• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I in trouble and just don't know it yet?

ccox88

Greenlighter
I am no stranger to opiates unfortunately. I just picked up a small pill habit again after staying clean since getting off methadone almost 5 years ago. My question is about my liver. I have been taking 3 5/500 hydrocodone's at a time the past few days. What's worrying me is the 1500mg of apap per dose. I know the numbers and haven't gone above 4grams a day. But, it's going over the 1gram single dose number that is bothering me. So, my question is, how long before I start to cause serious liver problems? I have an anxiety disorder so all I can do lately is sit around and wonder if i'm going to die from liver failure lol.

And yes, I have read numerous articles on CWE. I actually tried it the other day without much success. If anyone can point me to a well written cwe tutorial that has proven successful for you personally, please do. I have read megathreads and so many various posts and guides about it that I just gave up when it didn't work. It seems like everyone has a differing opinion on cwe and all I want is a simple method that actually works.

Thanks,
Chris

one thing you can do, first off, to protect your liver, is buy a bottle of milk thistle extract. buy the highest dose you can get (nature's bounty is a really good brand) and take one or two with every meal. it is an amazing herb.

now for my CWE method.

when i take a large dose of hydrocodone, i always do a CWE this way:
1. I get two clear glasses and fill one up JUST enough to cover the amount of tabs i will be crushing up in step three
2. put this glass in the freezer and let chill until a thin layer of ice forms on top of the water. remove promptly.
3. crush the pills up in a bowl (i use the bottom of another drinking glass to do this)
4. remove chilled water from freezer and add about a teaspoon of WARM (not hot) water to the glass to melt the layer of ice on top
5. stir the crushed pills into the cold water and make sure there are no "chunks" present.
6. filter. i use a t-shirt. many people recommend coffee filters but i swear a tshirt works better. put it over the empty glass (just the front or back of the t-shirt. two layers of cloth is NOT needed) and make a 2-3 inch "bowl" out of the t-shirt over the top half of the empty glass.
7. slowly pour the contents of the tab/cold water mixture into the glass with the t-shirt filter over the mouth of the cup
8. stir the water that is sitting inside of the shirt around and spoon some of the pill junk resting at the bottom of the makeshift filter upward toward the lip of the drinking glass/filter
9. once the water has drained into the cup, twist the shirt closed around the remaining filler and wring the mess out as well as possible into the cup you filtered the water into. (you should end up with a bunch of gross looking paste in the t-shirt. it is almost like a putty.
10. pour a glass of cold water from the sink over this mess, stir again and repeat step 9 once more.
11. dump the nasty gunk (mostly filler and APAP) into the garbage can
12. enjoy your disgusting CWE as quickly as possible and wait for the effects.

I am no stranger to opiates unfortunately. I just picked up a small pill habit again after staying clean since getting off methadone almost 5 years ago. My question is about my liver. I have been taking 3 5/500 hydrocodone's at a time the past few days. What's worrying me is the 1500mg of apap per dose. I know the numbers and haven't gone above 4grams a day. But, it's going over the 1gram single dose number that is bothering me. So, my question is, how long before I start to cause serious liver problems? I have an anxiety disorder so all I can do lately is sit around and wonder if i'm going to die from liver failure lol.

And yes, I have read numerous articles on CWE. I actually tried it the other day without much success. If anyone can point me to a well written cwe tutorial that has proven successful for you personally, please do. I have read megathreads and so many various posts and guides about it that I just gave up when it didn't work. It seems like everyone has a differing opinion on cwe and all I want is a simple method that actually works.

Thanks,
Chris

A recommended dosage of Tylenol (paracetemol) is 1g for adults, usually two 500mg tablets. In short, you're fine. Cold water extractions are generally used so people don't ingest 2-3g+ APAP.

My friends dad would down 20 10-500 tablets and claim he "had built a tolerance to the Tylenol." No amount of reasoning would change his mind. Of course the guy did crash his car into an overpass from a tramadol induced seizure. Supposedly his liver is still good. Needless to say, if his liver is not severely damaged it is merely by chance, people have died from less.

CWE is extremely easy. You're probably overthinking the process. Also, that dose of APAP isn't really that bad, but with regularly everyday usage it might eventually do some damage. I doubt you're going to have liver failure anytime soon though, you just need to get your CWE right if you really don't want to ingest the APAP. Better safe than sorry !

It's very simple. Do as follows (this is a very basic CWE), and remember to calculate what the solutions strength will be based on how many mLs of water were used and the amount of hydrocodone. For best results, use as little water as you can.
  1. Take something like a glass cup or jar, put a set number of pills in and crush them into a fine powder
  2. After you crush them up, add enough water and stir, add enough water so that the solution after stirring for a little isn't thick and gel like or else it will take forever to filter. After you're done, put this cup in the freezer for 10 minutes or so to let it become cold. The purpose of chilling the solution is that APAPs solubility in the colder water is less than at room temperature, so less gets into your final solution.
  3. Get another cup, one that can hold all of the solution you have in the other, take a coffee filter (or two if need be, if you think one might tear), and use a rubber band to secure it over the top of the cup. Make sure it is concave so it can hold all or part of the solution without spilling over the edge of the cup.
  4. All that's left to do is wait for the solution to filter through the coffee filter. You should be left with a solution that is a lot more clear than the previous. If it's still slightly murky that's ok. You can redo the whole process again if you prefer to further remove any APAP that got into the new solution. Either way, you should be left with a white sludge on top of the coffee filter, that is the unwanted APAP which you can throw away.
  5. Consume solution however is best for you. I recommend plugging the solution. It offers a faster onset of effects and a high BA.

That's it. It worked for me with 7 5/500 Vicodin no problem.

You will probably never have liver failure at this dose unless you are a medical anomaly, but if you're that worried about it, you have to do a cwe or stay at 1000mg per dose.

I didn't read the other replies, but the overdose of APAP is 4,000 to 5,000 mg. Do a CWE.

Not trying to be devils advocate, but apap poisoning usually just doesn't happen out of the blue unless you down a whole bottle of Tylenol . If you think about it, some people are prescribed 2000-3000mgs of apap a day and never experience liver problems. While miss Sarah takes 500mg apap and develops severe hepatic inflammation . There is much more going on behind the scenes that deteremines whether or not you will run into problems, weight, age, genetics, ect....

With that in mind, looking into CWE will definitely be worth your while if you are planning on dosing apap daily, but if It's a one time thing and you are healthy and young, consuming 4000-5000mg apap isn't going to kill you. Shit I've consumed 7500mg apap in one day Nd lived to see another day. However, don't be foolish and reckless like me. Guess what? I ended up getting full blown hepatitis at age 18 not to far down the road. I mean fuck, that was seriously one of the worst 2months of my life. Lost 20lbs, couldn't get out of bed , ect....

A good piece of advice that I keep close is to look down the road and try to play out every consequence, good and bad, that will occur from a specific action. For example, will consuming 5000mg apap in one sitting cause apap poisoning? Probably not, but it will strain you liver and down the road when you are 40 or 50 (if you live to then) and have been an alcoholic forvthe past years, you will provably be more likely to run into liver failure just like me.

Don't be lazy and do a quick CWE. Simple, effective, and possibly life-saving...n

Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna try cwe again and see what happens. Probably just need to quit taking them seeing as I have been down this road so many times. I always hated hydro's in the past because of the tylenol and having such a high tolerance to opiates. But, they do the trick for now, even though I know it won't be long before I want something stronger.

1500 is nothing man.

Not trying to have some pissing contest here, but on bad days i'll take upwards of 5 5/500s in 2 bites.

I think you're probably right Treefa. But, my anxiety gets the better of me sometimes.