• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just injected. Please help.

MushMind

Greenlighter
I just injected 15-20mg oxycodone for my first time on my own. This is my second time iving the drug, the first being yesterday by someone else. I have no previous tolerance as this is the first time taking any opiate in quite some time other than yesterday. My major concern is that I may of shot into a muscle. Upon pulling the plunger back there was blood. When I pushed it down I felt a slight pain. I stopped for a second and then continued and the pain was no more. I did not get a rush and can't tell if I'm high or not. Could I of injected into a muscle? Thank you.

you more than likely just shot it into your dermis or possibly muscle. nothing to worry about. just a wasted shot.

also...be very, very careful fucking with that needle. you are opening a whole new can of worms. proceed with caution.

Thanks for the reply. Ill take a wasted shot over a trip to the hospital anyday. I think I'll lay off
the injecting as I am just experimenting.

Well you would more than likely know if you injected correctly into a vein almost instantly, at most 1-2 minutes.

15-20mg of Oxycodone IV sounds like an EXTREMELY high dose for someone with no opiate tolerance. 15-20mg taken orally would have someone without a tolerance pretty high. Not sure where you got your dosage from, but I'd say only start with 5mg if you must IV, though I really really REALLY recommend you don't IV. You are almost guaranteed to start using regularly and become physically dependent on opiates. Please reconsider your ROA.

I believe slight pain is normal when injecting... However if you don't feel high and it's been 5 minutes or so you more than likely missed the vein. It can possibly swell in the area where you shot. Did you use a micron filter ? IVing pills is not a very safe practice, the fillers are terrible for your veins. Hopefully no infection occurs. If it swells up, ice the area for a couple hours and hopefully swelling will go down and it will disappear. If it's still there after a couple days, seek medical attention. If an abscess were to form, abscesses can be fatal if not attended to when needed.

I have personally never IVed, so I'm speaking purely from information I've gathered. I'm sure someone with actual experience can chime in with more info.

My knowledge of the dose is actually not very good. I purchased it as 1ml of liquid containing supposedly 40 mg. Yesterday I shot 35 unit of the 100 and got a good rush. My friend who was also using for the first time did 50 units and was nodding and threw up. I gave 20 of my units to my experienced friend and did the remaining 45 tonight. The liquid is a clearish tan. I also have no swelling.

Some of my friends are regular user of the drug. They almost always get it in liquid form. I am quite sure it was oxy since my friends are pretty knowledgeable and have been buying it for quite some time. They also regularly other drugs like morphine, dilaudid, etc.

ahh. what country are you in, if you don't mind me asking? you don't have to answer if you don't want. just curious! =D

tan color?

arent all oxy IR pills in 15/30 mg (most common ones used for this purpose) blue or green?

you should have re-registered half way thru if you had any doubt of being in the vein.

tan color?

arent all oxy IR pills in 15/30 mg (most common ones used for this purpose) blue or green?

you should have re-registered half way thru if you had any doubt of being in the vein.

Every Roxicodone IR I've ever seen are bluish green to blue.