• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine to breathe

Need2Breathe

Greenlighter
I know the euphoria cocaine produces only lasts 15 minutes or so, but after that, how long does the energy boost last? Also, once a tolerance has built up so that it takes more to produce euphoria, is it possible to keep taking the same amount of cocaine just for the energy? The euphoria would be a bonus, but the reason I've resorted to cocaine is because of a slight breathing problem. I know cocaine is a stimulant and can cause hyperventilation, so that would just get me up to a normal breathing pace. This is only temporary, but in the mean time, will you guys help me out?

I'm also new here, so don't be strangers.

Have you been to a doctor? He could probably prescribe you something better (and safer) then cocaine to help your breathing problems. Anyway, I would assume that cocaine is a little like caffeine in that you build a tolerance to it's effects - including the increased energy. Your body basically gets used to having it there and compensates for it. If anything you'll probably have to keep taking it to stop the withdrawal effects (which may include shortness of breathe, as your body would have got used to having cocaine to help). Short term, you might be fine, but I would not really recommend it - breathing problems is not something you can really mess around with - best to get medical help.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use cocaine for a breathing problem.
Personally I would go to a Dr. and tell him what's going on.
and, if you do start cocaine, tolerance will start quick, within a week yor 2 you'll probably want to take more, then you're fucked.
also, I would think if you pump urself with cocaine, when that wears off your breathing is going to be really fucked.

Yeah it seems the consensus here is to get a better medication from a doctor, and I'm sure you're already planning on doing that.

The energy cocaine can give you can vary from very short lived to very long lived, depends on the individual, and if you're eating/sleeping well, etc.

Using cocaine to breath is really stretching the imagination when it comes to lying to yourself and justifying drug use. You don't need a stimulant so that you can breath at a normal pace.

If your breathing is irregular or slow you should see a doctor not snort coke, come on...

if you pump urself with cocaine, when that wears off your breathing is going to be really fucked.

^this

I would think a stimulant would make your breathing worse. I know I can have some pretty shallow breaths when taking stims because of my anxiety. Definitely on the comedown.

Go see a doctor.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I posted this out of ignorance. After doing some research, of course I've concluded that cocaine is the worst idea possible. I'll be seeing a doctor soon, but in the meantime, I'll get some help from the pharmacy. Thank you all.

Cocaine causes vasoconstriction with can chicks the blood vessels and causes less oxygen to be absorbed lungs

^^Actually, if someone with asthma were to have an asthma attack, stimulants such as cocaine or caffeine would actually help relax the bblood vessels helping the individual to breathe easier. Just learned about this in kinesiology class today.
That being said, I wouldn't advise using it consistently to change your breathing.
Go to a doctor, it sounds like you could use a beta-2 adrenergic agonist like albuterol but i cant say for sure. go to a doc

I should clarify,
cocaine is a vasoconstrictor. That is at least in the systemic part of the body. It will have inotropic/chronotropic effects on the heart (causes it to beat harder + faster) because it is a vasoconstrictor in the blood.
However, in the pulmonary system it will actually cause vasodilation.

I know the euphoria cocaine produces only lasts 15 minutes or so, but after that, how long does the energy boost last? Also, once a tolerance has built up so that it takes more to produce euphoria, is it possible to keep taking the same amount of cocaine just for the energy? The euphoria would be a bonus, but the reason I've resorted to cocaine is because of a slight breathing problem. I know cocaine is a stimulant and can cause hyperventilation, so that would just get me up to a normal breathing pace. This is only temporary, but in the mean time, will you guys help me out?

cocaine is the most overrated drug ever in my opinion. the energy lasts as long as the euphoria..... 15 mins. after that ur hearts still racing but you feel uncomfortable and like complete shit. even if i had energy after the euphoria wore off i wouldn't be able to do anything with it because of how bad i'd feel.