• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

3 years heavy(avg.2000+ mg) tramadol addiction withdrawal day 10 help plz

Pathetic Oblivion

Greenlighter
hello

i dont know what to do with this craving/depression/zero energy/brain zaps and etc...plz someone help ..sorry for make long story short .

Welcome to blueight.

That's a pretty hefty amount of tramadol you were on. I think the best thing you could have done was to taper. You need medical attention if you hope to make this experience easier. Tramadol withdrawal symptoms can linger for a while and feel very uncomfortable.

doin good i think

thank u for reply but taper idea dont work for me

actually iam in day 14now and doin good except depression and low energy and mild brain zaps

day 1 and 2 and 3 with out help ( its like hell in my room:insomnia , baaaaaad RLS , hellish brain zaps and pain like joints ashes and mild diarrhea needless to mention that depression and zero energy)
day 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 start with 300mg gabapentine every 12h and quetiapine 50mg befor bed ( unfortunatly its made my RLS 1000000time worster )

day 8 , 9 ,10 start with hydroxizine for make me sedated ( palcebo i think but its work ) and one clonidine 0.2mg before RLS gets unbearable

day 11 ,12 , try some valporic acid for its mood stablizing effects its work but dont worth to ruin ur goals ( to being drug free )

day 13 , 14 ( in middle of 14 ) : DRUG FREE but mood swings(means craving for something that make me high) and horrible depression(not suicidical thoughts) and mild brain zaps (its happen if am move my head)

needless to say i could sleep just 2 hour in every 48 hours ( being on my room and listen to pink floyd and Anathema not recommend for others its make them relapse )
but in day 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 sleep soooooo nice with gabapentine but my pill mind said to stop doing thiz its gonna be addictive for u ( and fear of its own withdrawal that i read in this site )

in the end :every day gets better with some easy exercises and some thing to make me busy like beting on soccer ..( sorry for bad english )

what a nice feeling knowing that someone in this big world knows that what iam feeling now.( ashamed to say others that iam addicted plz help me)

sorry for my mistake on day counting iam in night of day 14 now ( yesterday i feel bad that i cant count days passed by and maybe its becuze of that i dont think someone reply my post ) actually day counting make my craving for drugs worst .

Last edited:
Welcome, I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel a little better. <3

I'm going to move this over to The Dark Side where more people will be able to give you support and their advice. If you have any questions about Bluelight or want to chat, feel free to PM me.

Hey Pathetic Oblivion. Welcome to BL and congratulations on making it 14 days clean. That's one awful time isn't it. I came off a huge opiate habit in august. First your doing just great!! Let me say first for theirs that are reading this.. I really good drug, that helps make an opiate detox much, much, more bearable is clonidine..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine. There are other things, but I will let someone with better first hand knowledge of those throw them out there.

So the good news, or bad news in a good way, is that what your experiencing is normal. The addicted part of your brain is pulling all the strings, it controls, to drive you back to use. The addicted part of your brain is the Limbic System http://its.sdsu.edu/multimedia/mathison/limbic/index.htm , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system. You sound like you are beginning the transition from the acute withdraws in to PAWS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome. This is great because your you should be getting quite a bit better, now or really soon, then a little better day after day. Hang in there it is so worth it! It gets so good so quick. There is a staying clean thread here you should check out as well as allot of really good people who know and have been right where you are now.. some days, months, years, hours ago. around the DS we sorta lean on one another and in doing so have formed something that's pretty damn strong. So look at this little sliver of the world, it probably has quite a bit that can help you.

So anyway here is whats going on.. You have reprogrammed one job of the limbic system, the dopamine reward pathway job, by ingesting a substance that riggers a dopamine release, to think that your use is necessary for you to sustain life. The Limbic system and in particular the hypothalamus of the limbic system control all of what you are experiencing.

LIMBIC SYSTEM

The Limbic System is the area of the brain that regulates emotion and memory. It directly connects the lower and higher brain functions. It influences emotions, the visceral responses to those emotions, motivation, mood, and sensations of pain and pleasure.

- HYPOTHALAMUS

The hypothalamus sits under the thalamus at the top of the brain stem. Although the hypothalamus is small, it controls many critical bodily functions: Controls autonomic nervous system Center for emotional response and behavior Regulates body temperature Regulates food intake Regulates water balance and thirst Controls sleep-wake cycles, endocrine system.

So think about your symptoms.. " craving/depression/zero energy/brain zaps" craving, since this part of the brain controls, the drive or craving for water (thirst), the drive or craving for food (hunger).. it is able to try and drive you to use (because you artificially and permanently reprogrammed it to think you need this substance to live it will temporarely drive you to use it just like it would if you were starving or dying g of thirst.. don't worry, I think you are almost past that point and are way past the worst) so it will cause you to crave that substance with all its mite. depression, the limbic system controls your mood, and it wants anything but you feeling happy about not choosing to do something it thinks you NEED, so it will make you feel depressed (the minds way of telling the mind that it is doing something wrong).. No energy, yep it controls your energy and fatigue level.. Just trying to push you to use.. If you look through all your symptoms you will find that this Limbic system controls them all.

You want this LS to chill the hell out already and leave you some peace=D.. It will, but its a little bit of a process.. you are really close to the first miracle.. it will get dramatically better, then it get a little better everyday for between four to seven months and then your mind clears (opiate receptors shut down) and if you are like me you will be amazed because you had no idea you were living under such a fog.. Hang in there!! you are doing great ALLOT OF GREAT PEOPLE HERE ON BL DS.. they have been where you are and will support you. I know its hard, but tit gets better quick.. hang in there, this is just nonsense your brain is doing to itself.. You are amazing and doing great!!<3<3

be aware that after the acute withdraw you will have to deal with the addiction, you can do it.

Last edited:
hello

wow i mean wowww what a huge information u have about brain parts job sir neversickanymore

and thank you for reply

now i find the reasons of my relapse. 1 year ago after 2 months of being drug free and reach that state of mind that said myself what a idiot iam for being addicted to drugs(occasionally methadone 50+mg,weed,hash,DXM,opium,alcohol,...) why am i done such a idiotic things ( going too far on drugs ) ....then someday that REWARDING thoughts happen ( after 2 months my mind said me ur done great job 1 day 1 dose is nothing that u cant handle ...but its turns out that i cant realy and my addiction start till 14 days ago )

but now i know what to do to stay drug free.actually iam know what a beautiful life wait for me after this symptoms gone u know GOD made me a handsome men that all girls in my town want to know me but tramadol made me a someone that always need to be alone and HATE real hate to watched by others and made my heart like stone .

am i right : body gets tolerance to withdrawal of drugs i think this time (and last time) withdrawal symptoms are a little bit easier than year before hm?

in the end am gonna say thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u ALL . again sorry for bad english grammer spells ..never and nobody teach me a word (learn from movies subtitle i think ) but i can understand every single word from u guys.

^ Yep.. Oblivion, there is a staying clean thread here in the dark side.. think about joining it.. we all lend support, wisdom, and tips, to us and all that are battling our Limbic Systems.. also there is a thread about good things about being sober, things you are grateful for (since the Limbic system likes you to be sad and shameful in hopes you will use again: its a powerful weapon to list what you are thankful for as well as read what others are) , and allot of hard core addicts fighting and joining in the battle to win out.. THE HELL WITH ENGLISH GAMER AND SPELLING, IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ANYONE! So glad you are doing well, stick in it.. you already know the rewards are great.<3=D

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/667018-March-staying-clean-thread
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ful-for-ver-2-thankful-for-all-the-darksiders!
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/663215-Good-things-about-being-off-drugs-getting-sober

Last edited:
thank u for reply but taper idea dont work for me

actually iam in day 14now and doin good except depression and low energy and mild brain zaps

day 1 and 2 and 3 with out help ( its like hell in my room:insomnia , baaaaaad RLS , hellish brain zaps and pain like joints ashes and mild diarrhea needless to mention that depression and zero energy)
day 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 start with 300mg gabapentine every 12h and quetiapine 50mg befor bed ( unfortunatly its made my RLS 1000000time worster )

day 8 , 9 ,10 start with hydroxizine for make me sedated ( palcebo i think but its work ) and one clonidine 0.2mg before RLS gets unbearable

day 11 ,12 , try some valporic acid for its mood stablizing effects its work but dont worth to ruin ur goals ( to being drug free )

day 13 , 14 ( in middle of 14 ) : DRUG FREE but mood swings(means craving for something that make me high) and horrible depression(not suicidical thoughts) and mild brain zaps (its happen if am move my head)

needless to say i could sleep just 2 hour in every 48 hours ( being on my room and listen to pink floyd and Anathema not recommend for others its make them relapse )
but in day 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 sleep soooooo nice with gabapentine but my pill mind said to stop doing thiz its gonna be addictive for u ( and fear of its own withdrawal that i read in this site )

in the end :every day gets better with some easy exercises and some thing to make me busy like beting on soccer ..( sorry for bad english )

what a nice feeling knowing that someone in this big world knows that what iam feeling now.( ashamed to say others that iam addicted plz help me)

sorry for my mistake on day counting iam in night of day 14 now ( yesterday i feel bad that i cant count days passed by and maybe its becuze of that i dont think someone reply my post ) actually day counting make my craving for drugs worst .

Why does taper not work well for you?

You seem to have the right mind set: every day will get better. At first, as you know, it will be difficult. You will feel so much better once you're clean.

Neversickanymore gave you some great info!

hello

actually sir neversickanymore play 2nd GOD role for me . i wish unlimited success for him

for answer ur question : my brain only works on 0 or 1 sections ( drug free or full addicted ) . every time i said to myself start to taper down or u gonna die so soon ,jilbert that standed in mirror (my name is jilbert) said ok what a nice decision go on ....but in day that i want to take little bit lower dose ,again jilbert in mirror apears and shout at me ...realy u want to ruin that little buzz( sick feelings of overdose) with not taking maybe 100mg out of 2000mg its idiotic dont do that plz dont..dont fool ur self u cant ...ur slave..u better get high or die tryin..

for my mind set : walked this way many time but just 1 out of 1000 time i could reach to 2 months drug free life (1 year ago ).and remember how amazed iam about my feelings ,energy ,happiness ,lips colour ,....every single thing in this world make me happy and smile like peoples driving style ,cats ,dogs ,birds,music...

its feel like being new born child in mens world trust me its beautiful ,and maybe u said why didnt u done this earlier its becuz of my hard ( i think ) job . iam now in my 2nd week of 4 week vacation in march (every year ) ..withdrAWAL MONTH .

and something maybe u said 2000+MG tramadol isnt hardcore that u think but trust me IT IS. especially in serotenergic part ..but iam always said to my self NOTHING IS PERMANENT IN HUMANKIND LIFE.. stay safe and sedated with out drugs

Everything you are describing to me sounds like the typical withdrawal cycle from SNRI/SSRI antidepressants, and considering that Tramadol has quite a bit of its action by acting as a fairly weak SNRI -- this doesn't surprise me considering the insanely large mega-doses you were taking. Even a doc at the doc in the box would likely be willing to write you some low dose Prozac to taper off of (10-20mg or so in tablets so you can split them up easy) if you were to come clean with him with your past, and your present problems. They use Prozac to help people wean off of much more powerful SNRI's such as Effexor and Cymbalta, and to wean off of the more difficult to quit SSRI's such as Paxil. If the brain zaps are the main issue, there is a very good chance that this would resolve the issue, and it would be much easier to come off of the Prozac after the fact than to suffer the brain zaps now.

Even though its some money ... I would insist on tablets though. Some of the generics of Prozac are not quite so equal.

Its a thought! Good luck!

hello and thank you Timber

prozac for me sounds like trade my addiction with another . i can have any drugs i want unless the pharmacy i choose have female workers and i never trust docs sorry but they Are idiots .

i think my symptoms gets better much much better after 16 maybe 17 days .

if am rate symptoms from 0 to 10
brain zaps : 2
zero energy: 5
depression: 3 (improved after i found BL and sir neversickanymore )
insomnia:9 ( but i could sleep 3 hours instead of 2 hours every 48 h.)
pain or ashes : 0 ( maybe sometimes my back muscels have weird pain i cant find the reason of that maybe its because of my spine surgeries 2 times for motorbike accidents)
(thats why iam never trust docs they put all they could find made from IRON in my body my ex gf called me ROBOCop ...)
RLS (this is worst part for me ) : 0 yes zero thank god for that
cravings: 6 its so destructive but i can handle it with mild exercise and salt baths LOL.

be safe .

Last edited:
Hi PO,

I'd avoid ADs if possible as you've come so far already.

I've not had an issue with Tramadol but I have recently come off of a fairly long term script for Venlafaxine which has similarities ( also had a nasty bike crash 12 months ago )

The brain zaps were quite severe and went on for about 8 weeks, sometimes accompanied by audible distortions, I dread to think what a non drug user would have made of some of the weirder moments. I thought these symptoms might never end but they did and I only get the occasional zap now some 4 moths later.

My energy levels have been effected as well, on the drug I had brutal insomia and don;t think I slept more than 4 hours straight for 2 years but rarely felt tired. Now I sleep a good 6-7 most night but feel tired much of the time which has led to a bit of amphetamine use but not often. I'm on and off morphine for pain and that doesn't exactly pep me up but it is getting better slowly.

It sounds like you are getting better and a testament to hangin in there as things sort themselves out, all the best

first of all let me say hi to my friends in BL ( sounds like bible in my mind) especially sir neversickanymore.

and say sorry to timber for what i said about prozac i know ur just want to help me but plz dont get me wrong i dont mean it Inimically or cruelly ( thanks to google translate).

atm23 i think we R twins with different parents =D
1.always love Venlafaxine but never tried it ( good name for drug )

2.motorbikes ...

3.do u have any interests in OLD MERCs ( mercedes benz ) ?

8 weeks of sever brain zaps and after 4 months still get it ,OH my god its too hard YOU ARE THE MEN . and thank god for not trying it (venla..).

drugs in my country are cheap as chips and always in generic mode and
using amphetamine = to punching god in face :D.

sir neversickanymore hi

why this fear of loosing my parents or family members dont let me be in chill mode , fear of future , fear of failure in my soberity ?

sometimes past memories (bad kinds ) hit my brain suddenly ... this is normal ?

how can i dig me out of this

for my progress today am increased exercise time and walking around the block for 1 hour..NICE FOR INSOMNIA

this feeling that i discribed above happened for no abvious reasone but its sooooo bad..remembre some wierd memories that make me low as :(

why i cant post u private message ? .....np iam feel free in BL

sorry I didn't respond sooner.. had a bit of a busy weekend. Fear is absolutely normal. As the limbic system controls emotion and fear is an emotion. As we talked about the limbic system will use anything in its power to try and drive you to use. As you know some of the very best motivators are the emotions of fear and pain.. You have probably thought to yourself these fears are bizarre and have little justification. Also emotion triggers thought. So if the limbic system send out an unjustified fear emotion, then your conscious brain experiences this emotion and will instantly focus on the possible cause of this emotion. because the emotion does not have a justifiable cause it will search memories associated with fear. You probably experienced the emotion of fear in your past with thoughts or an experience that created fear out of something to do with loosing your parents or possibly your parents dying. This could have come from something significant or something as normal as an emotion of fear that was experienced at a time in your life when you first realized that someday you will have to experience and deal with your parents dying. The brain catalogs and stores experiences associated with emotion and then recalls, reviews, and draws of useful information from those experiences that are related to through similar emotions. Also another emotion the limbic system will use against you will be sadness (also associated with thoughts of loosing your parents), loneliness (deep association with the death or loss of parents). I believe that the relapse process can involve a downward spiral of emotion causing related thought causing emotion causing negative thought until mood (depression) and hopelessness combined with all other motivational experiences in the limbic systems power become to great for the conscious brain to deal with and an addict says the proverbial FK this I cant deal any more or says this just isn't worth it and uses. It is important to remember that the LS is using the emotions to try and motivate you to use. So it will fire off an emotion and you will automatically search you memory for experiences that have caused this emotion in the past. This search buy your conscious mind through memories and the memories that are identified and triggered and "remembered or experienced" are those negative thoughts or any emotional thoughts (fearful thoughts) that you are experiencing). If you identify what thoughts you are having and what emotions are causing them and what emotions they cause, then you can look at these thoughts write them down. Once you have identified the thoughts you should take an honest look at them. You should be able with an honest appraisal of the thought find them to be unfounded. The limbic system will use different emotions and combination of emotions to try and break you and cause you to choose to use. Since it is part of you it knows what will be its most likely or best avenue to manipulate in hopes of you using, or in other words what emotion or combination of emotion will "HIT THE HARDEST" or hurt the most, as this one of the times you will most likely use. These emotions power will change as circumstances in your life change or as you develop power over a certain emotion and its resulting thoughts.. One of the reasons the twelve steps focus on the emotions of anger and shame and the legitimate roots these emotions have in your psyche or life.. step #4 4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Looked into our selves and made a list of everything we did bad and everything that was ever did bad to us. These are legitimate resentments or things that happened in our lives that we have memories of that are tagged to the emotions of anger, guilt, sadness, etc.. so as the limbic system fires off these emotions or brain will search for incidents in our lives stored in our memory where we have experienced these emotions, we will then consciously remember these events and they will in turn cause a large dose of the related emotions if we have not dealt with them. Once the dark emotion, dark memory, deeper dark emotions to related deeper dark memories get to painful, shameful, angry, hateful, hopeless, etc, etc, but in reality when combinations of combinations of emotions triggering thought that trigger emotions becomes to painful (OR TO GOOD BECAUSE THE LIMBIC SYSTEM ALSO CONTROLS THE GOOD EMOTIONS OF WITCH Psychologists DON"T ACKNOWLEDGE ENOUGH.. IN FACT YOU MOST LIKELY HAD A POSITIVE EMOTION RELAPSE... possible emotions but i haven't given this much thought yet. besides happiness, peace, power, satisfaction, arrogance, indifference, pride, invincibility, confidence) hang in there you ARE DOING GREAT.. IT GETS BETTER.<3<3

LLEWURPOHCN hj,k,JYEHBMUDhjgMIKn bvhcgcxxbNIHTYLLAERYUGUhjbvmhcgWOWmnmnmnjhk,jgtukyfg<-----

Last edited:
I personally find that distracting myself helps greatly for cravings. Its not a fix, just something to get you through the day. Remember, this won't last forever. All us recovering addicts go through this experience. Post acute withdrawal symptoms is what they are called. It's going to take some time for your body to balance itself out. Is there anything your grateful for? Remember, it could be worse (ex: being locked up and withdrawing or death. A friend of mine killed got killed someone as a result of their use. The guilt, shame? And depression from it are tormenting him. Just try to remember what your grateful for. Distract yourself with w/e works for you, even if you've gotta push yourself to do it. Another thing, which I struggle with myself, is faith. Have faith and believe in yourself. You can do this. And if you slip, forgive yourself. Were not perfect. And relapse is apart of recovery. And please don't isolate. That's what you got us for. ^_^

Just some suggestions that work for me, even though I'm a chronic relapser. But I'll get it one day. So will you.

~Fayt

And express your feelings. Don't stuff them. Our feelings are what take us back out. Were here for you. I had 8 years of Xanax and opiate use. It's hard but not impossible.

iam sorry am failed 3 or 4 days ago in good mood and without any problem exept cravings for test 1 time just 1 time to see how its feel like /

at least iam beat that monster in my mind that always said its gonna be fun after many days of being sober .

to be honest there was nothing for enjoy .sever itchiness,nausea, ALL i can remember .i know iam failed but i think i shoud do that earlier becuase its killed my all ( ALL ) cravings.
and put me back in road of soberity with better shape.

iam really ashamed sir neversickanymore and all my firends in BL , swear to god that i killed CRAVING MONSTER .i know its odd but i think its helped me i dont know how to explain it becuase all i say sounds like excuses ...

^^ NO PO.. don't beat yourself up<3:).. Remember exactly how you felt!! write it down and keep a copy with you. Addiction takes a snapshot of how a drug made you feel, once.. for a moment, it will never be that way again.. when your drug whispers in your ear next time, Promising that she will make you feel like a king of the universe once again, take out the description of how she really makes you feel, read it and look her in the eye's and call her what she is.. A LYING MANIPULATIVE DEMON!!! HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING PO, ONCE YOU KNOW ITS OVER YOU HAVE A PIECE OF TRUTH THAT THE ADDICTION IN YOUR HEAD CANT DENY. Don't beat yourself up, your doing great!!! WRITE HOW IT REALLY MADE YOU FEEL DOWN AND CARRY IT WITH YOU.. MUCH LOVE PO <3