• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pain the best strains are red veins, bali in paricular. I've tried about every strain and I realized bali is the strain for me. The most opiate like, sedating but still provides motivation, pain relief, and high mitragynine content, and it's the cheapest. An ounce of bali is barely more than a pack of ciggarettes (hope that doesn't count as price discussion). Nowadays I pretty much only buy bali, that's my strain and that's likely the one I'll use forever. White/green veins make great morning sessions though, I find their main aspects are stimulation, increased focus, mood boost, motivational boost all while providing decent euphoria although less euphoria and pain relief than red veins. Since your using kratom for pain relief go for bali or red vein borneo. White vein borneo may hold you off well but next order try out a red strain. Also I hope your not buying this stuff from headshops cuz if you are I can tell you you can get up to 4x as much kratom of better quality online. Even a 2-3x daily habit costs around 30$ a week. Also If your red flagged I'd say don't even bother making your rep worst by asking for more meds unless you find kratom doesn't do enough for your pain. Why get hooked on strong painkillers if it's not necessary? Kratom is a more ideal long term solution with an easier escape plan if you find you want off. Tolerance to kratom and its analgesic properties also seem to stay the same. With opiates you may start out at 10mgs a day but eventually you'll be on OP 40's then OP 80's... you get my point.
Thanks my friend, i placed a online order and i think you did not talk about price lol. At first i did not think i would need this for pain based on the cyst went away but no i have another infection . I called 3 headshops and they proved what i have learned they sell crap and are WAY over priced. The white could be a good starting point and i will try another blend if need be. I checked and it might be here today, i want to take the pain med today and then the kratom tomorrow. Any one see that as a bad idea? not sure if i can take it right after the pain meds or it could be a let down . I know i will not get the same effect but i just want to make sure it is safe to take it a day after taking pills

Hey there Cap'n K. Yeah, I've been buying a fair amount of Bali lately, the prices are reasonable. I also recommend Sumatra red vein; don't be fooled by the cheap price - (probably the cheapest strain out there), the analgesic properties of this are impressive. A relative recently went cold turkey from 350 mg of codeine a day, and detoxed painlessly with no more than 5 grams of my Sumatra red. Also, Sumatra red and white are supposed to mix brilliantly.

Anybody got anything to say about the green variety? My vendors recently started pushing a green kratom, and I've no idea what it can do.
I have heard a lot of people like the red, i thought the white sounded the best for me. I wanted a more up kinda thing but now i need more of a pain killer but if you go and read my post a few back looks like i would get the bare min of pain pills if i go that way and lets be honest its not good for you and for me i would set my self up to fail. Any ways no price talk for me but.... i found the white to be the cheapest from my vendor....hmmm

Man I wish my good ole Bali would arrive. Just more proof that kratom has soo many alkaloids. I have thai/maeng da/indo and they just don't compare to Bali for me. Well that is whatever my vendor gets and sells as Bali. It's awesome nonetheless. Because true Bali only comes from one supplier. Thai feels awesome for an hour, then I just get these waves of frustration at the simplest things. Kind of like I'm withdrawing from the Bali even though I'm still consuming kratom.

And please guys, don't buy kratom from the headshops. Every time you do you are supporting this leaf getting banned. Already happened in a few states even though I doubt any lawmaker even knows what the hell kratom is. They just see headshops advertising something to get fucked up on.

And just so everyone knows, Indonesia is trying to ban kratom. Earlier this year they really put a foot down on the supply being shipped out. Every vendor had to raise their prices at least double. They are back down but if this law gets passed I don't think there will be any going back.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/14/055529490/Police-Unravel-Three-New-Drug-Types

Just such fucking bullshit, they say they unravel "new" drug types. And then post a picture of a white powder. Kratom has been used for a LONG time. Headshops cause this shit to happen, lawmakers just lump kratom into all these Rcs.

Seems like the UN is involved and will probably get a worldwide ban in the near future.

One of the vendors I know of is still shipping out of Indonesia so it hasn't happened yet. Just a warning.

Last edited:
Man I wish my good ole Bali would arrive. Just more proof that kratom has soo many alkaloids. I have thai/maeng da/indo and they just don't compare to Bali for me. Well that is whatever my vendor gets and sells as Bali. It's awesome nonetheless. Because true Bali only comes from one supplier. Thai feels awesome for an hour, then I just get these waves of frustration at the simplest things. Kind of like I'm withdrawing from the Bali even though I'm still consuming kratom.

And please guys, don't buy kratom from the headshops. Every time you do you are supporting this leaf getting banned. Already happened in a few states even though I doubt any lawmaker even knows what the hell kratom is. They just see headshops advertising something to get fucked up on.

And just so everyone knows, Indonesia is trying to ban kratom. Earlier this year they really put a foot down on the supply being shipped out. Every vendor had to raise their prices at least double. They are back down but if this law gets passed I don't think there will be any going back.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/14/055529490/Police-Unravel-Three-New-Drug-Types

Just such fucking bullshit, they say they unravel "new" drug types. And then post a picture of a white powder. Kratom has been used for a LONG time. Headshops cause this shit to happen, lawmakers just lump kratom into all these Rcs.

Seems like the UN is involved and will probably get a worldwide ban in the near future.

One of the vendors I know of is still shipping out of Indonesia so it hasn't happened yet. Just a warning.
I tend to think most headshops have no idea what there selling to begin with. I think the main stream media just looks at it as a legal high based on how the local shops sell it. I am two waiting on a order, and i just checked its on its way for today. I paid for 2 day and placed the order thursday morning and it should be here soon. I am kinda happy and tad nervous in a way, the stomach issues people have talked about has me on edge a tad but i have enough sense to not over do it right of the bat and maybe wait a day or 2 to go back at it if today's does tends to be to less or even a tad to much. You made some great points

I probably have a high tolerance, but I rarely ever experience nausea. And I have never thrown up from kratom. The first time however, I was in the "lets get fuuckered up" kind of mode and ate around 30-40gs of plain leaf. Not a good night, I definitely had nausea but never could throw up.

I really think if you get a nice strain, eat around 5gs, there shouldn't be any nausea. If you eat it on an empty stomach and then eat something I have noticed it to increase effects sometimes too much where I will get dizzy so that could be some people's problem. Although I have had a few friends eat around 10gs and complain about the nausea so maybe I'm just weird. Keep the dose low and you should be fine.

Hey dopemegenty hope things are goin good. All strains tend to have their own flavor regardless of vein color but as a generalization greens for me are the most stimulating, whites are in between but leaning more towards the stimulating side, and reds are sedating and euphoric although I have had stimulating red veins (red vein thai) and sedating green veins (kalimantan green vein). If you like the stimulating strains give the greens a go, even if not it's good to try as many strains possible in the chance that you may find "the one". These days though no strain is stimulating for me. I can chug a huge dose of green malaysian and head off to bed during the peak and have the best sleep ever. Tolerance to the stimulating alkaloids has definately built for me, yet the opioid ones haven't. This is what makes me believe the mu antagonist alkaloids play a huge role in maintaining decent tolerance.

Like lifted gift said I can't stress this enough, don't support ANY headshop products. These retarted headshops stock it in their "legal high" sections and kratom gets lumped in with synthetic cannabinoids and all that other nonsense. You and I know that the government isn't gonna look into kratoms effects, if it makes you feel good then it's bad *says the pill popping lawmakers*. It figures the only way they can attempt to scaremonger this publicly unheard of plant is by lumping it in with LSD and methylone and post a picture of synthetics. If kratom is such a problem then how home nobody I know IRL has ever heard of it? Doesn't seem like much of a problem if you ask me. The one thing that gives me hope is kratoms community. Kratom has one of the strongest and most vocal communities of any plant that I know of. They won't hesitate to contact lawmakers and express their opinion. They have saved a few states from banishment AFAIK but if indonesia bans exports and growth completely expect to see a massive shortage and an incredible raise in price, I dont think it will dissapear though it will likely be grown locally instead.

Last edited:
IT CAME TODAY. Well i took my pain meds today and i do not want to take this with it or can i take kratom later today?? Any ways i can not find my digital scale i thought i had it in a draw oh well so my girl wanted to try some. .So i put one teaspon i think that is a tad under 5 grams in some OJ and she drank it then we had to get some water in the cup to get it all in her system. I think the toss and wash would of been better. Now its been close to 50 min she said she does not feel anything here words not really. This borneo white smelt like green tea and she said it was not sour could this be some fake stuff? I mean i think i got it from a good source ya know. Ummm could it been to small of a amount even for her she takes pain meds on and off and like me is in the 50 or more mg to feel any effects from your basic pain pill. I read some people say 30 min to a hour . I all so seen that she can re dose in like 2 hours again but its best to keep it to another small amount. Could she try another 4.5 grams ? I think i will try around 6 to 7 range we are so close to how things work for use like we are at the same does for everything we take or have take. Only thing is beer i can drink more lol .Please do not forget my question for me i took my pain meds around 1 pm and its damn near 4 and i do not feel the up from the pain meds no more just a tad tired. Can i try kratom for my self today or should i wait to tomorrow?

If you wanted to you could take the kratom with the painkillers although I don't reccomend that. Wait till the effects of the pain meds are completely gone so you know what the kratom is doing for you. Chances are you didn't get fake stuff, I've never heard of someone being sent fake kratom. Buy a scale man, your never gonna take the same dose twice if you eyeball. This is gonna lead to you feeling great one time and sick as fuck the next. You can get a gram scale for 10$ on amazon, it will be the best 10$ you'll spend trust me. As for your GF's effects, if she doesn't feel anything by an hour you either didn't dose high enough or you got weak kratom. White strains have notoriously low mitragynine content. With tea I peak at 40mins and with TnW I peak by an hour or so. Redosing is useless with kratom so don't waste any more material by giving her more and more. You've gotta get the dose right the first time or your gonna have to wait 4 hours to try again. If your gonna consume the powder then toss and wash is the best way. Kratom doesn't mix well with liquids and it's gritty and disgusting IME. Mixing with food or water only prolongs the suffering, just TnW but don't take a full dose in one go and don't breathe in when the powder is in your mouth or you will choke. Take a tiny sip of water, place the kratom in your mouth, and chase it down with water.

Last edited:
If you wanted to you could take the kratom with the painkillers although I don't reccomend that. Wait till the effects of the pain meds are completely gone so you know what the kratom is doing for you. Chances are you didn't get fake stuff, I've never heard of someone being sent fake kratom. Buy a scale man, your never gonna take the same dose twice if you eyeball. This is gonna lead to you feeling great one time and sick as fuck the next. You can get a gram scale for 10$ on amazon, it will be the best 10$ you'll spend trust me. As for your GF's effects, if she doesn't feel anything by an hour and a half you either didn't dose high enough or you got weak kratom. White strains have notoriously low mitragynine content. Redosing is useless with kratom so don't waste any more material by giving her more and more. You've gotta get the dose right the first time or your gonna have to wait 4 hours to try again. If your gonna consume the powder then toss and wash is the best way. Kratom doesn't mix well with liquids and it's gritty and disgusting IME. Mixing with food or water only prolongs the suffering, just TnW but don't take a full dose in one go and don't breathe in when the powder is in your mouth or you will choke. Take a tiny sip of water, place the kratom in your mouth, and chase it down with water.
Lol if you go back i said i have a nice scale i just can not find it lol. I am not buying a new one i will find it, i think its the real deal i just think for me i get very up on stuff and she becomes very relaxed. She said she feels kinda chill, she had a little more and i agree i rather not waste half a oz trying to find what is her right amount this is mine . I am open to try some red/green as well. I think i can try it for my self tonight just based on the pain meds should be worn off 100 percent in another hour i would think. I will do the toss and wash it got real nasty in with Oj, we had to re mix it with water 2 times and it was kinda messy. The white blend i got smells just like green tea but she said it does taste pretty bitter. I will give this a go and based on how this works i might get more of the same blend or try another vendor for some red and i think i might go with a nice green malay.

Here is my update on my own use. Well i took right around 8 grams and it has been now 2 hours and i feel nothing. Now maybe the pain meds had a role in this but i felt no effects from the pain meds and it was hours after taking them . I do feel a tad ill in the stomach but that could very well be the pain from my infection/meds i am on and i get everyday sickness to start with. So i doubt i took to much, i think i will wait to monday and once again on a empty stomach try 10 grams and see how it goes. I tried the toss and wash and it got stuck in my throat , that kinda sucked but i got it all done with a few small glasses of water. All in all i am not down on this as this might not of been enough or the right blend. If anyone see's me waiting a full day and trying 10 grams a issue please post. I am open to trying upwards of 12-14 grams once again if that is stupid let me know. Thank you

So i went to bed with the idea today i would take more in one shot. Well i started to think the stomach issue might been do to the pain meds in my system or i might of took to much. So this morning i took 5 grams and i felt kinda relaxed like some others i thought lower does brings on the up effect that CAN happen . Well i got a stomach ache and felt kinda sick this was around 12 pm i had some soup and took it easy as i am healing from my back issue. I was to sick to go to the Er for a follow up but i can go tomorrow so that is no big deal. I started to feel better threw the day and i did more looking around and found someone who was willing to chat with me about kratom a tad more. I was told i should try lower amount. So at 730 pm tonight i took 3 grams and i felt much better no sickness and i did have a candy cane to ease my stomach just incase. I felt kinda more a wear but chill at the same time. I been kinda driving everyone nuts at home as i am healing and home all day . I am taking up a nitro rc hobby to fill my time this winter/spring. I spent the day going back and forth about what i want and my girl started to get pissed as i was bothering her lol. A tad before 8 pm i felt good and more chill and had a better control over my feelings. I no its not best to take a lot over 24 hours but i am trying to find my sweet spot and i just need to nail down what meld is best. The White might not be it , i am thinking a green should do. I had 2 grams 20 min ago and i feel very good no stomach issues a very up feeling but not racy no where like a pain pill high like i thought could happen. I feel more awake, motivated to get threw the night and get things down. I guess a lower gram amount is best for me now.

you guys think two weeks of moderate use(120g in total) will cause any kind of withdrawal? And if so for how long? Thanks.

I don’t think it will, no. You’ll probably be fine. And if you have any, it won’t be severe or for long. No worries.

Well it's been 48 hours since my last kratom dose. Coming up on 2 full years of daily use. Mind you I mostly do plain leaf with maybe a few extracts thrown in there every month or so. I did binge on some extract last week for a couple days which I felt made my tolerance slightly higher.

Today (day 2) was definitely worse than yesterday probably because I had to go to work which was difficult. I will say phenibut knocks out a bunch of the symptoms. I have slight restless legs, moderate pains all over. Little depressed, but absolutely no nausea. Just very low energy and motivation.

This was kind of just an experiment I pulled to see how hard it would be to get off. I'm not sure If I'll stay off or what but I plan to keep going until I feel better because honestly it's not that bad. I mean I definitely feel like shit. I would compare it to a cold/flu without the nausea. I've never been addicted to any strong opiates so I'm sure this is a walk in the park compared to what some people endure as I can still go to work and function.

I'll see if it gets worse or what... This is the first time I've purposely quit cold turkey so if anyone can chime in on how many days it lasts I would love to know. I've heard by day 4-5 it gets better but the depression lingers so we'll see I guess.

No nausea? You’ve got it easy. If you want off, I’d kick it now then. Perfect time.

I've been sick from opiate plenty of times and I would say the nausea is the worst part. Maybe the Phenibut helps a lot with that, because benzos have always helped my w/d nausea.

Yeah i don't know. I don't get nauseous easily I guess. Even when taking kratom I never got nauseous just dizzy and unpleasant feeling when I took too much.

Well it's been 72 hours, physical pains are less today but I already notice the boredom and depression setting in.

I'll keep you posted.

Well day 4, I caved in. Took 1.5 g of plain leaf. Guess I couldn't handle the boredom and shitty mental feeling. All physical pains left after 3 days for me. But the mental withdrawal felt like it was going strong. Now I am tapering phenibut so I'm sure that adds to the recipe, maybe too fast as I didn't sleep well last night which kind of made me want to take kratom so I'm not so pissed off at work.

My tolerance is back to 0 just after 3 and a half days. 1.5gs feels awesome.

Last edited:
I've been sick from opiate plenty of times and I would say the nausea is the worst part. Maybe the Phenibut helps a lot with that, because benzos have always helped my w/d nausea.

No nausea? You’ve got it easy. If you want off, I’d kick it now then. Perfect time.

Kratom withdrawal has never had any GI effects for me, this is why I choose to keep kratom as my DOC and only abuse opioids once maybe twice a week. Maybe I will lose my appetite but I've never had any cramps or nausea.

@LiftedGate I take similar breaks about 5x a year, I'll tell you that the first dose after being in withdrawals for a couple of days is better than sex, just the amount of euphoria that comes from not being sick anymore is amazing. What I like about doing these breaks is obviously the drop in tolerance but also the fact that I can spread doses farther apart without going into withdrawal. I usually start going into withdrawals about every 5-7 hours but after these breaks I can hold out up to 10 hours. I'm really due for another break though, I just hate going to work in withdrawal, the days go by so damn slow and all I think about is how kratom can make physical labor fun lol.

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me how long it's safe to user kratom for opiate withdrawals without ending up with a kratom problem? What's the best way to do it without ending up having to wean off of kratom? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.