• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

4 DaZe clean :-)

Nope2opes

Greenlighter
Feel like I'm among the only group of people that realize what a miracle 4 days off opes is. Remember in meetings when u more impressed with the guy that had 23 days than the guy that had 10yrs??? Not that those years aren't a miracle and what it must have took to get them. Hell a had 7 years once in aa, then met my true love Mr opiate, now 4 days is awesome. Just scraped my incense burners so I think I'm rambling, goodnight to those that sleep,I know my ass can't yet,peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Your success is amazing... You'll find more of us in recovery to talk to in The Dark Side!

Homeless>>>TDS

What you need to do is write some journal entries for yourself about all of the negatives associated with opiate addiction. When we get clean time under our belts, we tend to become nostalgic of the good times and forgetful about the bad. Take photos of yourself too for future reference. If you are in meetings, talk to the guy with four days, not just to help him, but to remember for yourself.

As soon as your body is ready, get active. Exercise, eat well, work or study, make sober friends. Being exhausted also helps with the sleep issue. Idle time is the devil's playground.

Good luck!

Congratulations!

Any time frame being off opiates is a success. I like the idea that RedLeader had of keeping a journal of negative things associated with opiates. Something I suggest doing (if you haven't already) is cutting off communication with those who you used with/bought from.

You should be so proud of yourself for your accomplishment!

Also, maybe check out the "March staying clean thread" in this forum :) It's filled with support and people trying and determined to get and stay clean.

<3

Congrats! Everyday clean is a miracle. Remember that. The person with the most clean time is who woke up the earliest, otherwise we only have today. Keep up the good work. Relapse is part of my story as well, but in the Na basic text sometimes relapse can be the earth shaking experience needed to apply a more rigorous application of our program. I know it was for me. Keep it up and keep us posted.