• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - How to make ingestion pleasurable?

Long Lou

Greenlighter
So I acquired a free sample of some Green Vein powdered Kratom about a week ago, and I tried it for the first time tonight. I can see how the end result of taking it is enjoyable, but it doesn't really seem worth the discomfort of ingesting it. Everything I've read suggests that making a sort of tea out of it is the best way to go. The problem is, it tastes disgusting. Smoking is apparently not very effective as well. I won't even consider insufflation (if it would even work). My question is this. How do you make the act of ingesting Kratom fun? Half the fun of smoking weed is the smoking part. The snorting part of doing a pill is fun. Hell, some people even argue that the shooting part of shooting heroin is fun. How do you make taking Kratom fun? Doesn't seem possible.

Edit: By the way, I didn't mention this when I first posted, and so far no one has busted me on it, but I realize that Kratom isn't an opiate. I couldn't figure out how to create the thread without putting a category on it, and not get an error.

Last edited:
Fun? I don't think that's possible... HOWEVER, I dump mine into some almond milk mixed with whey protein and don't really notice the shit taste. I'm sure some normal COW milk will work the same. :) Most folks seem to do a toss and wash- dumping a pile on their tongues and chasing with water or whatever.. meh.
I made a tea out of it one time when I first got some and harfed really bad. It was fucking disgusting.
Insufflation? You gotta be kidding.

Fun? This is work man, work!

Try yogurt, mix it up completely and try and keep it in your mouth as short a time as possible. It works well for me, I have used this method over 100 times as long as you get the good yogurt ( yoplait) otherwise it gets really disgusting consistancy.

get empty gel capsuls and capsul up your own kratom. The process could become a small ritual for you?

Try yogurt, mix it up completely and try and keep it in your mouth as short a time as possible. It works well for me, I have used this method over 100 times as long as you get the good yogurt ( yoplait) otherwise it gets really disgusting consistancy.

I did that one with some applesauce. It worked, but it still sucks imo. I also did some of it like a goody powder. Has anyone tried smoking it? Does it work at all?

there's nothing fun about ingesting kratom, which is why i still have 2 oz that i dont even want. it made me feel awesome the first time i did it but after that, even after a week of space between use it doesnt really do shit.

the taste of it makes it not worth it to me but ive found the easiest way to ingest without puking is to parachute it. i parachuted 7 grams in 3 separate pieces of toilet paper and i was fine. in the end theres no fun to ingesting it imo

Just look at the terrible route of administration as a sort of 'checks & balances' on your use. This way, you're only going to really get high when you're really ready to stomach the nasty taste of the beast.

Myself, I capped them for a while, then afterwards perfected the toss&wash to the point where I only tasted a bit of an aftertaste of the gritty powder. No foulness whatsoever. Both of those ways led me to become a habitual user while others left me using once every 3 months or so.

Be thankful for the shitty taste!

"Toss and wash" seems to work well for some people.
I would imagine if you made a crude tea, and then extracted that like Agent Lemon/DXM, you would end up with kratom alkaloids as citrate salts that you could probably dose somewhat easier (as a pill).

I did that one with some applesauce. It worked, but it still sucks imo. I also did some of it like a goody powder. Has anyone tried smoking it? Does it work at all?

First off smoking it is stupid because the amount of powder you would have to smoke to get high would be insane, and plus some of the alkaloids would definitely be degraded in direct heat. And trust me man, applesauce aint got shit on yogurt when it comes to kratom. the twangyness and sweetness of yogurt, plus the creamy smooth texture really helps with the taste and texture of kratom.

I honestly don't take it any other way, toss and wash is not for me, it sucks the moisture out of my mouth and I choke and exhale a massive cloud of kratom powder. Plus it limits my use, when I run out of yogurt I wont take kratom anymore until I go to the store, helped stop me from getting physically dependent. Just my experience, do whats best for you.

If your going to use Kratom, swim suggests that you put your desired dose in a cup: (1 part water, 1 part hydrochlroic acid e.g. Vinegar, 1 part ethanol) Let it sit preferabbly overnight in a refrigerator. The active alkaloids in Kratom are only partial soluble in water, extremely soluble in Hydrochlroic acid 'vinegar' and ethanol, no more than 1 shot of 80 proof. The resulting mixture will be *EXTREMELY unplesant to the taste. You might even vomit. But if you manage to keep it down, what you will have left with is a very potent kratom mixture with all the active chemicals.
Smoking is no use. Like previously stated 'toss and wash' is only partial effective since the active alkaloids in kratom are only partially soluble in water. Swim suggests practicing moderation. Since dependence is quickly developed. Strength can be compared to a couple of 5mg vicodin.

Reverse Toss n' Wash: fill your mouth with a bit of water, scoop up no more than 0.4g powdered kratom, insert spoon in to mouth while mouth is open, close lips around spoon and let the Kratom get wet, and finally, remove spooon while applying gentle pressure on spoon with lips; some swishing is required to mix the hydrophobic kratom with water, and finally, swallow confidently.

If you fill up your mouth with water before inserting kratom or any substance, it helps to coat your taste buds with water, so the substance floats around your mouth instead of resting completely all over your taste buds.

I'd have to agree with the reverse toss 'n wash method in that putting dry kratom powder on your tongue is absolutely disgusting. I've shoveled table spoons of it into my mouth recently because I believe my first ever batch was a marginally effective one, and by the last spoon I'm using all my self-control to keep from puking.

My suggestions: The tea is disgusting so screw that. Perhaps try the hydrochloric/ethanol shot method. I haven't yet but am eager to try since a shot if way easier than a coffee cup or more! As for those who swear by the tea, I say kudos on having the determination lol, but it's never been as effective for me. I find ingesting it through the toss n wash method, or pre-wash then toss (add a bit of liquid then toss the powder back n swallow quick) is always more effective than the tea. Even tonight I added probably 25-30g of 'super borneo red vein' to a preheated lemon juice/water mix and boiled, then simmered on low heat for 25mins. This is the most thorough recipe that I've tried and it still didn't work as well as just eating the powder.

Lastly, you could try parachuting it. I'm able to get about 2/3 of a tablespoon down at once, and I use toilet paper which is fairly thin. Just put the powder into a single square of toilet paper, pinch the corners together and twist till it makes a little whipper snapper/snap dragon looking thing and tear off the excess toilet paper till it's like a little paper capsule. Then just put that in your mouth, take a mouth full of whatever and swallow it down. The toiler paper should disintegrate fairly easily as it's digested. I wouldn't recommend doing this too often but it's an easy way to get the stuff down.

After having to take down so much powder in such a short period since I believe my batch was really weak, I'm nauseated by the thought of the stuff an am pretty sure I'm gonna stick to doing it once a week now. Prevents developing a tolerance anyway.

the key to doing toss and wash for me it tilting my head back. the first few times i gagged and it caused like a psychological problem getting it down cause i think its gonna happen everytime. but it takes a while to consume the dose i want cause i do like .5 at a time but i just put it on my tounge, take a big drink, swish it with my head tilted back, wait a sec to let it go back and swallow it. if you do that you dont catch so much powder just dragging down your throat. the taste isnt all that bad to me, its just the texture that i cant stand.

Yeah, Kratom in general is pretty revolting to consume, but swim thinks it makes up in other aspects: legality, price, realtive strength.
A lot of people mention adding lemon to aid in the solubilty, but swim thinks that wouldnt really do much. Vinegar and alcohol are the most effective solvents of kratom. It really makes a world of a difference, compared to the common 'toss & wash'. You can probably effectively strain the mixture since most of the 'good stuff' is in the liquid.
When consuming Kratom this way its gonna REALLY REALLY TASTE LIKE SHIT. Screw the whole consuming on an empty stomach. With this ROA your gonna want something in your stomach. And it wont matter since it will be so much more potent. Try not to vomit and keep it down. If you manage in 30 mins you will be suprised at how effective this elusive mixture really is.
BTW you can absolutey get addicted to it, especially consumed in this fashion. SWIM was on a six month binge of daily kratom use around (1/2 oz. a day) upon cold turkey cessecation, moderate to severe withdrawal was experienced. 'Diarhea, Cold-sweats, insomnia, pain, RLS' was even close to vomiting.
Think of kratom like consuming hydrocodone (in terms of relative strength) and you will be okay.

Put them in capsules, throw one up in the air and try to catch it in your mouth like you would with popcorn.

Just look at the terrible route of administration as a sort of 'checks & balances' on your use. This way, you're only going to really get high when you're really ready to stomach the nasty taste of the beast.

Myself, I capped them for a while, then afterwards perfected the toss&wash to the point where I only tasted a bit of an aftertaste of the gritty powder. No foulness whatsoever. Both of those ways led me to become a habitual user while others left me using once every 3 months or so.

Be thankful for the shitty taste!

I'm already physically dependent to opiates, so as far as price goes it wouldn't be a bad trade off. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions though. There doesn't seem to be any pleasant way of doing it. Damn I just wish smoking it would work. Oh well.

Any one had any experience with kava? The free sample of Kratom I ordered came with a sample of kava too, and I haven't decided to try it yet, as the preparation is a little more work than I've felt like doing recently. From what I read, one of the main effects seems to be a state of "clear-mindedness". Any ideas if it actually gives you a clear mind, or you just feel like you have one like you do when you're drunk?