• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

A compounding pharmacy would be an unnecessary undue cost, one my insurance company wouldn't be too keen on likely. There is a tapering techinque using the PG solution where one does a tiny decrease daily, but as I'm still on the tablets I do the drop and wait to to stabilize.....may adjust once I switch to the PG solution, we'll see how it goes..

Ah, I wasn't aware there was a prescription diazepam PG solution available. That makes my point kinda moot, for benzodiazepines anyway.

I'm curious as to whether tiny daily reductions (a more linear decrease \ ) is less painful than a taper schedule that would resemble a set of stairs.

does anyone know of any interactions between eti and penicillin or metranidazole? I have looked online but cant find anything. i need a goodnights sleep. i havent taken one in months.

I'm on Doxycycline, although it's a different class to penicillin I haven't had any nasty side effects with my antibiotics.

I'm on Doxycycline, although it's a different class to penicillin I haven't had any nasty side effects with my antibiotics.

"traconazole and fluvoxamine slow down the rate of elimination of etizolam, leading to accumulation of etizolam, therefore increasing its pharmacological effects.[20][21] Carbamazepine speeds up the metabolism of etizolam, resulting in reduced pharmacological effects.[22]"

It seems that potent CYP3A4 inhibitors increase plasma concentrations (so inducers would reduce it).

Metronidazole's article doesn't mention interactions with CYP450 enzymes at all, it only says it has the ability to cause serotonin syndrome, and have a similar action with alcohol that disulfiram has (jesus don't drink on the stuff, if so).

Penicillin doesn't seem to have any enzyme interactions either, at least according to wikipedia.

I would guess that they have no interactions with etizolam, unless they have CYP3A4 interactions that wikipedia doesn't mention.

Just want to make everyone aware of the possibility of Etizolam causing a false positive on drugs tests. Thankfully I decided to test myself at home prior to a real test that I have coming up in the near future. I tested positive for benzodiazepines and I can confirm without a doubt that I had ingested NO benzodiazepines for months. I also had not used any other substances such as Kava or Phenibut.

Now, I am sure that the GC/MS will confirm a false positive, but this is a potentially scary situation for those who may end up locked up/employment temporarily terminated until a GC/MS can confirm. I will follow up with the results of the GC/MS.

Just want to make everyone aware of the possibility of Etizolam causing a false positive on drugs tests. Thankfully I decided to test myself at home prior to a real test that I have coming up in the near future. I tested positive for benzodiazepines and I can confirm without a doubt that I had ingested NO benzodiazepines for months. I also had not used any other substances such as Kava or Phenibut.

Now, I am sure that the GC/MS will confirm a false positive, but this is a potentially scary situation for those who may end up locked up/employment temporarily terminated until a GC/MS can confirm. I will follow up with the results of the GC/MS.

Wouldn't the GC/MS merely confirm a false positive for benzodiazepines and a positive for theinodiazepines?

I've heard people bragging about taking Etiz and passing there drug tests, obv getting tested for benzos.

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread all the way from the beginning and it took me a long time, damn. But I just wanted to chime in here and say that the FIRST drug I was ever addicted to was Xanax, and I abused the fuck out of it. I was using it AS PRESCRIBED for nearly 2 years before I began to abuse it though. It's my doctor's fault in a way, Xanax is NOT a drug that is meant to be prescribed for that length of time and she kept handing out the scripts like candy. But soon I began to doctor-shop and I was getting multiple prescriptions. I had black outs and did some things that I am ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED of (example: I took a bar of Xanax, drove somewhere with my daughter, arrived home, and forgot to get her out of the car. It was a hot day too. Thank GOD I had sane people around me who saw what I did and got her immediately but when confronted I had no memory, and STILL have no memory, of this event.)

I was put into detox and rehab for Xanax addiction and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to kick (and I've gone through opiate WD several times by now, and I STILL think it's a piece of cake compared to benzo WD.) However the underlying problem was still there: my TERRIBLE, CRIPPLING anxiety. I've let the doctors try to treat it, with Buspar, antidepressants, and Neurontin (which I love but doesn't do much for me anymore, except for my sciatica, really helps there) and finally decided to go back on "benzos:" THIS med. So I've been cautiously self-medicating. Yes, every day. 1 mg 3 times a day: morning, mid-day, and evening, I try to dose 6 hours apart. I've decided I'm just going to stay on these things until my insurance comes back and I can talk to a pdoc. Or I might just stay on them forever. They have no recreational value for me, so no danger of taking too much and blacking out (I think.) By that I mean that I feel no euphoria. None. Just anxiety relief. And for that it works. And very well, too.

Just one question: I just got a new order from [NO SOURCES] and they accidentally sent me a blister packet of the mouth dissolving kind. I've never used that kind before, what are the instructions for use? I opened it by accident (one blister) and saw what it was, so it's still sitting on my desk. I took one of the blue ones by mouth for my usual dose but I don't want these mouth dissolving ones to go to waste. I don't have a whole lot of money and most of my money goes toward taking care of my opiate addiction, unfortunately. (Prescribed 10 mg oxy by my pain doc; up a bump from the 5 mg I was getting before, but it's too soon to fill it and I need to feed the addiction in the meantime. I had nothing left but some poppy stems so I cut them up and made tea and also made use of all the poppy seeds I've collected from getting poppies. But dosed loperamide first thing in the morning and then roughly 6 PM, and no WD symptoms other than mild headache and nausea. And my new order of poppies finally came in, so I should make it to my next script just fine :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Etilaam-MD, which is what you have, is just 1MG Etizolam in an easily dissolvable pill. It's good for sublingual (re: under the tongue) or you can just take it normally.

I've been taking 1mg in the morning and again at night for about three weeks now, and I've noticed no decrease in anxiolytic effects yet.

If anything, I feel a little tired in between doses. No rebound anxiety, etc.

I find personally find Etizolam far superior to Alprazolam for treating my GAD, but not quite as good as clonazepam.

^ I tapered from 10mg throughout the day to just 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Seems to work ok, but in the middle of the day i find myself waiting for my nighttime dose. My days are long though, i get almost no sleep. Never really have my whole life either, I have had bags under my eyes since I was 8 or so. Even if I can manage to get 6 hours of sleep i still wake up just as tired as before i slept... i donno why im saying all this but there's gotta be some way for me to rest in life.

Anyways, my Drs want me off the etizolam (of course) and won't give me any benzo or scheduled med for that matter for any reason. They just stack up the antipsychotics, alpha agonists and antihistamines on me.
I run out of etizolam soon, in the next month or so. My life is shit ATM but better than it was before the etiz.
Should I really taper off it totally and do what my drs want? I know it's addicting but ive been addicted to things especially benzos and opiates for more than half my life (off opiates now, donno how long it'll last this time). I know i'll go back to opiates if i stop the etiz, and my drs dont want that either.. honestly i dont want to be on benzos or opiates at all but it's a mistake i made a long time ago and i gotta deal with it..

So, should I order more etiz while i can afford it and keep going how i am, or do what im told and wish for the best?
I'm a worthless paranoid anxious mess that can't even leave the house or play ball with my kids without the help of benzos.. my drs don't seem to get that.
I spent the ENTIRE last summer off everything and was in the house and did nothing the entire time, just suffered and thought i was going crazy (maybe i am lol).
I don't wanna waste another season, and i wanna be able to be a good dad and actually enjoy the coming good weather (if it ever does come) and not feel like my neighbors are talking shit behind my back like "its beautiful out, why won't he go outside?"
Ugh, this is hopeless.. either i do what i feel i need to do, or risk my drs threatening me to be kicked outta their practice again.. the only reason i can still go is because i have been tapering the etiz and told them i would come off it because they wont help me with my other needs if i "continue to be my own pharmacist" as they would say.

advice?

I probaly shouldn't say this but etilozam doesn't show up on a drug test (up to 10 panel) I went to my piss tests for suboxone, which was a 10 panel, and they never said anything about it. They have mentioned weed, but they weren't concerned about it, but benzos on suboxone is a big no no. I don't know what kind of test you're getting but if you lie and don't look fucked up then you'll be good IMO.

blood testing.. and they know what to look for since i've told them i was taking it unfortunately.. im honest with my drs and everyone in general, and it has done nothing but kick me in the ass my whole life lol.

blood testing.. and they know what to look for since i've told them i was taking it unfortunately.. im honest with my drs and everyone in general, and it has done nothing but kick me in the ass my whole life lol.

Maybe buy some more, taper it. and get off a few days before you see your docs, tell them you're going down that route, and get the other drugs, and try them out a little, and if it doesn't work drop em' and continue what works best for you, and is the safest. If you can function on etizolam, and not on what they give you then go with the etiz.

I don't know about you, but I'm fuck all for staying on the etizolam as long as it doesn't cause me any crazy side effects. I got the eye twitches and I don't care, if they get really bad I'll go and get Botox, I want to do that anyway because I'm a woman getting into the middle ages and Botox sounds good to me anyway! And I've had sleep paralysis once or twice and I don't even care about THAT, it's scary but you can get it anyway without the etiz, just having my medical conditions (such as bipolar) can make you have that...and my husband's cousin is a sleep doc and I can get a sleep study done for free, and get that taken care of if I need to...I'll stay on the etizolam on low doses the rest of my life if it takes care of my crippling anxiety so long as I'm not abusing it and I never use more than 1-2 mg at a time. I almost never use more than 5 mg in 1 day (usually 2 mg in the morning and 2 at night and maybe 1 sometime in the middle. If I have a REALLY bad day it might be 2mg morning, mid-day, then night, but that's it.)

I don't know about you, but I'm fuck all for staying on the etizolam as long as it doesn't cause me any crazy side effects. I got the eye twitches and I don't care, if they get really bad I'll go and get Botox, I want to do that anyway because I'm a woman getting into the middle ages and Botox sounds good to me anyway! And I've had sleep paralysis once or twice and I don't even care about THAT, it's scary but you can get it anyway without the etiz, just having my medical conditions (such as bipolar) can make you have that...and my husband's cousin is a sleep doc and I can get a sleep study done for free, and get that taken care of if I need to...I'll stay on the etizolam on low doses the rest of my life if it takes care of my crippling anxiety so long as I'm not abusing it and I never use more than 1-2 mg at a time. I almost never use more than 5 mg in 1 day (usually 2 mg in the morning and 2 at night and maybe 1 sometime in the middle. If I have a REALLY bad day it might be 2mg morning, mid-day, then night, but that's it.)

If that is what it takes for you to function. Does etizolam just work better than any benzos you could be prescribed legitimately?

What I don't understand is why there aren't specialized compounding pharmacies that will make you up a "taper series" of benzos. With analytical scales or volumetric measurement (dropped onto discrete piles of inert filler and put into capsules), or whatever way. It would seem to be of trivial difficulty, but require a bit of effort. Then instead of 10-20% every 14 days, it could be more like .25% a day, or less/more as needed. I would think that a slower and more linear reduction of diazepam would maybe take longer, but be less perceptible? Are my assumptions incorrect? It would also be easier to manage as you would always only be taking one pill a day, and the measurements would be exact. Splitting pills/cutting up strips (suboxone) are not very exact ways to go about it.

It should not be that dependency forming pharmaceuticals are easy to get you on, but not have any very specific options for a pleasant cessation? Does this not exist because of the places I've read that benzodiazepines are ineffective after more than a week or two? Just one or compounding pharmacies in every major city would be plenty to fill the demand, you could even charge more for the effort it takes to do it, and the chance of liability if you or your employees fuck up a pill/dosage series.
Thats an awesome idea but it would mean the medical establishment admitting that benzo addiction is still an issue, which in turn would mean admitting the possibility that some docs are still over-prescribing or inappropiately prescribing.

Aurthorities dont like to admit that valued medicines have big culture of use on the streets.
Opiates are different case because the culture of illicit use was already present but the US still mantains that heroin doesnt have medical use despite it being the opiate of choice in uk hospitals

Bit im prob just a cynical git.lol

Thats an awesome idea but it would mean the medical establishment admitting that benzo addiction is still an issue, which in turn would mean admitting the possibility that some docs are still over-prescribing or inappropiately prescribing.

Aurthorities dont like to admit that valued medicines have big culture of use on the streets.
Opiates are different case because the culture of illicit use was already present but the US still mantains that heroin doesnt have medical use despite it being the opiate of choice in uk hospitals

Bit im prob just a cynical git.lol

I think the US made Heroin (Diamorphine) Schedule one was maybe the german stigma about it? Or just the stigma in general. I mean who needs heroin when you can use pure morphine, which has been the gold standard in US opioid analgesia for a long time.

I don't see any need for a painkiller stronger than Morphine, unless it's something terminal or so bad that Morphine doesn't cut it, but for me with Chronic back pain Morphine is the most ideal, I've had Oxy, but for the price I can get a 60mg MST for half the price of an OC40 so unless I was really wealthy I don't see the point.

Maybe if I had more experience with Oxy my opinion would be different I dno, also had Hydrocodone 15mg caps as well once, took 10 of them and they were defoe fake, just a shitload of Codeine put into size 00 capsules, the vendor is known for it, serious histamine reaction man bad experience.

I made a rather big booboo the other week and knecked 4mg etizolam (I'm benzo naive). Not my brightest moment kids!!