How about a Legal FAQ thread?

Exx_head

Bluelighter
This would cut down on a lot of repeat posts that are bound to come up in here. A few I can think of:
What is Entrapment?
What does Schedule 1/2/3 mean?
What is an analogue?
What is considered paraphernalia?
Can I be arrested for having ingested an illegal drug?
etc. I've read a bunch about this at the DEA, Erowid, NOLO, etc. I would help compile some of the info if need be.
Peace

I was thinking the same thing. There are quite a few basic, yet important questions that could be compiled. It would definitely cut down on the same few questions being asked over and over and leave room for other discussion.
Some more to add to the list: Search/Seizure, phone-tapping/surveillance, individual rights, possesion vs. intent to distribute, misdemeanor vs. felony, etc...

That's a good idea guys, I'm working on it, but time is limited so I'm kinda waiting for questions to come up before I try to answer them in advance, if you have nay ideas for content, write em up and we'll work together to come up with some. There already are some pretty good discussions saved in the archives, I'll be looking them up as time permits.

Very good idea! I was also thinking about maybe a thread devoted to links, possibly divided by state, (or country for outside the US) for quick reference. Things like statutes, links for lawyer referral services, DEA press releases, etc. <--- thoughts?
I can be of help in searching the archives, Gonzo.. do you want me to post what I find in an FAQ thread, or send it to you via email for organization first?

Daisybabe, I think your resource thread is a great idea, we can work it into the FAQ, but for now if you wanna start it as a thread I think you should, other's will probably have input, and eventually we should have a pretty comprehensive list.

Definately a time saver. I was already planning on doing something along these lines for Australian law once I have all the necessary legislation for every state. We know that after a short while the questions being asked will become repetitive and if we're going to direct someone to a link it may as well be a damn good one.
smile.gif