So, can I legally flip off the cops??

God!

Bluelighter
Yeah, I know its not a good idea, but legally am I allowed to flip off the cops?? Is it a crime, can they take me in for it or anything??

You have a right to free speach and this includes flipping off the cops. However, courts have allowed time, place, and manner restrictions on speach. If your flipping off the cops amounts to a breach of the peace, disorderly conduct or something similar(check your local ordinances) you could be arrested.
Bottom line, I wouldn't recomend it.

Man! Your ass would most likely get arrested for breaching the peace or some other lame charge.
Let's say; technically such actions are protcted by the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of speach. Practically, yo ass gettin arrested.

lol, thats all i got to say. shit, cops can treat us like shit, we can flip them off!!!!!!! MORE POWER TO YA
*sparkle*

if your gonna flip a cop off make sure hes not in uniform or off duty. cuz then its just like flipping anyone else off. but yet that cop could fuck you over and try to press some sort of charges so just say screw it and just say to a on duty cop keep in mind these words need to be said I THINK then you can basicaly say whatever you want.
example- I think your a pig. <-they cant do shit!

Funnie lil' story I must add..
My friend and I were driving in downtown Denver bout a month back. She's in shotgun and im driving. I come to a stoplight and wouldnt yoo know it theresa police cruiser with 2 cops in it on my left. So we sat there minding our own business..well..I was she wasnt. She comes up with
this BRILLIANT idea to flip these cops off with both hands. Well, the cops saw n guess whut they did?
They flipped us off back. Not only that but tha cops also got on their PA system and said *how rude*. The whole time they were smiling/laughing bout whut just occured.
So yeah id say yoo can get away with it. IMO your more likely too inna bigger city thana small one. I kinda figured the reason these cops just shrugged my friends actions off was cuz it was in Denver. They probably had MUCH more important things to attend to than some girl acting foolish.
PLUS I kinda figure that big city cops get the finger probably everyday, so its nothing new to em'. *shrugs*

hey, although u might technically be able to give to flip off a cop. if any of u hav kazaa, download this video and i garuntee it will put u off doing this. (unless ur a complete nut, and if that is the case then my hat goes off to you)
go to "search for video files" and type in "giving the finger to a cop" and download. its sum harsh shit, fuken pigs.
***dont fly those stripes, those stars and stripes for me. they stand for greed, they stand for hate. which is nuthing i believe***

^^^ ive seen that!!! this guy walks up to a pig and gives the double finger and says fuck you, next thing you know he get knocked to the ground with a wack to the skull with that club thing and the cop keeps beating him till he scrambles back to his friends car... its fucking harsh i hope that cop got put in jail

Originally posted by Good Friends and a bottle of pills:
hey, although u might technically be able to give to flip off a cop. if any of u hav kazaa, download this video and i garuntee it will put u off doing this. (unless ur a complete nut, and if that is the case then my hat goes off to you)
go to "search for video files" and type in "giving the finger to a cop" and download. its sum harsh shit, fuken pigs.
***dont fly those stripes, those stars and stripes for me. they stand for greed, they stand for hate. which is nuthing i believe***

ive seen that video and its funny but yet tis bullshit how the cops just starts to beat the shit outta the guy. cops just like over using there power, when the get an opportunity to strap on the bullet proof vests that means you cant do anything right without getting hit with those damn sticks.

GFaabop- thanks for the viewing tip! It's brutal and shocking, but it sure is karma...
"He can't do shit to you man... Just do it!"

Um... you are expecting the law to protect you when you piss off an officer of the law? A cop really needs very little in the way of reason to lock you up for a night. They can always find SOMETHING to lock you up for. Never forget the practical reality of law enforcement.

Lawfully or unlawfully, I think it mostly matters on who the cop is as a person. If he's a guy who'll get pissed off, then you have yourself a problem. Cops can go to the end of the Earth just to catch you on the slightest break of the law if they want to. Or they can laugh and give you one back, it all depends.

*ahem* Once again it all depends on where your at.
If your inna BIG city then you could probably get away with it. Cops in BIG cities have much better things to attend to *example: gangs. murders. drugs. rape. prostitution. liquor store robberies*
Chances are they wont be wasting their time and effort on some kid who decides to throw em' the finger.
If your inna smaller city and yoo do it then your probably asking for trouble. Cops in smaller cities have hay days on minor petty offenses such as speeding. jaywalking. loitering. curfew. and parking violations. IMO cops in smaller cities dont have many serious crimes to attend to, thus, making their jobs boring, thus, making them more likely to crack down on petty shit such as thowin them the finger.
Try it. Next time your bored go out and flip both an inner city cop off as well asa small town cop. See which one hauls your ass off to jail. My bet would be on the inner city one. :)