• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

I took 4mg of etiz last night (very benzo tolerant) only slept 4 hours all broken up. Something has to give, i gotta go back up to my higher dosage, i haven't slept right in so long.. i wake myself up after only sleeping 2 hours by yelling in my sleep and sitting up quickly as if i were about to have to defend myself from something or someone. My dreams are so vivid that i can't believe they aren't real, i need the benzos to get rid of my REM sleep so i can stop having these problems.
Anyone know of other meds that could do that? Preferably no addicting ones?

Do you suffer from nightmares? Thats a crazy dose man.... Maybe you should considering tapering off benzos. Yeah I know maybe I should consider tapering off opiates. You say tomato, I say toEmato.

Promethazine can be good for sleep. Hydroxyzine is pretty good too if you don't like anticholinergics.

^ shitty. but funny at the same time.
i woke up in the back of some kids truck when i was 15, i guess i met him the night before.. i donno, he ended up becoming my connect for dope after that though.
the universe works in crazy ways. especially when you don't remember making the decisions that got you where you woke up lol.

Do you suffer from nightmares? Thats a crazy dose man.... Maybe you should considering tapering off benzos. Yeah I know maybe I should consider tapering off opiates. You say tomato, I say toEmato.

Promethazine can be good for sleep. Hydroxyzine is pretty good too if you don't like anticholinergics.

I actually take 200mg hydroxyzine a day 50mg 4x day and promethazine 25mg 2x day perphenazine 4mg 3x day guanficine 1mg 2x day and try to only take 4mg etiz a day usually 2mg am and 2mg pm but sometimes i need more and can't help it.
I also drink and have been starting to take a little phenibut to help with leg pain from either something wrong with me, or PAWS from opiate wds that have lasted 2 years.

i am tapering.. was at 10mg a day, been addicted to them for half my life along with opiates that i finally (hopefully) beat for good.

I don't know if i want to beat opiates to be honest. Their too much fun. Especially when you get the goods from oral dosing alone. Never had to IV, doubt I ever will :)

^ shitty. but funny at the same time.
i woke up in the back of some kids truck when i was 15, i guess i met him the night before.. i donno, he ended up becoming my connect for dope after that though.
the universe works in crazy ways. especially when you don't remember making the decisions that got you where you woke up lol.

I remember something similar happening to me in prison :O

^ been there too.
only thing you have to try to figure out what happened is the police report which you know is half bullshit, then you find out who you were with when whatever went down happened and you don't wanna believe them either. funny but not at the same time, kinda scary.

doubledeezy-honestly you are taking phenibut for leg pain?what gave you that idea?u seem to just be switching meds or drugs from the looks of it..if you are taking these meds for long lasting opiate Paws, trust me you will enter a state where you dont know which med is causing what effect or withdrawal..its a never ending process..your best bet is to find some gabapentin, a handful and take them for 4-5 days..they are great for benzo withdrawal..

^ was on gabapentin and it worked but my dr took me off it, phenibut is very similar.. that is why i started that when the gabapentin was taken from me. The leg pain is messed up nerves and muscles that were injured a while ago, my back has a degenerative disk. I use gaba type meds for anxiety, muscle relaxation and insomnia.

And the leg pain is most likely a result of an injury from when i was a child jumping off my garage about 20 times in one day.. don't ask why. I was young. My back and knees have been fucked since. That is the reason i started using opiates for pain, the benzos came along when my anxiety acted up and was diagnosed with schizo affective disorder.. the benzos help me greatly just being able to function in life, only reason my new dr doesn't want me on them like my old dr did was because he will not prescribe any controlled drug to anyone not just me and he doesn't want to be the reason someone gets addicted to something, even though I already was when I started seeing him. He won't even help me do a taper, he said im on my own with it.

EDIT: I've been off real opiates for almost 2 years like ive said, and off kratom for a month now. So i am making some progress.
My drinking has gone way down, to 2-3 beers instead of 6. My etiz is at about 4mg/day instead of 10mg.
I'm slowly doing it.. ive been addicted to all this for 10 years, im not gonna fix myself overnight.

Last edited:
@lolwhatzdrugs, I was prescribed Xanax legally for 2 years, used as prescribed then started to abuse them. I'll never be allowed NEAR a legally prescribed benzo again in my life, but I still have the same terrible anxiety that I had before starting the Xanax. Tried lots of other things for the anxiety...even the lowest possible dose of visteril puts me to sleep, and the neurontin stopped working for my anxiety when I started using it for my horrible sciatica. I'll just stay on the etiz. It works.

If all were the same exact price per mg, which would you guys prefer?
Brand name tablets (Etilaam/Etizest), 99% pure powder, or etiz in a liquid solution (etizolam in propylene glycol)?

It is time for me to get more etiz, and i have been taking the tablets (Etilaam and Etizest 1mg) but just found a vendor for the other 2 forms of it.. It all adds up to about the same price per mg, i do have a very good mg scale from when i was using phenazepam a couple years back so dosing the powder isn't a problem, plus i have 1ml syringes to measure doses of the liquid solution also.

I am just wondering which everyone prefers and maybe why?

I've been taking it a while and am tapering (just to lower my dosage so far, not ready to completely stop as of yet) so i am thinking it would be easiest to taper with the liquid solution.
Thoughts?

Brand name tablets (Etilaam/Etizest), 99% pure powder, or etiz in a liquid solution (etizolam in propylene glycol)?

It is time for me to get more etiz, and i have been taking the tablets (Etilaam and Etizest 1mg) but just found a vendor for the other 2 forms of it.. It all adds up to about the same price per mg, i do have a very good mg scale from when i was using phenazepam a couple years back so dosing the powder isn't a problem, plus i have 1ml syringes to measure doses of the liquid solution also.

I've been taking it a while and am tapering (just to lower my dosage so far, not ready to completely stop as of yet) so i am thinking it would be easiest to taper with the liquid solution.
Thoughts?

For price and potency being equal? The pills. However since that is generally not the case (the place I know of charges more for putting in PG) I'd choose the powder.

Thoughts?

Id go with the pills; saves you measuring out doses, you also know exactly what dose you are taking plus its made in a factory by a company so you don't have to second guess its purity or anything. As an added bonus all of its the same price per mg, so pills seem like the best option. Thats what I have used in the past (the pills).

Not bothered with these for soooo long - potency diminished to the point of bah! wtf! =D

Just want to make everyone aware of the possibility of Etizolam causing a false positive on drugs tests. Thankfully I decided to test myself at home prior to a real test that I have coming up in the near future. I tested positive for benzodiazepines and I can confirm without a doubt that I had ingested NO benzodiazepines for months. I also had not used any other substances such as Kava or Phenibut.

For this same reason I purchased a twelve panel urine test after ~2 months of use. I was at 5-8 mg/day before I abstained, luckily no WDs save some insomnia. Well, 2 day after abstaining from the etiz and after 78oz of water that day, my self test read a strong line for the negative on the benzo window.

I know that many immunoassays screen for oxazepam, and it is possible that the test I purchased was one of these, I wa unable to unearth any more specifics about the test other than a 200ng/ml sensitivity for benzos.

Conflicting information on test results lead me to believe that etizolam detection is a product of magnitude of use and the immunoassay employed. I suspect that if magnitude were high enough, unchanged drug excreted in the urine could trigger the positive.

Also, I don't know if a technician performing a GC/MS confirmation would know to look for etizolam. The absence of a phenyl ring and ease of oxidative degradation of the thiophene ring would not only cause very different retention times but a vastly different fragmentation pattern than traditional benzos.

When I switched to a diazepam taper from a massive etizolam habit around a year ago I took several UA's for the peace of mind of my Dr. None showed positive for benzos, and I was taking gargantuan amounts of etiz. He sent a sample away to a more equipped lab...negative. They searched high and low for the proper reference sample for GC/MS testing, but could find none. Maybe things have changed, but at that point there was no GC/MS no reference sample anywhere.