• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

MDMA comedowns

Ratatatat99

Greenlighter
Hi, i'm gonna keep it short and sweet but here's the situation.

After a year of abusing alcohol, weed and mdma the hardest part was definitley the comedown from the MDMA. I no longer take mdma and don't really smoke weed anymore but after 2 months not taking any MD i still don't feel like the old me. I've definitley got rid of the "don't give a fuck attitude" i adopted during the year and i'm alot more motivated, but my minds still misty and i think i have a few anxiety problems, i feel like everyone is scrutinizing me wherever i go. The comedowns almost made me feel depressed and made my mood really unbalanced.

Just wondering if i will go back to my normal self and if so how long would you think?

Thanks.

Welcome dude =D

Firstly, the answers YES, you will get better and feel your old self again! It gets better as each day pases.

Theres plenty of ex-MDMA users here who have pushed their use a bit further than what they should have and have ended up with all sorts of various problems and what your experience, typically a long term MDMA comedown. Have a search around and you'll find stories, whilst they arent comforting, what is comforting is to know that one, from what youve described you havent got it as bad as some others have which is a positive - it could be worse! and two most importantly you'll find that they recovered! MDMA damage is deffintly recoverable, it just takes time and a few tips I can give you to help...

Firstly, stop all drug use, MDMA included which I applaud you for doing! Some people find that weed or alcohol, used lightly and in moderation here and there is ok and it can help them, whether it hinders recovery in tiny amounts I cant tell you but complete sobriety will be your best choice - the last thing you want to do is become dependent on a substance to cover up another ones damage. Your mind and your body ultimately needs to recover so the more you throw at it the harder it will be for it to get back up on its feet.

Secondly, mental attitude. Yeah it may get hard at times, but take it from me from my experience, MDMA induced damage isn't permanent and you will recover. There are thousands of people who have gone through it and come out of it fine, and as I mentioned earlier, have a search in the ecsatsy forum for some peoples reports of their damage and subsequent recovery. Positive thinking will only help you, surroudn yourself in it aswell as positive experiences and people.

Thirdly, look after yourself! Get regular exercise its a great excuse to get in shape whether its to cut some fat with cardio, build muscle or strength with weights not only will it keep your mind off it, but it will also allow you to introduce a new hobby into your life if it isnt already one aswell as the endorphins it releases. Exercise has been shown to increase whats called brain derived neurotrophic factor amongst other growth factors and will help your brain recover from MDMA induced damage while also keeping healthy.

Lastly, you've got us here to help you, your never alone dude soldier on youll be out of it in no time!

EDIT: Another thing stay away from SSRIs!

Thanks alot man! Nice to get some reassurance so i can get on with being myself again.

You are right, I'm going to stay away from everything until my heads screwed on properly and go from there. I was lucky enough to have not let things get worse than they did, still any mental impact can be confusing. I've looked up some serious work out routines which look good and most imporantly time consuming.

My perception has changed now, i would say i've had my experimental phase when i was abit younger and now this more intense phase is out the way i want to push it all to one side. In terms of when i feel better; alcohol i'm fine with and weed i will avoid until these anxiety issues are left in the past, i suppose it's all about balance and consumption. Everything else i will steer clear of, i don't ever want to feel like i did some of those days!

Once again i appreciate the reply, it has settled a few unanswered questions for me.

Last edited:
No worries dude, hate to see fellow members go through the potential trauma that can be caused by a few too many nights partying!

It won't be long before your all out in the clear and looking back on the experience as lesson, not only to yourself but even to others. Yeah deffintly stear clear from the weed, in most cases it makes pre-exisitng anxiety feed off itself however some people find it helps them through it, also IIRC there is a few different strains of weed that are supposed to aid in treating anxiety you could look into that if you wanted.

Another suggestion I have is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), which you can only gain nothing but benefeits from this and may very well help you on your road to recovery! Look into it dude, it could be of great use to you.

If you got any more questions or need to chat, hit us up because thats what bluelight is here for :)

After a year of abusing alcohol, weed and mdma the hardest part was definitley the comedown from the MDMA. I no longer take mdma and don't really smoke weed anymore but after 2 months not taking any MD i still don't feel like the old me. I've definitley got rid of the "don't give a fuck attitude" i adopted during the year and i'm alot more motivated, but my minds still misty and i think i have a few anxiety problems, i feel like everyone is scrutinizing me wherever i go. The comedowns almost made me feel depressed and made my mood really unbalanced.

Just wondering if i will go back to my normal self and if so how long would you think?

Thanks.

Its takes awhile man, im not gonna lie. I was doing E for 4 years straight, 10 pills a week minimum. I stopped 5 years ago when i was 20 and i still feel depressed and more anxious then i did before the drugs. It made all my mental ilnesses 100 times worse. Stop while you are semi a head.

i got so fucked up after awhle and took 70 extra strenght advil, almost died but my dad came home after he forgot something and found me. Best of luck staying aways from that poison. if you are gonna use it dont roll more then 4 times a year max.

Spadez87, just out of curiosity have you tried any methods to help you? Have you noticed an improvement since stopping? 5 years a quite a while, have you looked into alternative options?

^ Yeah, Molly is a slang term for MDMA (ecstasy).

Ratatat - The brain is a very powerful tool..
MDMA abuse does take its toll, but once a healthy lifestyle has been enforced for quite some time, the mental effects from Ectasy will gradually diminish.
Try keep your mind occupied on things other than E's & other drugs..
And the main thing..
Try stay clean!
It will help tremendously.

Thanks.

Yes, you will get back to how you were previously.

You may not be exactly the same because MDMA is a chemical that obviously alters the brain, but you will get better. You won't always feel the way you currently do. MDMA comedowns make people feel depressed because of the chemical levels in the brain being altered. Your brain needs time to adjust to the new you without substances. It may not happen overnight, but it will happen.

I also suggest trying CBT as a means of therapy. That's something that i'm going to start tryying for my anxiety. It has helped SO many people.

Thanks for the replies.

Spadez87 - Sorry to hear that bro, maybe these CBT methods can help you aswell. I'm gonna look through some now. I can't even imagine what it must be like after 4 years, 1 year was bad enough for me! Onwards and upwards though..

tripnotyzm - Yeah for sure, i'm in control of not using the drug. When i first stopped the only chance i would have taken it again would have been an error of judgement, say if i was drunk and i could see all my pals having a crazy time. I don't think that's gonna be an issue now though cause my mind is dead set on never touching it again. Thoughts of a really bad comedown almost sends shivers down my spine. Also yeah i think working out would be a good time consumers plus benficial for my chemical balance in my brain.

MrSpeedyG/ rx_prn - Any specific methods of CBT you guys think would be useful?