• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My suboxone dilema

DrinksWithEvil

Bluelighter
Okay this is my 2nd time on subs. Im wondering am i really clean? or am i just still getting high kinda? While on subs, i dont get through PAWS. Once i get off subs i still have PAWS to go through, and WDs. Am i dulling me emotions still? I guess i wanna know if suboxone is really good for me, and whats the point..if ims till going to have to go through WDs maybe even worse then heroin,and go through PAWS again WTF

Well Suboxone is a lot better than a full agonist addiction. For one, you aren't going to have to use increasingly high dosages of Suboxone to get to a place where you feel "normal".

Secondly, buprenorphine doesn't repress testosterone production like heroin/methadone does, so in this sense, you're going to feel better after you've stabilized long enough on Suboxone as your hormones should come back in full or should already be back in full.

Last but not least, Suboxone is a legal alternative to using opiates, and it allows you to get your life together (get a job, go to school, spending more time with friends/family, significant other etc).

Of course if you feel that you want to quit Suboxone, you of course can. :) I just urge you to do a slow taper, and only when you really are ready to be off of it and opiates all together. Best of luck DWE. :)