• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering poppy seed tea without knowing mgs..

codienne

Bluelighter
I want to taper poppy seed tea..been taking it about 8 moths. I am scared..not so much of the withdrawl but of the feeling and state of mind i was in when i started...Im scared to go back to that place with an even worse mindset..But i want to do it...I need to move forward...ive quit a lot of things..got through withdrawls to the point now where i can be right beside someone doing them and barely even crave it when a while ago id be allll over it lol. I tried to just cut off...but it was wayy too much...mostly pyschologically. the physical is bad...but i can take it the emotional mental stuff i cannot. Even on it Ive been struggling a lot. Wondering about tapering I read a thread but it was all using mgs.all i know is i use about 9 cups a day..Ive read to use a day then skip one for a while till you skip two then more and more days. or just decrease a lil daily. Im not sure if this is the write thread for this but does anyone have any advice? thanks so much<3

Because PST has such a long half-life, I think you could probably get away with the on/off schedule.
I also think it's a good idea to gradually lower the amount of seeds you're washing.

Anyone talking about PST in terms of MG's is a fool, and the chances are their misinformation will attribute to the harm of others'
PST is inherently imprecise, and nobody knows how many opioids you got from the amount of seeds you washed, and that number will change with each new batch of seeds.

Good luck.

Try taking loperamide, I tapered off of methadone with it. Get a box of generic loperamide and take maybe 20mgs worth, if the dose is right then most of your withdrawal symptoms will be pacified and loperamide is active for around 36 hours I believe. Don't try to get high off of it, because the closest thing to a high that you can get off of it isn't worth the constipation. Use it to taper down with, take 20mgs the first day or 2 and lessen the dose by 4mgs every dayand when you jump off the remaining withdrawal should be drastically reduced. Do not keep using it though because you can become addicted to it and it is probably the SHITTIEST opioid around and the withdrawal will be prolonged and way disproportionate to the effects that it would give you. Plus the amount of constipation that it causes seems to be much worse than other opioids.

If you don't want to do that then maybe make a big pot of poppy seed tea, enough for quite a few doses and measure how much liquid you are using. Once it is all in one solution you should have a uniform amount of opioids in X amount of liquid and be able to reliably measure your increasingly smaller doses accurately and taper off that way.

I have never been able to successfully taper off pod tea. I had to switch to something with standardized amts/doses and taper that down. But if you try it, I echo the advice abt trying to make a big batch so it will have the same strength across multiple doses. With the half life though and the relative difficulty of longer term storage, it can be really hard to manage a taper. Good luck.

Never knew...

LOL I have never heard of PST. I was under the impression the seeds are impossible to find in the States.

Blessings

Last edited:
Thankyou. I tried loperamide before...it did help a bit with the psychical stuff for sure...its the psychological stuff that gets reallly bad. but i gotta face it one way or another...its just scary because i never really have...ive tried but it never seemed to end. Ive mostly been on one thing or another my whole life...and even when i was a little kid i remember severe depression anxiety issues....i still am taking clonazeapam but i have a feeling its starting to make things worse. Soon I want to be off everything but im so fucking scared....i want a real true pure genouine experience of life now though. Its terrifying but im going to try. ughh.. I keep thinking pst isnt thaat bad at all ill just keep going maybe i do need something...but then i remember all the reasons its already fucking shit up just like everything else did..Ill definitley soon start taking days off and also try making the big pot and lowering the dose from that. oh and with loperamide. I also have some multivitamins, 5htp and some kinda natural sleeping pills with melatonin valerian and scullcap. The 5-HTP seemed to make me a lot worse...but then again could have just been a bad day...? I dont know but Im a little scared to take it again. Just got high anxiety from it...Feeling of pressure all through my body and racing thoughts...lil more depressed then usual too. So i dont think ill touch it for a while. I also Started a notebook. Writing first all the reasons I want to stop....How to stop....What to do when things get bad..ect..I havnt started quitting yet really...but its helping me get to the mindset to do it.

Yeah, I would stay away from 5-htp. It turns into serotonin in the blood stream and causes anxiety and rapid heart beat in some people, myself included. L-tryptophan gets metabolised into 5-htp after crossing the blood brain barrier and then into serotonin (5-ht). And has pleasant sedative effects and would be alot more beneficial to you. Although an amino acid that is a precursor to dopamine would be much more helpful in your situation because that is where the problem stems from. Opiate use down regulates dopamine receptors, when you stop taking them then your body struggles with low dopamine levels and the withdrawal effects will stop when you have your dopamine levels return to normal.

The explanation is quite simplified but that's all you need to know to better understand your situation. Try taking l-tyrosine once the physical withdrawals are over because it is a precursor to dopamine and nor-epinephrine,the letter is quite stimulating but will help give you energy and improve your mood once acute withdrawals are over. Intake lots of protein supplements and get a good amount of cardio exercise to help you recover faster.

If loperamide doesn't cut it then you need to find an opiate/opioid with a much shorter half life and a controllable dosage to taper down with, if you taper correctly then it should be relatively painless. Get somebody to help you taper if you can't do it on your own and be mentally strong, set some goals and accomplish them. I would suggest that you don't even attempt to get off clonazepam until you are done with quitting PST/opiates.

Poppy seeds are definitely readily available. I've found many batches that are far stronger than the pods, so go figure.

Anyway, I have tapered this crap before and the process is fairly simple.

Stock up on as many seeds as possible at one time. This way you're not ordering every few weeks and risking large variations in strength.

Then simply get a scale, and start weighing how many seeds you use in your tea.
All you have to do is slowly lower the weight every few days.

Don't follow a schedule more than you follow your body. Schedules are worthless imo. All you need to know is what you took the day before, and what your next step/goal is. If you follow the process like this, in hundreds of little microcommitments, you will succeed.

BTW, once you get low, its a good idea to stay there for a couple of months.
It takes a bit longer to adjust to those lower doses.

When you get lower, you should also slow down your drops. You can basically taper this crap down to nothing, then just stop.

If you taper slow, and don't rush, it won't be bad to come off of.
If you rush it, and don't respect the true power of opiates, you'll complain that its impossible to stop. Which is not. All it takes is a full commitment on your part, listening to your body, and you'll be fine.

Loperamide and reducing the number of pods, or the gram-weight of ground pod material, incrementally are the two ways in which I was able to taper off of Pod Tea.

You're right, since the dosage is unknown then the taper schedule can not be as cut-and-dry as tapering off of bags of known-purity heroin or pharmaceutical opioids. But, by getting a cheap gram-scale (from any kitchen appliance store), you can measure out the quantity of ground pod material you are using per dose of pod tea and reduce it this way. As long as you are ordering the same type of pod from the same vendor, you have a relatively good chance of being able to get similar dosages from the same amount of pod material. But eyeballing pods over the long-term course of a taper schedule in order to get the same sized pods is going to be next to impossible without a scale.

This method of slowly reducing the quantity of pod-material intake, as well as the addition of loperamide to subside any withdrawal-related physical symptoms, ought to make tapering from material of highly variable alkaloid content a good possibility for you.

Hope that this suggestion helped!

~ Vaya

sorry if this is a bit late to add to the thread but I'm new to this and and when I read what your going through codienne I can relate. I've been drinking pst every day for 2 yrs & recently had 10 days off work & thought I would be able to stop in this period. I had some clonidine patches & I only made it through about 2 days, I think this stopped a lot of the physical withdrawls but the psychological part is what I couldn't handle.
Ended up at my GP confessing & she referred me to the opiate detox clinic. I had an assessment this week & am now waiting another month to see the dr. there to arrange how to detox. I'm so ashamed it came to this & would like to know if you have now managed to detox at home & if so how you did this? loperamide is only sold in packs of 8 here so that also wasn't an option for me when i tried to stop . thanks

Tapering or juggling different chemicals isn't going to help address underlying emotional disturbances. OP is not that worried about physical withdrawals. My advice is to seek out a therapist. If you can't afford that maybe hit up some NA meetings or at the very least start exercising, meditating, and praying on how you can be helpful to others. Many blessing to you codeinne, you are loved :)

I never had success tapering seed tea or pod tea. I jumped to kratom for a few weeks, but eventually went to a suboxone clinic.

I agree with Mehm. I myself went to therapy, NA and suboxone. Needed a lot of support to get me through, and still need it to this day. Good Luck!

Poppy seeds are definitely readily available. I've found many batches that are far stronger than the pods, so go figure.

Anyway, I have tapered this crap before and the process is fairly simple.

Stock up on as many seeds as possible at one time. This way you're not ordering every few weeks and risking large variations in strength.

Then simply get a scale, and start weighing how many seeds you use in your tea.
All you have to do is slowly lower the weight every few days.

Don't follow a schedule more than you follow your body. Schedules are worthless imo. All you need to know is what you took the day before, and what your next step/goal is. If you follow the process like this, in hundreds of little microcommitments, you will succeed.

BTW, once you get low, its a good idea to stay there for a couple of months.
It takes a bit longer to adjust to those lower doses.

When you get lower, you should also slow down your drops. You can basically taper this crap down to nothing, then just stop.

If you taper slow, and don't rush, it won't be bad to come off of.
If you rush it, and don't respect the true power of opiates, you'll complain that its impossible to stop. Which is not. All it takes is a full commitment on your part, listening to your body, and you'll be fine.

That's some fantastic advice. I could never do the taper thing as my will power wasn't enough to stick to a schedule.

Good luck, I've just hit 5 days myself and things are certainly getting better. I'm still on zoloft and probably will be for the next couple of years. I don't need depression screwing with me on top of the addiction. Much love everyone!

I never had success tapering seed tea or pod tea. I jumped to kratom for a few weeks, but eventually went to a suboxone clinic.

I agree with Mehm. I myself went to therapy, NA and suboxone. Needed a lot of support to get me through, and still need it to this day. Good Luck!

Same thing with the NA thing. I went to my first meeting tonight. That alone helped me mentally more than I could have imagined.

Because PST has such a long half-life, I think you could probably get away with the on/off schedule.
I also think it's a good idea to gradually lower the amount of seeds you're washing.

Anyone talking about PST in terms of MG's is a fool, and the chances are their misinformation will attribute to the harm of others'
PST is inherently imprecise, and nobody knows how many opioids you got from the amount of seeds you washed, and that number will change with each new batch of seeds.

Good luck.

It has been suggested to me that this is precisely what killed my son.:(

Please be careful, codienne.<3

Oh! I never knew that Herb, if you've ever mentioned it before? I'm sorry. Ouch! :(

((( <3 )))