• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids ATTN: Those w/ Subutex, Methadone, Kratom Experience

scandy01

Greenlighter
Ok, I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I hope I'm posting in the right place, forgive me if I break a million rules. Ok so I used opiates for about 10 years, went to rehab, was put on suboxone for 1.5 yrs, then to subutex for 1.5 yrs., then switched to methadone for 2 months until I jumped off 70mg (like an idiot) about 3 months ago. I used a little subutex to deal w/ methadone w/d but for the most part I've been using UEI Kratom. I can't choke down regular Kratom & it barely works for me anyways. UEI on the other hand has been a God Send, I take it daily. (Side note: I did find UEI to be almost worthless until subutex was out of my system) So I'm having symptoms in the AM until I take the kratom, runny nose, watering eyes, yawning, tired...basically feel like shit. But it has been sloooowly getting better over time, the symptoms used to involve hot & cold flashes & sweats...lots of body temperature issues alongside earth shattering depression. So the w/d symptoms are ever so slowly becoming more tolerable. But this is my issue... I'm starting to wonder if I'm just keeping myself in perpetual withdrawals by taking the Kratom everyday. I am not sure what symptoms could be attributed to my history with maintenance drugs and what symptoms would be due to Kratom. It's also hard to say if the Kratom would even give me w/d if I'm only taking it once a day? I'm just so over being sick, it's been 3 months now..I'm wondering if I have dampened the symptoms down from methadone w/d's to kratom w/d's & maybe this is as good as it gets? Sorry for rambling, I guess my question is is it more likely that these symptoms will settle down on their own, and that my body will eventually get used to taking Kratom once per day? Or is it likely that I am prolonging the inevitable and sending myself into w/d every morning by taking Kratom every day. The sad thing is that before opiate maintenance I could take opiates most days, skipping here & there & I never had withdrawals..I'm way more physically addicted to opiates now then I ever even thought about being before I went to rehab.

I've heard of 3 to 6 months withdrawal symptom periods on subutex and/or suboxone.

My advice is keep taking the kratom for at least another 3 months, see how you feel, and then try switching from kratom extracts to regular kratom powder.

Then after a few months, you can try "kratom stem & vein powder" (google it) to get off the kratom. Stem & vein powder is the bottom of the plant and wont get you high, but it eliminates most kratom WD's and also restless legs for some people

Are you taking the same dose every morning? If so you're probably keeping yourself in the same place as far as withdrawals...I would start trying to taper down slowly and see how that goes for you. As far as I know if you continue taking the same dose of kratom every morning you're not going to be making any progress. But congrats on getting off everything else.

Thank you guys SO much for your quick replies! You have given me some great information. I heard the 3 to 6 month thing also, which is kind of why I was leaning towards them being subutex w/d's. Thanks for the stem & vein powder tip..I've heard of it but wasn't sure why people took it. To thesameoldfears, I am currently taking the same dose every afternoon (@ about 3pm)..about 3.5 g..I was taking 4 but reduced it a couple weeks ago. That's a good point though, I think I will reduce the dose & just keep it there for awhile to see if things settle down. And thanks so much re: getting off everything! It was hard, and I still do love opiates. My goal is just to not to have to take them everyday to function normally. It would be nice to do the every-once-in-awhile thing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its subutex WD's you're still feeling a bit.

Anways, good luck. You're doing well if you've progressed from methadone to kratom extracts. You'll feel even better when you move on to regular kratom powder

I have a long way to go then. I was on 30mg of methadone and I am at day 11 dosing 7 grams bali in the am and 3.5 grams throught the day. when should I taper my bali?

Thank you, I feel better now! The only thing that will suck then is trying to get down regular kratom...it's hard swallowing all that powder for nothing but that's a whole different thread.

I actually like the taste of kratom.

Then again, I also like the taste of aspirin and gasoline

lol. I chew most pills or just let them melt under my tongue. All that powder makes me gag and in withdrawal I gag real easy.

Ok i have been using lopermide for my w/d'swith some tagmint.anyway seeing a pysc.dr. on wednesday nervous what he is going to give me opies hard enough to come off of.any advice clean for 9my days well kinda.