• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Medical/Pharmaceutical grade Sceletium Tortuosum " Kanna" 15 times strength extract

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
Medical/Pharmaceutical grade Sceletium Tortuosum " Kanna" 15 times strength extract

Once again I started to drink more and party hard on Amphetamines. Studying at University, dealing with things one thing leads to another and my anxiety levels spike. I hate anxiety, the tension, the way it creeps over your soul body mind. This is where my Sceletium Tortuosum Kanna comes in. I have high quality, Medical/Pharmaceutical grade 15 times strength extract of Kanna.

I have never ever come across a herbal compound with such strong anxiolytic effects. It also generally leads to feelings of well being, a positive mood shift, decreased tension, Decreased perception of fatigue, alleviates mental fatigue , helps with Amphetamine withdrawal and crashes/come downs, it also works as
mental stimulant and a physical stimulant it leads to a feeling of strong clear mindedness I have a racing mind and thoughts are all over the place anxious thoughts.
I find Kanna completely eliminates this and it clears my mind out , it also works as a cognitive enhancer and a wakefulness agent due to the fact it effects PDE4 thus persay you could be up the whole night partying and then you take Kanna in the morning if you have to go to school and work and it keeps you awake, I also noticed cognitive boosts and I noticed that when I study and go over things my mind is able to intake more and it processes things more clearly, Concentration span is increased as well Kanna could do wonders for ADHD or ADD a lot better and smoother mental stimulant than persay adderall or Ritalin without any of the nasty side effects . I have phases in my life some phases my anxiety levels are generally lower and I am able to handle my anxiety thus feel happier other phases the anxiety tends to take over and dominate it sucks being an anxious individual. :D

Kanna is a miraculous herb for anxiety, low mood, blues it works instantly a lot better than St.johns wort it blows st. Johns wort through the roof, I reckon its effects are comparable to Benzodiazepines and pharmaceutical Grade Antidepressants in fact Kanna has strong SRI action than Tricycle Imipramine antidepressant . I cannot stress if you are anxious try this. Especially the Medical Grade Sceletium Tortuosum extract.

Now for the Trip report with time laps :

I took .2 grams this morning sublingually with chewing gum Held it in my mouth for a good 15 minutes whilst chewing my gum, after I ate my meal ( mcdonalds breakfast) I was out partying the whole night , Hungover felt shitty took some Amphetamine as well during the night.

0:00 I take my pharmaceutical grade Kanna extract with a spoon place it under my tongue and put a piece of chewing gum in my mouth. I let my mouth soak in Saliva whilst I chew on my Gum. The strongest effects of Kanna are received when one has proper Kanna and when one uses it as snuff nasally or if they chew it with gum in their mouth and then swallow the saliva some 20 minutes later. Sublingual/oral Route

0.15 a body high takes over, very pleasant sensation. Muscle relaxation. Mind slows Down rapidly. A feeling of Calm. Peace. Tactile Sensations are increased. Kanna is a good aphrodisiac. Very pleasant body sensation, relaxed as well as Mental relaxation at this phase.

0.25 minutes : It is evident that this Kanna has serotonergic activity ( Danger Serotonin Syndrome can result from Kanna no joke) , my heart rate increases and my heart races a bit, (sometimes the come up on Kanna is anxiogenic it reminds me of a come up on Amphetamine btw if you take high dosages of good Kanna it can lead to body tension weird sensation Mentally your calm but your body is jittery and you get heart palpitations) . My mind is calm and it clears out. I walk outside a slight psychedelic effect is noted I notice that the sun is a lot brighter than usual.

.35 minutes: Mind is very clear and calm , Physical stimulation is noted, Analgesic effects are noted as well, Kanna seems to decrease Physical and Emotional perception of pain shows you how the Physical and Mental sides are interconnected . Kanna can perhaps increase endurance as well and it does lead to decreased pain perception. I also notice a distinct numbing of my teeth this numbing sensation of teeth continues for the rest of the day.

.40 minutes: Another Psychedelic effect
Trees, Nature everything outside appears more beautiful. More colourful I take note of my surroundings a bit more. Clear minded feeling continues. Calm.

.45 minutes: I am in Class at this point due to the fact that Kanna has stimulative and sedative effects a strong sedation occurs I have a hard time keeping my eyes open in class i snooze a lil for about a minute or two, the class was Pathophysiology I know that the teacher noticed it.

1.30 hour: Class finished now I am off to my other class. I snoozed for 5 minutes in Pathophysiology. Do recall I partied the whole night and had no sleep took Amphetamines Kanna doesnt get rid of the Amphetamine Calm down or crash but it masks its effects quite well it feels as though i didnt even take them last night and i took .4 grams at 10 % purity . I walk outside, I feel calm, my mind is very clear. I feel quite talkative at this point energized too .

1.45 hour: Energized, things are more colourful outside the world also continues to take a more beautiful view things are seen even better now . I tend to notice the more positive qualities of life and of my surroundings. Kanna is not Hallucinogenic but I do admit it is slightly trippy and psychedelic similiar to shrooms but with a no mind fuck and absolutely no paranoia or anxiety it is trippy because your mind is kind of disconnected weird to describe like your anxious thoughts and stuff stops and your mind feels floaty, like its a head buzz I call it the Kanna buzz your mind isn't too focused on things its a nice head high . Numbing sensation of teeth continues infact this sensation continues well into the evening and into the next day.

2.45 hour: Stimulative effects noted talkative, happy giggly. No irritability. I smile a lot more and I laugh more and I tend to display more positive emotions whilst on Kanna. I am in my lab at this point doing a lot of things, preparing solutions etc and i notice no particular fatigue, no Calm down of Amphetamine just dehydration( Hangover) . Stimulative effects and Sedative effects Phase in and out I feel sedated but not overwhelmingly im still able to continue my lab work. I notice that Kanna increases my concentration span and my ability to pay attention when in class/labs.

4 hours: Lab is finished at this point. Me and a friend take a walk and we talk about a lot of things many different topics. Kanna is an amazing anxiolitic/Antidepressant its effect is instantaneous( 15 minutes after ingestion) and I notice that the anxiolytic effects are still present at the 4 hour point, I feel calm and clear minded no tension mentally or physically body quite relaxed . We walk to a park and sit down and just chat about friends, school and different types of things. The psychedelic effects of Kanna are mild as are the Empathetic effects Especially at this dosage .2 grams sublingually. These effects are dissipated at this point.

4.30 hours: I am still with my friend and we continue to walk I walk him to his place. I note that walking and any exercise increases the anxiolytic effects of Kanna. It is an amazing day 21 Celcius outside 8 of March what a day. I drop my friend off and walk back to my place. Again feeling very relaxed physically and mentally.

5 hour mark: I am in my place I lay down and I sleep for about 50 minutes.

6 hour mark: I wake up am still tired cannot sleep more due to Amphetamine Consumption of last night. Have been suffering from Insomnia lately too. Kanna cant help with everything, sometimes it can aggravate insomnia due to the stimulative effects.

6+ Hour mark: still feeling calm, anxiolytic effect still noted, numbness of teeth still here. No stimulation or Sedation. Anxiolytic effects are very long lasting if you dose good Kanna like Medical grade just once in a day you can get anxiolytic effects the whole day. I think for short term Anxiety treatment this is an excellent option, in fact I think it is superior in some ways to benzodiazepines/Antidepressants and less dangerous.

All in all this is one trip report of my day today.
At a Dosage of .2 grams.

Second Trip report or Effect Summary not at .2 grams ( which I consider a medical dosage)

Second trip report is on dosages that I consider intoxicating, yes you can get high on Kanna. By the way the wikipedia article on Kanna is quite accurate in describing its effects. A very interesting compound, A few more things to note it decreases appetite vastly in fact with the .2 gram I dosed in the morning I can hold out till the evening and not eat anything and my appetite is suppressed by what mechanism it beats me but i noticed this, Kanna could be good for those looking to lose weight and again not take a medicine that has bad side effects. thirst it doesn't decrease .

It has strong synergies with Alcohol and Cannabis. It increases the Euphoric effects of Alcohol for example you will drink 3 beers but you will have the feeling as though you drank 7 beers it is quite pleasurable .

With Cannabis be careful it will increase your high by 100 times you will be at a new level. Euphoria, laughter and giggles are nearly endless. Everything is funny. The body buzz is insane your whole body tingles, your whole body. Its like an electrical sensation. Psychedelic effect is noted, Effects of Kanna are amplified as are the effects of Cannabis. Very potent Combination.
Kanna and Cannabis where sort of Made for each other. IF you haven't tried this combo your missing out. In fact I let one of my female friends try this Combo and she said that the Euphoric feeling she got on this Combination tops MDMA, Cocaine.

Anyways Kanna on high dosages/ intoxicating doses are neat
It is basically Euphoric, you will attain Euphoria. Strong feelings of Empathy, your more eager to apologize and apologizing is easier talking is easier you feel the other peoples emotions/ read emotions better pick up on emotions better . I love the fact that it is a strong anxiolytic and Antidepressant ( Herbal) but of course it has added effects in Intoxicating dosages. It is a bit trippy. Things glow when you are intoxicated on Kanna, The world appears beautiful you see things that you usually don't at intoxicating dosages it is Psychedelic the outside world appears magnificent, beautiful . Music sounds very good / enhanced in an MDMA sort of way. The body high is very nice, it decreases Pain Analgesic and you notice increased tactile sensation, Aphrodisiac effects. Intense Muscle relaxation. The Euphoria on Kanna you feel good is the sort where you are smiling a lot where you are enjoying interactions with people a lot more.When your intoxicated on Kanna people notice that you took something , they just cant put a hand on what you took a lot of people asked me if I smoked weed actually. The mood lift is significant. You feel happy.

Blood shot eyes/ Droopy eyes are noted as well.
Most people who had good experiences with Kanna report that it is sort of a Natures version of MDMA.

One more I have two forms of Kanna regular Powder and 15 times strength Medical Extract of Sceletium Tortuosum there are some differences:

Regular powder requires a bit of priming you will have do dose for 3-4 days before full effects are achieved( then dose daily for a while) . Effects are milder, the mood lift and stimulation are there but not so intense. Euphoria and extreme feelings of well being are hit and miss sometimes you achieve such effects other times you don't. I felt quite good on Regular powder though . I felt an effect of strong Carelessness once on Regular kanna powder and this I have not felt on Extract it was very pleasurable comparable to taking Valium or Clonazepam. What i like about the regular powder is that the concentration of the Alkaloids is a bit lower and its effects are milder and its better for first time users to start on Regular powder to get accumulated to the effects of Kanna. And you wont get side effects such as a racing heart or palpitations as the serotonin effects are milder.

Extract-
the mood lift and Euphoric effects are stronger and they can hit you faster. Priming isn't necessary. The first time you take it you notice a good feeling most first time people describe it as feeling happier. The comeup can be quite anxiogenic especially if your dosages where high, racing heart, tense body. The comeup on Kanna extract is jittery not so much mentally but a strong body component why I do not really know...
I never enjoyed this effect. It reminds me of a bad Amphetamine comeup or a strong Amphetamine come up. Then once effects hit you they smooth out.

I dont know what to say I posted a lot of these trip reports or effect reports. To me Kanna is probably one of my favourite herbs. I enjoy it more than Kratom a lot more.
It makes me feel better the feeling is nicer.

Man you write a lot of Kanna posts, pretty much every one of your posts are hyped up Kanna posts, and if not for that fact that you cant share vendor related stuff or sell here i would say your where advertising. So i dont get the point?

Sorry if im wrong but thanks for the info anyways. Take it easy.

Man you write a lot of Kanna posts, pretty much every one of your posts are hyped up Kanna posts, and if not for that fact that you cant share vendor related stuff or sell here i would say your where advertising. So i dont get the point?

Sorry if im wrong but thanks for the info anyways. Take it easy.

i cant sell. However that Kanna is pretty good stuff I love it, it gives me a better high than kratom.

I am advertising. I think the substance kanna has potential more so therapeutically than Recreationally and I think people should give it a shot. IT is quite potent Anxiolytic for a herbal compound.

^^ Yeah agree the stuff is great, im somewhat involved in the business as well being located in the indigenous source, but unfortunately cant use myself due to existing SRRI use.

Dunno if its better then Kratom though, its hard to beat opiate like effects with any substance nevermind a lesser known legal one but for sure we all have different tastes and I love my Kratom

^^ Yeah agree the stuff is great, im somewhat involved in the business as well being located in the indigenous source, but unfortunately cant use myself due to existing SRRI use.

Dunno if its better then Kratom though, its hard to beat opiate like effects with any substance nevermind a lesser known legal one but for sure we all have different tastes and I love my Kratom

Main reason I put up a lot of things about Kanna was cause I just figured out about Kanna 'Sceletium Tortuosum" This year or the past 5-6 months . I suffer Anxiety on and off its not always there but there are times where my anxiety is worse and hard to manage . Sometimes its hard to get a prescription as well as in my current country of living to get a Benzodiazepine or Antidepressant its a sort of last resort you cant even get em from Regular doctors only psychiatrist prescribe them, and when you talk to shrinks they are very hesitant to write of a benzo prescription they will tell you bla bla you have to try other routes of managing anxiety before i write a script for a benzodiazepine . Anyhow I have also looked for alternatives in treatment of Anxiety and I found Sceletium Tortuosum. Its Anxiolytic effects are quite strong and they took me off guard, I am a bit surprised that a herbal/plant material/compound could have such a strong anxiolytic effect. Lately this has led me to dose frequently usually 1-2 twice daily. Not only does it have a good anxiolytic effect but it also makes me feel more at ease,calm and happier and socializing with people is easier as well you get a little chatty. I dont have social anxiety but bummer this Substance could serve excellent for social Anxiety.
Nice Clear minded feeling too.

Its nice to hear though that more People know about Herbals such as this one and may I ask what kind of effects did you experience on Sceletium Tortuosum? How strong was your powder was it regular or was it an extract? I find the extracts( mine was 15times) to have strong anxiolysis along with a nice mood lift, stimulation type effect. Regular powder has effects as well but they are more milder the extract has a moderate effect.

I would reckon Sceletium is one of those things that even people who aren't anxious or depressed could take the compound occasionally or 2 a week it would boost their lives . I think it could be useful as it could keep your brain chemistry more balanced and also it could prevent you from getting as anxious etc. Anxiety is complex though and there are so many factors that effect it. Sceletium isn't a cure, but its anxiolytic effects are very nice.

Tonight I am trying Mulungu never tried that before and I will try Valerian root these two are reputed sleep aids herbal as well gonna see how Mulungu works .

Where do you live? South Africa??? I would love to plant a Sceletium Tortuosum plant, They look pretty cool too. Yea that kanna it improved the quality of my life and it decreased the tension signficantly. Wikipedia doesnt lie about Kanna effect. And wow if I would have known earlier about it, I would have been using it way back then.

:) Yea we all do have different tastes. I really like Kanna it has effects that are noticeable to the user and most people cant even tell your on something. Its a good anxiolytic cause it has no negative cognitive effects like Xanax , Valium
Though when I compare it to Xanax its effects are around 20 percent weaker same thing as Klonopin. But Xanax is short acting whilst Kanna has an anxiolytic effect that stick around way longer so that would make Kanna somewhat better than Xanax. But it couldnt top K-pins.
Only thing is Benzos are addictive and they are also a bit overwhelming side effects memory etc if your on high dosages but they are great for like 1-2 month usage nd if used properly.

How do you consider Kratom as an anxiolytic or a compound that reduces anxiety? I havent taken it in a while. I noticed that Kratom did decrease my anxiety initially whilst taking it even eased Insomnia but the next day I had a rebound effect where I felt slightly key word slightly bit more depressed and irritable like a slight crash.
I have to give Kratom another shot it was never to addictive for me. Infact I consider Marijuana more addictive.

I love discussion on Psychoactives though. I mean when you consider addiction and such things. Marijuana is more addictive to me than Kratom because its more fun like a social drug you smoke it with friends you get the giggles, laugh at stupid things have a good time connect and its fun especially getting high with friends and I could have a few sessions a week if we have nothing to do and if we are in the mood to only chill, I like Marijuana effect of increased laughter giggling, humour sometimes a bit excessive but that is why its fun to do socially . Whilst Kratom not many people take it its deff more known than Kanna though and I think only more avid individuals who like different effects and are not just looking for a social time would take it. Kanna is more so therapeutic it is only recreational if you mix it with Alcohol or weed to me at least.

Anyhow when it comes down to Addiction it is peoples tastes that matter. Because Kanna with the positive effects I noted. I know I have an addiction to it, but I do not consider Kanna harmful it is so much better to use as an aid even as stimulant compared to other Compounds such as Amphetamine. Amphetamine are so rough yea you feel good on them but then you crash and you feel shitty for 2-3 days and Amphetamines are horrible for your mental health. I like Amphetamines. I have my own reasons why but I tend to keep usage to min and I decreased usage since I switched to Kanna extract.

I am just getting to a point that not all addictions are bad. I do not consider it bad even if one smokes pot to medicate. I would only say its bad if it interferes with your work, school and other things. Its a known fact that Pot has negative effects on learning and memory but overall I consider that Marijuana is a good substance made to be indulged by Man and not abused and one should have the proper strain when using it as some strains are more so anxiolytic than others.
Indica> Sativa

I dont like the fact that some people look down on potheads or on smoking. If its ones way of coping then do it. Yea its bad to be excessive...

Anyhow get back to me....

I appreciate your posts, aguythatlikessmoke :) Getting into kanna myself, and your input is very helpful.