• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I did not know where to go... (Now redirected)

Humbley

Greenlighter
Hello. I`m a 28 year old scandinavian, who have never done drugs. I am not going to either, but I recently lost one of my best friends of all time to heroin.

It striked me that I did not do enough to understand, even though I always provided my friend with food, long, deep chats, my unconditional friendship and all the love I could give. Will you guys help me understand why, and maybe help me understand how? I am not in any way judging, I`ve read a lot of your threads, I just want to learn and maybe make some new friends.

Please tell me if this is inappropriate, and I will leave. Many thanks.

If you gave sustenance, conversation, and unconditional love, you did all you could. No one can talk an addict out of being an addict. Don't blame yourself.

As for the how and why, I assume you are asking why someone gets high, or how they could choose to be an addict. It's not a conscious choice, but a series of bad decisions and circumstances that usually lead to addiction.

As for the how and why, I assume you are asking why someone gets high, or how they could choose to be an addict. It's not a conscious choice, but a series of bad decisions and circumstances that usually lead to addiction.

I know, I guess I want to read the stories, make myself understand, learn. My friend never told me what it was like, how painful the withdrawal was, how depressed it all made him except from when he was far out etc. And then I don`t know what was true, and what was hallucinations/dreams. I never understood until now how much he actually suffered, and how much he was in love with the drug (I`ve read some of your stories).

What I DID understand is how hopeless the drug politics are in my country. I would love to discuss that too, with someone who know what they need. Maybe talk to someone who OD`d and survived, etc...

Thank you so much for answering:)

As my whole family is Noweigan I am very interested in drug policies of Scandinavia as well.

Any info or experience would be appreciated!