• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazapam

ckyrule7

Greenlighter
Hey there. I have been on Zoloft now for about 6 months to help me with agoraphobia and panic and it has helped a great deal. I now can function well and get out and about. I still get the odd severe panic attack though to which my doctor put me on Lorazapam 1mg to take as needed. Since having them i have only taken maybe three a month. The other day i took 2 mgs in one day and two days after I'm not feeling great. Could i be withdrawing? Thanks for reading :) x

Is this a serious answer? Sorry if my question seemed a bit dumb but i worry

your fine, ur not wd. 2mg of lorazapam if you only take it once a week you wont experience any wd symptoms. if you have no tolerance n take 2mg you jus may feel foggy next day or so.

No, it wasn't a serious answer, they are being an asshole!

You are fine, I know of some people who will have minor withdrawal after 2 weeks of daily use (light twitches, difficulty sleeping) and I am one of these people. My own father has a lorazepam prescription, he is able to take it for 2 years at a time, daily 1mg at night and drop them without ANY withdrawal symptoms... I don't understand it, it make little sense to me, but he has no withdrawal problems when it comes to lorazepam. Lorazepam is kind of a funny benzo when it comes down to it. Valium, clonazepam and xanax always seem to do precisely the same thing every time. They last the same amount of time, everytime! With lorazepam, if I didn't eat well and then took 2mg. I would feel sort of off, sort of wonky the next day. I don't think you are experiencing any type of withdrawal, but I think it is good that you are aware of that. Some people think benzos are perfectly safe and not physically addictive, I can't think of anything more addictive and with a worse withdrawal profile.

Yeah I've read a lot of horror story's from lorazapam withdrawal. I take it very rarely. I had 20 about 3 months ago and i still have like 8 left. I never take them one day after another. The closest I've taken them is one one week and another the next week. I just got a bit worried is all cause it was the first time i had taken 2 in one day but thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

@OP I'm really sorry about that, you may be experiencing some rebound anxiety, but I don't think that you're experiencing benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.

If you take lorazepam (Ativan) only a few times a month you should be fine.

When one consistently takes benzodiazepines, like every day for a month (4-6 weeks) or more, that's when you run into problems with dependency and the need to taper (IMO).

A good rule of thumb is to take 5 half lifes of the drug and it's active metabolites and be clean for at least as long. This should avoid most of the withdrawals.

No.....ud know if you were and you arient taking them nearly enough

i am going through the motherfucking wrath of benzo withdrawal..... short term use, first time, lower dose, never abused in my life..... if the zoloft is working, my best advice is to stay far farrrrr away from any benzo unless you have months if not years to sacrifice for an intense, out of this world withdrawal. But to answer your question, it could most certainly be some rebound anxiety.

How many were you on and for how long? Sounds terrible man. Hope it ends soon for you

Hey there. I have been on Zoloft now for about 6 months to help me with agoraphobia and panic and it has helped a great deal. I now can function well and get out and about. I still get the odd severe panic attack though to which my doctor put me on Lorazapam 1mg to take as needed. Since having them i have only taken maybe three a month. The other day i took 2 mgs in one day and two days after I'm not feeling great. Could i be withdrawing? Thanks for reading :) x

You're not in withdrawal. Many people are very sensitive to rebound symptoms of benzodiazepines but they usually resolve in a couple of days. Just don't make a habit out of it, and keep taking them in the exact same fashion as you already are.

Nah you're definitely not withdrawing, maybe a bit of rebound anxiety but I highly doubt it's anything more. If you keep your use sporadic you should be fine :)