• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm Addicted To Corcidin Cough And Cold and need help.

lost054321l

Greenlighter
I don't know what to say. Ever since i moved back home all i've been doing is tripping on Corcidin. I can feel myself shaking when im not on them. I want to quit so bad, but i can't help but to think of them all the time. I will completely go out of my way to get my hands on them. Even steal money from my mom. I'm so scared. i cant tell her because i spent over 5 years in treatment and boarding school. I know it would kill her if she knew i was doing bad again. I really need help. I want to quit so bad. im really starting to panick. Someone please give me some advice. No hate would be appreciated im really crossing a tough patch right now. I just bought one last pack tonight. Im really going to try to stop tomorrow. Im just scared i won't be able too.

this is tough.... There are no easy answers, but wanting it is a great first step. The more you focus on WHY and HOW you should stop, it will become clear

she probably isn't going to be as mad as you think but she would rather you tell her before she gets a phone call that your hurt or worse. i felt the same when i was strung out on norcos but once i told her, i felt better and it was a totally different reaction than i expected. she just wanted to help. addiction is a beast and the important thing is you sound done. get the help buddy. you'll be fine

you should have someone you can talk for a lot of time in every moment :) So when you panick, you call him and talk talk talk and talk again...forgetting your panick :) beee strong mate

This should belong in The Dark Side, not trip reports. Also, you should really quit that. DXM is bad for you if you do it habitually, not only that but CCC has the really nasty and dangerous ingredients.

I would advise you to stop abusing these nasty ass pills. Even delsym or something would be better to abuse, but you should just quit DXM all together.

You can talk with us. That is what we are here for (among other issues regarding Harm Reduction).

If you are not ready to stop, the first thing you need to do is switch to a medicine which only contains DXM. The added ingredients in CCC's are very bad for your heart and have contributed in many overdose deaths. Staying/getting back in treatment is also important. The good news is, as I believe, DXM does not have difficult physical withdrawals. It is all psychological. You can do this. You obviously have the desire to, and that is important.

I am sending this over to The Dark Side, as that is where they address addiction issues.

Stay safe <3