Mental Health Lexapro

Psycho.nova

Greenlighter
mk i was shut down in the misc. drugs sub sect of this forum so im gonna relocate here, no problem. my original thread was basically an idea to log the attitudes and overall experience with the medication lexapro. or looking at it now, escitalopram. as i said before im threading neutrally on the position of pharmaceuticals and not starting off with any prejudice or bias. just came back from the pharmacy. abt to take my first 10mg dose. be logging every other day. any experience from anyone on the chemistry of this medicine and how it mixes with just about anything is strongly welcome.

KUDOS yo

well your first thread was closed because there was no question, making it suitable for a blog. There are plenty of studies and information on escitalopram out there already. It is an SSRI, more selective than most, which gives it less side effects and better efficacy in those who believe these things work at all. I was on it for a while, had suicidal ideation, loss of emotions, loss of sex drive, restlessness, nightmares, insomnia and emotional instability. It's one of the better SSRIs at least but still, why are you carrying out this experiment? are you depressed? this isn't a novel drug or anything.

It's well known that SSRIs and mdma make the experience less effective/strong. Mixing with psychedelics (5ht2) are fine but may have a some minor effects. Mixing with cannabis is fine, may increase the high. Wouldn't mix it with DXM personally. IT can be used with opiates/benzos without any interaction and as for stimulants, well it depends on the stimulant but a simple google search can answer all these questions and there's even a thread on bluelight that already covers SSRIs and mixing drugs.

well all those heavy stimulants u mentioned and sedatives is well taken n all thanks. but im rly not using anything right now. what i originally meant was more subtle things that exemplified the effects of the uptake like diet and certain areas of exercise. im not depressed, im depressed as much as the next person. as anxious as the average young adult in my position. somehow i just arrived at the opportunity to see if this medication might add a little spizaz to a move im about to make. u said u had nightmares...i havent had one in years...id be psyched to have one again

alright on the second day here. i know its the second day here but my body is very minimally nourished most of the time and any foreign agents i usually throw into it i can take notice pretty damn quick. so by now i know which side effects of the Rx im going to be fighting. headaches, minor but damn never had them so notice them. and, insomnia. which is gonna be pretty interesting as ive noticed sleep deprivation alone relaxes me the next day.
but side effects are boring.
what ive been able to see so far is an easier time with engagement. keep in mind this is day 2. this drug doesnt have its clinical guarantee until 4 weeks of taking this stuff. im aching to speed it all up and see the effects then. im gonna ride it out.
peace, on the streets, son

it won't work completely until a week or two but there are effects that occur after taking even a single dose.

still really don't understand your desire to experiment with this, you do know that lexapro has a pretty bad discontinuation/withdrawal right? it's like experimenting with benzos even though you don't have anxiety , or opiates for no pain or whatever. I'd understand if you were trying to get high but documenting your experience with a well known drug i don't get.

it's not going to add spizaz, it's going to make you emotionally numb, give you massive sexual side effects and likely cause more problems than help. Try smoking cannabis or taking a psychedelic if you want to experiment. If you want to experience this for some reason, i can't stop you but i hope you know what you're going to be putting your body through. lexapro isn't benign by any means.

it won't work completely until a week or two but there are effects that occur after taking even a single dose.

still really don't understand your desire to experiment with this, you do know that lexapro has a pretty bad discontinuation/withdrawal right? it's like experimenting with benzos even though you don't have anxiety , or opiates for no pain or whatever. I'd understand if you were trying to get high but documenting your experience with a well known drug i don't get.

it's not going to add spizaz, it's going to make you emotionally numb, give you massive sexual side effects and likely cause more problems than help. Try smoking cannabis or taking a psychedelic if you want to experiment. If you want to experience this for some reason, i can't stop you but i hope you know what you're going to be putting your body through. lexapro isn't benign by any means.

if i had the luxury of having the privacy right now and the resources, most surely, id be GROWING my own p.cubensis in my closet. this documenting of an experiment im doing isnt being taken lightly trust me. as far as sexual suppression, im cool with it right now, i dont have a girlfriend and can still piss pretty fluently. and the discontinuation will be what it is, by that time i plan to be able to handle that kind of thing, and to let u in on a little secret, follow through with my little mushroom ambition.
appreciate u following none the less my dude

tis now the 15th and i went back on myself on telling myself and the board i'd be writing every other day, but things come up and change mind. and that's what played out. im sure no one is rly in this thread and it should be a blog. im seeing the doctor that signed me off the Rx this monday to follow up with him and see if he's willing to write me for another two. i've been slicing my doses in half to a subtle 5mg/day. and with that serotonin laying around between my synapses i've started taking a dose of 1.25 mg dose of melatonin each night before bed (the 2 regulated substances of the pineal gland); in hope to re-activate it and enhance it. i will say, in line with a lot of things i heard of lexapro, my dreams have been PHENOMENAL. rly. just extremely lucid and pertaining so plainly to issues in my life, as opposed to "loose" feeling dreams that need to rly be interpreted to be applied. so as far as the 'medication' doing anything dramatic, i won't say. but as far as it contributing to other supplements i'm taking that compliment the effects of the re-uptake inhibition as well as "sun-gazing" and just overall 'getting down to business', i'd say the Rx has been successful.

My main goal is to understand the chemistry, and how it reflects in my relationships. then tweak it from there. one neurotransmitter at a time

i've been on lexapro. Although it had an uplifting effect on me, i found it very numbing. Also if you are a male you will most likely not be able to blow your load during sex on any dose 20mg or higher. I dropped off 20mg of these after a few weeks and had some pretty awesome euphoria (i found everything funny and my friends took advantage by doing stupid random shit that made me cackle with laughter) - this after stopping an antidepressant i think is known as paradoxical or rebound effects.

I too am on melatonin - thats good stuff, if i was you i'd keep taking that. I take Schiff melatonin (3mg) ultra which also has other goodies in there. It helps with sleep, anti-oxidant and is neuro-protective. Much better for you than lexapro....

that's kind of a messed up way of learning things, generally you don't want yourself to be the experiment as things can and often do go wrong. This is all well known already, just look up metabolism of melatonin and learn about how lexapro works as an SSRI. Don't forget to read the studies on it documenting the side effects either. I just wouldn't do this experiment, as i've mentioned a few times now, because it will not benefit science in anyway and you're just going to fuck your serotonin receptors by messing around with them when not needed.

well i discontinued. its been 2 days and i feel weird thinking i ever wanted it. the whole thing was a self-induction. scold me or admire it. no i think i'll go back to the significance of psilocybin and the personal benefits that come with it, for me. idk any of your experiences with using entheogens, but i'm growing really curious the types of effects psilocybin can have on an individual if taken daily in small quantities.

I took lexapro about five months ago regularly from the high dose of 20mg-10mg-5mg, and then went off of it because of it's side effects; consist of feeling numb, shakiness, insomnia, loss of appetite, drowsiness, anxious, rapid mood changes, sexual suppression. After I was going off of it, I felt massive withdrawal syndromes, then I gradually leveled back to my old neurotransmitters. My depression was then increasing, although I wasn't feeling as anxious as I was while taking lexapro. I went to my psychiatrist, he prescribed me klonipin for the first time which I rarely took unless the need arises, and pristiq which I took for a week and then went off it because I didn't feel the need to take SSRIs or SNRIs. I can say that at first lexapro may have helped me for a short term. Until I completely came off of it, that's when I ultimately decided that I didn't want to take any of these medications besides stimulants. I have been doing alright currently handling my anxiety and sad feels, with the help of minor psychedelics.

Knowing my experience with this strange chemical process, I would recommend/agree not to experiment with these medications because long term effects could become unsatisfying depending of the desperation for them.

I took lexapro about five months ago regularly from the high dose of 20mg-10mg-5mg, and then went off of it because of it's side effects; consist of feeling numb, shakiness, insomnia, loss of appetite, drowsiness, anxious, rapid mood changes, sexual suppression. After I was going off of it, I felt massive withdrawal syndromes, then I gradually leveled back to my old neurotransmitters. My depression was then increasing, although I wasn't feeling as anxious as I was while taking lexapro. I went to my psychiatrist, he prescribed me klonipin for the first time which I rarely took unless the need arises, and pristiq which I took for a week and then went off it because I didn't feel the need to take SSRIs or SNRIs. I can say that at first lexapro may have helped me for a short term. Until I completely came off of it, that's when I ultimately decided that I didn't want to take any of these medications besides stimulants. I have been doing alright currently handling my anxiety and sad feels, with the help of minor psychedelics.

Knowing my experience with this strange chemical process, I would recommend/agree not to experiment with these medications because long term effects could become unsatisfying depending of the desperation for them.

Good things indeed. Good that you naturally brought to balance, or are still in the act of, your neurotransmitters. It is the most revealing way. You mentioned something rly key i think, the use of 'minor psychedelics' when you are at a loss or in a confused place. Which chemicals do u use?

I was on it for 3 weeks when I got off it I was still hallucinating and reacting strangely. But good luck I hope it works for you.

never believed in ssri's although they not that addictive as benzos. You can try high quality 5htp and fish oils

i am going to move this to the mental health section.

WD's from Lexapro lasted roughly six months for me, please do not carry out this experiment if you have no valid use for the medication.

Why even experiment with Lexapro?
It is intended to help those with depression and anxiety and not to get a buzz off.
For the record i've been taking 25mg on and off over the last 8 years and it's not a fun drug to take; it killed my llbido, ability to dream and my feelings both happy/sad were numbed completely. This is without taking into account the tapering off period which will last months and makes you feel like your brain is totally fried.
If you want to have lucid dreams/relax just take some Valium like everyone else does, leave the Lexapro alone.
Best wishes x