• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

IV concerns - post quitting.

Gryllz

Greenlighter
Hey there all,

First things first, this is my first post but have admired the excellent information this site has to offer for just under a year.

My concern is regarding IV use of drugs, particularly methamphetamine. I was a rather solid user* for 11, starting off smoking then moving up to IV. Just this past year in early November I decided it was time to give it up. So I gave it up and has been pretty smooth sailing minus some rather persistent cravings. I was wondering if it is normal for past IV users of substance to have 'flashbacks' so to speak. In my line of work I need to have blood tests fairly regularly to monitor lead levels in my body. Today I had a blood test and ever since (approx 18 hours ago) I have been having the oddest physical effects like meth again. I've been having hot and cold flushes, profuse sweating, heavily increased heart rate and I have been unable to get more than 20 minutes sleep at a time (I could not sleep at all when using).

So the entire point of my post is; is this normal? Are there others out there who have experienced similar things? If so is there any basis as to when the feelings will subside and/or when I will be able to function normally after having a needle poked in me?

Thank you all in advance for any help or suggestions you may make.

*** Heavy use as by my definition is around the 150-200mg within a 24 hour spam, at least 4 times a week. ***

I'm not sure what line of work would require regular blood tests for lead levels, but that certainly sounds a bit scary considering the symptoms of lead poisoning.

I'm not having many flashbacks or cravings from my past usage of IV methamphetamine but cravings are a very common experience for this type of drug experience. The best you can do is realize that cravings are really short lived, and that you can get past it using the same will power you used to get off the drug in the first place. :)

Best of luck!

When you were IVing would you have said you had anything of a needle fixation? Just I did and I understand full well that the association between needle and reward produces a conditioned physical response just to the needle itself. My endorphin rush began before I'd even broken the skin. Would you have said the same at all? Could be some trace of that conditioned response in you left over maybe and that's what triggered cravings that might have been a lot more intense all of a sudden and that ramped up the stress and the adrenaline levels maybe?