Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Sceletium Tortuosum Extract and Regular Amazing herbal antidepressant,calming

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting with Sceletium Tortuosum for the past few months.
Its effects in Alleviating tension,anxiety, stress , depression, Amphetamine Comedown, cravings is remarkable. I have never come across such a herbal substance with vast potential . I have wrote a lot about it but I cannot emphasize for anybody who is depressed and deals with anxiety I know how bad it can suck two days this week I felt a bit anxious and down and my mind was wandering towards Negativity but Sceletium tortuosum alleviated me.
With more experience I understand a lot about it deff does interact with Serotonin receptors in your brain inducing Reuptake inhibitor qualities though further studies indicate interaction with Dopamine Receptors and Cannibinoid CB1 receptor. The instant I put a piece of gum and some sceletium tortuosum in my oral cavity( Sublingual) I experience a mood lift near instantly 5 minutes later, amazing I feel Euphoric as well and I feel a stronger connection with Nature, its a pleasurable sensation you can also get a very nice body mind high on it , like your body feels good but its so effective yet so subtle that people dont even really know your on something everything is just better whilst on Mesembrine, Kanna it also enhances apprecation of music proper dosages keep anxiolytic effects from about 3- 8 hours . I also feel numb from Negative emotions , it also causes my oral cavity to go numb teeth and stuff , it increases tactile sensations kind of like MDMA I had sex on Sceletium Tortuosum and it was amazing such great orgasms. I also Smoked weed on Sceletium Tortuosum and you do not get high but you kind of get super high like a psychedelic experience remeniscent of Magical Mushrooms the world appeared beautiful but becareful if you mix weed with Sceletium you will get amazing high like a new level and the Euphoria was insane I was laughing and smiling on the combo for 3 hours straight just laughter I found everything happy ahahaha.
This is the combo of course
On its own initially it stimulates if you are not social, if you deal with social anxiety this will kill it you will smile a lot and you will talk a lot you will feel a lot less depressed interactions will be more enjoyable , Later on the stimulation finishes and sedation proceeds with Numbness Physical and Mental. It is Euphoric and its a pleasurable sensation. It also kills your appetite and I would say its a strong Appetite suppressant . It has some similiar effects to chewing coca leaves in that it numbs your oral cavity though it also numbs emotions and stimulates initially , the stimulation is better than with caffeine its very smooth and a clear minded stimulation its kind of nootropic this proceeds to sedation and Euphoria you just feel good.
I have been using Regular Kanna powder but lately I have been hitting 15 times strength Kanna extract its so potent a small pinch like .1 grams to .2 grams either sublingually or swallowed Orally have such a great effect on my anxiety levels, energy, depression levels, decrease my appetite excellent herb for those wanting to lose weight, I have lost a bit while using it.
If you have not gotten these positive effects from Kanna then I am sorry my friend you haven't been getting proper Kanna.
Mesembrine is such an amazing molecule with such strong potential further research is needed on it. I would say if they made medicine out of it or got into the Pharmaceutical industry it would be the best antidepressant it would outclass the rest.

If you get real Kanna, Sceletium Tortuosum you will know truly that this is a healing herb from Southern Africa. I truly hope that one day they make an antidepressant medication out of Kanna.

Sceletium Tortuosum Healing herb and lifter of tension, anxiety and low moods and negative energies.

Btw I have 15 times strength Kanna extract the feeling on this tops Kratom any day , any fuk in day. Cause I tried Kratom its good but I never felt too addicted to it lol. Kanna I literally have started to take it everyday its kind of like Coca in that sense. If somebody would have pure mesembrine the feeling would be amazing.
But shiat I would rather take my Kanna extracts and my regular Kanna powder and use this then Pop xanax, valium and prozac daily.
This is a must I repeat a must for anybody who deals with tension, anxiety, anxiety disorders, Depression, low energy states etc.

The anxiolytic effects on Kanna are constant for me , even after a few months of usage. Its kind of like a caffeine addiction, Khat addiction a mild addiction but it does help your life out. The anxiolysis and pleasure on Kanna are addictive at least psychologically I love the relief of tension stress I get on this its amazing. =D

Somebody input into my information about Sceletium Tortuosum

Last edited:
I took 25 minutes out of my life to write this , I consider this Kanna an amazing substance. =D Music Apprecation is increased and you can get Music Euphoria on Sceletium Tortuosum on its own, when combined with weed you trip wow. Sceletium I luv lol,haha. Take some Sceletium Tortuosum and listening to soothing tunes currently listening to bruno mars locked out of heaven and neyo let me love you.:D

Last edited:
Somebody please input. I love discussion on Psychoactive. Kanna does have remarkable effects on Anxiety and tension and mood and energy levels.

Sceletium Tortuosum is an amazing Antidepressant last night I went on a binge though. Its not just an antidepressant but it tends to have many effects reduced anxiety, psychostimulation, it is a bit trippy slightly like magical mushrooms or MDMA the world starts to glow everything appears beautiful, it potentiates caffeine and it potentiates ALcohol as well as marijuana. Last night I was mixing beer and sceletium I felt so good , very bliss and Euphoric, I went out to a couple of bars met many people talked a lot my energy levels where semmingly endless . I felt empathetic and apologetic towards people and very kind. I felt highly social. This was on the 15 times extract my dosage was half a gram orally effects lasted long I would say about 8 hours it is like Mother Natures MDMA I felt so damn good> I would say better than on Cocaine or Amphetamine. It shares similiarities to them too though as it stimulates but in a gentle way no too rough. What is most amazing is the feeling of zero anxiety zero social anxiety the way the world appeared beautiful and the way it glowed as well as my never ending Smile. Alcohol intensifies the Euphoria on Sceletium omg it was somewhat mind blowing I got mind fucked last night on Booze, Sceletium Tortuosum and topped it off with weed.

If you get the proper Sceletium Tortuosum you will know the effects are better than Benzodiazepines for reducing anxiety, not only does it reduce anxiety, tension and stress it energizes you know when you struggle a bit your energy levels are depleted physically and Mentally what I have noticed on Sceletium that these minor ailments are improved its mechanism of action is so puzzling. I really want some input from you people on Bluelight this is bull sh'''' no comments on my thread. I had regular powder and I had some of these effects but just like Kratom has extracts so does Kanna Sceletium Tortuosum . I had 15 times strength extract . It is like MDMA no kidding but natural. You feel good. Euphoric on the kanna extract its bliss when mixed with Alcohol and Marijuana these Euphoric effects are increased and you feel bliss. It stimulates moderately better than Caffeine it is smooth stimulation similiar to Cocaine but better. My mouth and the teeth go numb as well similiar effects to Coca again. My appetite is reduced drastically. The world glows it appears more beautiful its slightly trippy. I am very social . I am inhibited as well I will talk to anybody and make friends with anybody. Music is increased. I am constantly smiling feeling so damn good. The come up is anxious as i feel stimulated initially it is like comin up on MDMA. This is on the Extract holy shit I cant believe Nature has compounds like this> This trip on Sceletium Tortuosum i had last night was so good. I was going from bar to bar meeting people drinking socializing feeling good having the time of my life and then i went to a club and partied even more. I am doing the same tonight.

one more note u can snort, eat and sublingually take kanna. Its an amazing substance and yea dependence forms but fuck it if you feel good and its natural do it. Its good too cause your mind is clear on it you can study & do anything that requires mental effort . But half a gram of 15 times strength extract Orally what i took last night that is mind fuck. Mesembrine is potent it is a SRI Serotonin reuptake inhibitor and interacts with Dopamine again it kind of acts like MDMA I would say the effects are better than Antidepressant and lean more towards MDMA. Effects last a long time and combining it with Alcohol increases the duration of effects and increases the Euphoric effects.

Its amazing that such a succulent can bring one such amazing good feelings of well being.
To me its effects surpass Kratom by far.

anyone ever have any experience mixing kanna with oxycodone or other good opiates? if so how was it? did you need to take less opiates? was it worth mixing?

anyone ever have any experience mixing kanna with oxycodone or other good opiates? if so how was it? did you need to take less opiates? was it worth mixing?

No I never had an experience with that. You could give it a shot. I will tell you though mixing Kanna with Alcohol or with Weed tends to bring out a lot of Euphoria and a lot of good effects. With Weed you get a psychedelic effects, the world appears beautiful Kanna is known to increase connection with Nature on its own. With Weed laughter, giggling is stronger as is Euphoria and the stoned feeling and you even get a afterglow . With Alcohol you sort of black out also a slight Psychedelic effect is brought about but I think that is Kanna on its own its slightly trippy but very positive nature and the world appears beautiful whilst on kanna. Kanna is most certainly intoxicating and it gets you high but in a weird way. I took high dosages and its kinda of like the feeling you get on Xanax your more social, careless but sometimes I reckon that Kanna is better than conventional antidepressants and benzodiazepines and safer but becareful because I took high dosages of Kanna and its comeup and comedown remind of MDMA it most certainly acts on Serotonin and CB1 Cannbinoid receptor if you take too much you could experience physical anxiety especially on comedown and comeup sometimes a few beers smooths out the negative effect if u took too much its like an effect where you get sweaty slightly nervous and your heart races if you take too much Kanna especially the extracts.

Kanna is enjoyable and mostly anxiolytic but as I stated with Kanna sometimes its better to take lower dosages for example I have 15 times strength extract of Kanna this stuff is Euphoric good quality shit from South Africa powerful Anxiolytic. If I take .1 .2 up to .3 grams its cool not too much in the form of side effects. If I take half a gram of this extract the come up and the comedown are very anxious especially physically like my heart races, palms sweat, body sweats If I take half a gram I always drink on top of that to lessen physically anxiety omg its sooo Euphoric , effects are MDMA like the world glows, I feel very good and happy and stuff is slightly trippy. I wish people could try the extracts I get of Kanna.
Half a gram of 15 times strength Kanna gets me fucked in a good way.

Medical dosages now for me are .1 .2 grams of 15 times strength extract for anxiety disorder and stress,depression.

I love Kanna because it alleviates Fatigue, Pain, Stimulates Mentally and Physically perception of Fatigue decreases, it Improves my sleep quality though not as good as Kava Kava that is the ultimate sleeping herb. Like with Kanna the effects start out as stimulation and progress to Sedation, the stimulation is awesome on Kanna like not overwhelming its the type of stimulation that one would get on Good cocaine very smooth, mentally clear feeling.

This Kanna Sceletium Tortuosum is an very interesting compound so good for the anxious individual> I would actually consider this a life saver for somebody dealing with Moderate Depression and Anxiety so much better than conventional antidepressants and benzos and it sort of works with your body and your mind clears out like you dont get foggy and shit like on Benzos and antidepressant but you get a smooth clear stimulation which progresses to sedation. It eases insomnia and at the same time it strengthens and stimulates you during the day excellent for those lacking motivation etc.
But if you take too much and if you use it too often like i did some side effects build up. Aka to me that was a groggy feeling and getting sedated rather easily so keep the dosages low and you use it once every two days but if you feel real anxious then just use it everyday in the morning or in the afternoon if you want to induce better sleep but just dose once a day its enough i had times where I got hooked and i would chew it with my gum take it sublingually, snort it , swallow do everything with it. Its anxiolytic effects are excellent. I am taking a break this week from it like I said its more effective when taken less. It also has afterglow type effects and nice smooth stimulation especially when you intially start to use it excellent for mental fatigue but if used too often fatigue ican result. So manage the dosing.

What I most loved about Kanna was it induced these natural feelings of well being like you took it and you felt good about yourself and life, Euphoric at times too. Seems the regular powder is hit and miss with the Euphoria but the extracts always stimulate me stronger and get me feeling Euphoric. If you took good kanna like it makes me mad when people A. Dont comment on my thread and B. say Kanna didnt do shit for them cause that is BS if you get good Kanna you will know that this substance is Special and its Effects are divine , healing it soothes the anxious soul. It also resembles Coca leaves in the sense it has anaestetic effects like my whole mouth and teeth go numb when my dosages are high its pleasant, and my brain is buzzing and I am stimulated and Euphoric its kinda of like Coca except it has a lot of synergies with other compounds and the stimulation after an 1hour or two progresses to sedation. It has a synergy with Alcohol as does Coca so these two compounds have some similiarities if anybody took Cocaine or Coca especially mixed with Alcohol when you mix Kanna with Alcohol effects are somewhat similiar. Coca+ Alcohol =Cocaethylene.

It also resembles coca in the sense that when you take it in the morning you could get urges to redose throughout the day.

Kanna is like the natural MDMA/Cocaine type buzz with stimulation that progresses to Sedation and with a powerful anxiolytic effect. If you felt Kanna like me you would get hooked ahahah i had mad good effects/trip/experiences on it. It is such a powerful anxiolytic, it is recreational too Like nights on kanna and alcohol are fun. It potentiates the effects of alcohol in a similiar way to benzos. Kanna sceletium is like Xanax but so much better nd more Euphoric, stimulating.

Last edited:
I sense you might have a problem with this substance...

Dude, I know I am hooked on this. It is fucked up. I mean I can go without it infact this whole week I told myself I wouldnt use and the past 5 days I havent used Kanna. But next week I am going to start using it again, Life is better on it. If you suffered from anxiety/Depression at times or if you need a pick me up,( it is stimulating better than caffeine energizing it is like comparable to cocaine the buzz but better) and you almost found a cure all in the form of Herbal plant or succulent that has effects which are on par with Xanax for me would you not get hooked as well?

It is the best because its good for mental fatigue, irritability, feeling down. The effects are instant like 20 minutes later after consumption u feel a lot different. It will even give you a buzz if your mood is stable because I have used this substance whilst feeling ok and good naturally but it still made things better your generally calmer on it.

Withdrawal from Kanna is very mild though but you do feel something for like 2-3 days ( fatigue mild depression, mentally tired ) after 5 days without it if your a frequent user like me your back to baseline. Really the withdrawal is minor a lot lower and weaker than other drugs and not nearly as intense as kratom withdrawal. The effects of Kanna at times are phenomenal never have I come across such a magnificent herbal anxiolytic and herbal antidepressant. It puts st.johns wort, Valeriana and Skullcap even Kava Kava , Kratom to shame its anxiolytic effects are so much better than these compounds and at par with Antidepressants that are Pharmaceutical grade like Imipramine, Prozac and at par with Benzos.

Infact studies where done and Kanna, Sceletium Tortuosum is able to reuptake Serotonin at the same level as Imipramine which is a Pharmaceutical grade antidepressant.
This is one way it provides anxiety, tension and Depression relief.

The other mechanism as I have just studied is interaction with CB1 Cannbinoid Receptors so it has some mood lifting properties which are similiar to CBD Cannabidiol. Kanna is amazing it also energizes and relieves mental fatigue.
Using less is Generally better, it increases connection with nature as well.

What makes it different from Antidepressants though that it does have recreational value. You get a nice buzz on it, like energized, talkative, your mouth, teeth go numb as the effects in Coca. Its a real nice effect. It mixes well with Alcohol and weed it potentiates them.

In fact if I took kanna extract 15 times strength and then 30 minutes later smoked a joint/spliff I wouldnt get high. I would , but it wouldnt be normal Euphoria it would be feelings of Bliss like constant laughter and smiling for 3 hours straight.:D