Marijuana Laws in Australia (North NSW)

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
I am pretty sure about 5 or so years ago you could legally have one or two plants for your own personal use. Is this law still around? Or is any mull illegal?
Also are magic mushrooms still legal (if you dont dry/freeze them). I mean you can't stop your cows from shitting. I assume theyre only illegal when preparing them. But if you eat em whole at home is that now illegal ?

The Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act(NSW) classifies cannabis under schedule 1 making it illegal to have in your possession(s.23), manufacture/produce(s.24) and also to supply(s.25). This being the case, offences involving marijuana carry the same penalties as "harder" drugs also listed under schedule 1(these include amphetamines, cocaine, lysergic acid, opium and heroin).
The maximum sentence for possession of prohibited drugs, possession of equipment for administration of prohibited drugs, administration(use) of prohibited drugs and sale, supply and display of waterpipes is $2000 and/or imprisonment for a term of two years. The sentence for possession applies to situations where you are carrying less than the traffickable(5 plants) and show no signs of intent to supply. Try to keep your person free of baggies and large quantities of cash and anything else which may make it look as though you are dealing and give the police a reason to execute a search warrant of your house.
If you are cultivating your own plants you the best idea would be to stop as you're looking at a maximum of 15yrs imprisonment and/or $350,000 if it is below the large commercial quantity(1000plants).
If the amount you are cultivating is above 1000plants and you are charged then you face a maximum sentence of 20yrs imprisonment and/or $500,000 I shit you not.
Psilocybic Mushrooms are also listed under schedule.1 and carry the same charges for possession and use as listed above provided you weren’t deliberately involved in their cultivation and don’t intend to supply others. You will be assumed have intent to supply if you have in your possession an amount of mushrooms containing greater than .25g of psilocybin. In which case you face up 20years imprisonment and/or a fine of $350,000.
[This message has been edited by Prometheus (edited 12 November 2001).]

That is really sad. I'm moving to Canberra
smile.gif