• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs JWH-018 and other synthetic cannabinoids are not worth it!

Tii

Bluelighter
Spice and other herbal blends are honestly not worth it. The high is short lived often leading users to binges. Newer herbal blends are less potent and tolerance builds up fast leading to psychical and psychological addiction. I've only smoked these blends a few times mostly because of peer pressure; I've never bought a vial for myself. These blends can cause death,brain damage, and damage to the CB1 and CB2 receptors on the brain, these receptors are responsible for producing the "high" marijuana gives. However these synthetic chemicals primarily work on the CB2 receptors

new threads need to be either a question or a very informative post (IV technique etc) , this I am afraid is not. This is more blog material.

inb4close :D

However these synthetic chemicals primarily work on the CB2 receptors

Actually the most popular ones have very high CB1 affinity; much higher than THC itself.

Some of the RC cannabinoids have higher CB2 affinity but these aren't going to catch on in popularity as much.

Yer i am confused are you opening this up for discussion?

I have had good experiences jwh-018 but have heard it has some likely carcinogenic properties, and no longer term studies have been conducted to prove or disapprove this.

If people with good chemistry information then maybe you have opened up a discussion, a little strange though to start a thread as a rant at least give us a question haha.

I must add that i stopped buying it due to fear of maybe being horribly toxic which might be hypocritical considering other drugs i use but non the less i just couldnt find comprehensive info i would either like to know for sure i am slowly killing myself then not at all, Is that strange ???

i dunno i found jwh-210 and am-2201 to be worth it, fucking amazing high. I like how people take this whole 'spice is bad' thing and take it the wrong way. These beautiful cannabinoids just need to be treated with respect and knowledge. Smoking random blends is stupid but smoking jwh-018 or whatever is just as risky as taking any other research chemical.

My own experience with synthetic cannabinoids was not good. I began using them (beginning with JWH-018 and ending with JWH-210) because buying the pure powder was more economical than using real marijuana. For me, I think what made it so tempting to use constantly was the route of administration. Vaping powder off of aluminum foil leaves no smell, and you can do it anywhere - at home, at work, at school, at a friend's house, and no one has to know. You can also take huge doses quickly and without your lungs feeling like they're on fire. Quitting was not fun. I couldn't eat, on the rare occasions that I had an appetite, the smell of food made me too nauseous to eat more than a few bites, and I couldn't sleep. I've never gone through a "real" withdrawal before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was not fun. When I've quit smoking marijuana in the past, I never felt any kind of negative symptoms other than wanting to be high. I have no idea whether it's the ability to take large doses and build a high tolerance more quickly that causes these negative symptoms or if it's the chemical itself, but never again.

I think the problem with all of these synthetic cannabinoids is that they haven't been tested nearly long enough in a controled clinical setting. And without that you only really have reports of various people online as to their long term consequences. I'm sure we will eventually find a safe synthetic cannabinoid (at least as safe as weed anyway), but if we want that to happen soon much more research is going to have to go that way. And research costs. This combined with the fact that drug companies don't want to spent lots of money to make a safe thc alternative (what would be the point, it's gonna get banned anyway). And we are where we are. Lots of compounds with cb1 and cb2 affinities but not much in the way of long term double blind studies on long term effects. Same goes for a lot of RCs as well.

Some might know lipinskis rule of 5. Just read that jwh-018 has a Log p of 6,9. Dont know why they still bother to bring out patents filled with this crappy compunds and claim they might have medicinal Potential. Sheer boredom i suspect...

Funny bump from 2013 there @izo haha.

I actually smoked this stuff pretty frequently along with a dozen other variations I can't remember the name of. I remember atleast one of them caused kidney damage. Terrible shit. I smoked some weed in vietnam that was laced with it - had full on closed eye visuals that were bleeding into open eye visuals when it was dark. Like I had dropped half a tab of acid.

Never had any physical damage from this class of compounds, went through around 16g of this vile stuff. It got better with Butyl and N-propyl indoles but these were made available just recently to me.