• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tomorrow is my first day off in two and a half years.

KillSurfCity

Bluelighter
well...it's been a long time coming. i have been taking around 80-100mg(40-50 mg morning and evening) of oxycodone every day for two and a half years and tomorrow looks like the first dry day i have had since my habit formed. the GOOD news is as follows; i have procured two 8mg/2mg buprenorphine/naloxone strips and i also have about eight 50mg pills of tramadol. now i know everyone is different but how would my fellow addicts here go about using such things tomorrow just to feel normal? i'm not looking to get high - i just want to feel "normal" (whatever that is. i do not really remember). just a minor setback but i am wondering how yall would go about using the substances i have at hand? how much suboxone should be enough to counteract the withdrawal of an 80mg daily habit? this is just tomorrow...may actually be kind of nice to have a sober day (yeah right). how would you all go about doing this? any input is appreciated and since we are not supposed to ask for dosing "advice" i just want to know what you personally would do. :)

You will be totally fine with two subs...doing a quick sub taper are some of the easiest detoxes that l have done.

The problem is before starting the bupe you need to be in the full WD.
So if you're just going to be off the oxycodone for one day you might not be able to take the bupe at all..
I'm not very experienced with buprenorphine, maybe someone who is more familiar with it can chip in?

The problem is before starting the bupe you need to be in the full WD.
So if you're just going to be off the oxycodone for one day you might not be able to take the bupe at all..
I'm not very experienced with buprenorphine, maybe someone who is more familiar with it can chip in?

Pretty much this. You need to wait until you're in full withdrawal or you'll go into precipitated withdrawal which is supposed to be worse than the worst of normal withdrawal and it hits you all at once. I never got it myself but I was careful. I was prescribed Subxoone for 6 months or so.

actually you can just dose very small (under 1mg) amounts of bupe every 2 hours and wean your receptors off the oxy and onto the bupe.

ive done it and known many other people on MMT that have done it without a hint of withdrawal.

well shit, i had been holding half of a strip under my tongue for about 4 minutes (4mg) when i read this and i tried to spit it out real fast but no strip came out. i'm guessing i got at least 2-3 mg of the dose into my system by the time i saw your posts. hopefully i do not get precipitated withdrawal! :( that was about 15 minutes ago. it's 9:50 PM. i guess i should know by 10:15 - 10:20 if i am going to go into immediate withdrawal. my last dose was 6:30 PM last night 50mg roxy.

well...it's 10:30 now. no sign of precipitated withdrawals. already bored as shit. hope i can score some oxy later this evening. EL OH EL. happy trails, kiddos!

i don't think you all realize what i am saying. i took the oxy yesterday evening and got damn high. i took the sub today.

Pretty sure he understand what you are saying. I believe the comment was because you said you hopped to score some more oxycodone tonight and while you already took subs today it would be pointless. So,the suggestion was to wait 24 hours before taking the oxy.

Pretty sure he understand what you are saying. I believe the comment was because you said you hopped to score some more oxycodone tonight and while you already took subs today it would be pointless.

OHHH okay. this i know. now, like i said i probably got about 2mg of the sub into my system this morning at 930. put 4mg worth under my tongue, sat on the toilet, and got on bluelight on my phone. swallowed my spit once about 2 minutes after putting the sub in my mouth (it's likely i actually received all 4 mg but i may have lost one or two when i spit what was under my tongue back out after reading that i may have been putting myself into PWD).
let's say that IN THEORY i took 3 mg sub total at 9:30 this morning....how long should that stave off withdrawals? normally i would be on the verge of withdrawals (if not already experiencing them to a small degree) by now and i feel fine so i think the sub is doing what it is supposed to do. now my next question is, how long will those 3mg last in my system (estimated, of course)? should i straight up just not dose any other opioids (oxy, hydro, etc.) after i score until i start feeling definite withdrawals? i don't want to waste my money.
ps - i did not pay anything for the subs so don't tell me i ALREADY wasted my money, ya bunch of smarties.

Last edited:
now reflecting...i don't think i got much of it in my system because my stomach is starting to cramp and i'm getting some other classic WD symptoms (feel like my guts are being stirred with a hot stick) ....i hope it isn't working because i just scored a couple Oxy that i would like to partake in tonite but i don't want to waste them. so let's still go assuming i took 2mg sub at 9:30 AM...if i dose say 12 hours from then, 9:30 PM, do yall think i would be wasting it?

well...i guess i didn't do TOO much sub this morning. started farting a lot and such about an hour and a half ago and blew 60mg oxy 20 minutes ago. high flying. good experiment. now i know i probably only need to take maybe 1/6th of a sub in the morning to combat withdrawals and i can get high by the evening time. neat. thanks for your help, everyone.

wait until you're in bad withdrawals before you do subs and wait at least 24 hours even if you are withdrawing before 24 hours is up i'd still wait to be safe

i did not have any problem getting off 12 hours after my sub dose. no reduced effects. nothing. i have a mega-high metabolism. that may have something to do with it.

also, i experienced no PWD after doing oxy the night before at 6PM and doing sub at 9ish the following morning. maybe i just have a perfectly wired brain? hah.