to get the buzz and i must've got lucky as I DID feel euphoria and a general sense if well-being. I then decided on a reputable online vendor and purchased a variety pack. BOY was it worth it.

I received my package the day after ordering, and decided on 7 grams mixed with applesauce. I used the " Malay " strain. About 30 mins into it and i started feeling like I ingested 60 mg of Hydrocodone. I kid you NOT ! i dont get the itches like hydro, nor moody like hydro.

Its a GREAT substitute and I'll be using in moderation. I plan on mixing some different strains together for a 10 gram dose in my morning applesauce. The 7 grams dose i did was about 5:30, felt it at 6 and i'm still feeling GREAT. And I HAVE an opiate tolerance. I usually like 100 mg of hydro/norco, but i'm really enjoying Kratom. I dont experience ANY side effects that people speak of. It really is legit, but RESPECT it and dont give this wonderful plant a bad name.

FUCK headshops, FUCK smoke shops, FUCK legal high websites.......do your research and you'll be rewarded with a wonderful plant. Its also done WONDERS on my Arthritic knee due to tearing my Meniscus and A.C.L. skateboarding. Its a MIRACLE plant......DON'T CALL IT A DRUG. It's a healing plant.

lolwhatzdrugs
01-05-2014, 17:23
I think, perhaps, the biggest risk with kratom is consuming the more coarsly ground leaf and having that gritty stuff cause you ulcers. I

Parachuting a bunch of kratom when my tolerance waned the most, after getting high for a few days I had the most incredible stomach pains, vomiting and nausea on the third or fourth go around. My was I miserable, I went to a little paid clinic dealy, didn't get shit that helped - but I was in helllll.

Hammilton
01-05-2014, 19:14
Hey, if you liked 7 grams that much, don't take ten. Taking more won't give you a stronger opioid high, but it will give you greatly increased side effects. Eye wobbles, a sort of delayed, lagging, shaky vision and a weird, unpleasant sedation will take over and your sought after opioid effects will be overtaken by undesirable clonidine- or extremely high dose gabapentin-like effects.

You might try 7.5, but odds are you found your sweet spot with 7g if you liked it that much.

I know that if I were to take 3g more than my normal dose I'd have a very unpleasant time. 7g is already a pretty high dose. Amanitadine, who has consumed more kratom than anyone I've seen on here said that he was taking 7g doses, as well. He just did that every other hour...

DreamingInBlue
01-05-2014, 19:52
Just picked up 4oz of Red Bali a couple days ago, on my way to Southern California right now to start a new job so I had to kick dope for good, (been on a month long chip this time) Combining about 7gs of kratom with 2mgs of Klonopin seems to be working well so far.

Mycophile
02-05-2014, 07:39
Ok, simple question:

I was told that Green veins are the most stimulating, with white in between and Red the most sedating.

Several other sites are saying the opposite, that White is the most stimulating, and Green the one that falls in the middle.

However, I've heard that stimulating/sedating effects aren't necessarily dependent on vein.

Thoughts on which people generally find to be more stimulating, green or white?

88dood88
02-05-2014, 16:53
Ok, simple question:

I was told that Green veins are the most stimulating, with white in between and Red the most sedating.

Several other sites are saying the opposite, that White is the most stimulating, and Green the one that falls in the middle.

However, I've heard that stimulating/sedating effects aren't necessarily dependent on vein.

Thoughts on which people generally find to be more stimulating, green or white?
Many find both of them stimulating. Hell I find all sorts of kratom stimulating, even strains like red bali. Lower doses tend to be more stimulating and larger ones tend to be more sedating. Having both white and green strains before, they seemed pretty similar to me, except a green strain like Maeng Da doesn't have long lasting effects to me. Just try some out yourself, it affects people differently anyways.

FlawedByDesign
02-05-2014, 20:25
I find white vein strains to be the most stimulating, white vein kalimantan in particular. They tend to make me quite irritable which is why I rarely use anything other than bali.