• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

I find Etizolam builds a tolerance very quickly if you use excessive doses. Or I should say, loses it's efficacy, because this goes away very quickly as well. It also has an interesting dose-response curve, that even more so than traditional benzos, less IS more.

I make the distinction because used long-term, in low doses (like .5-1mg) then it builds tolerance slowly. I've been taking Etizolam for a few years now and I still only take 1mg if I need to calm down or get to sleep.

I am thinking of getting some more Intas Etiz and trying 2mg with 10mg Zolpidem for sleep, my insomnia is just a pain in the arse now had it all my life,

Despite exercising nearly every day , working etc ,
I am still staring at the ceiling to all hours in the morning, weed kinda helps but I get hooked on it too easy and end up back in lazy stoner mode,

I think Etiz and Zolpidem combined would make a nice sleep aid.

Insomnia sounds horrific. I have only taken 1mg etiz at a time spaced out over months and it knocks me out! The first time I took 3 mg which caused a blackout. It was a silly move as I had never taken a benzo or sleeping pill before in my life. To people who are naive please proceed with caution!

yeah etiz is great stuff..i used 1 and a half mgs tonight and it stil packs a punch when it comes to anxiety relief..keep in mind i have used etiz almost daily for over a year so keeping tolerance down is without a doubt very possible..

Very possible if you don't go nuts with it and donthave a history with benzos! I did go nuts with it, and have too much history with benzos, and spent 2012 maintaining on 60 mg a day, some days going up to 100! I tapered down as far as I could (6mg) and got stuck. Switched to 60 mg diazepam with a sympathetic doctor who had never heard of etizolam, and almost a year later have gotten down to 10 mg diaz daily. Starting to get gritty! Benzos are a bitch and out my extensive history with iv heroin, coke, crack, meth, methadone, GBL, subs, PCP, and 1000 other substances benzos are my one real regret. Nasty things when abused I tells ye!

The more people abuse etiz the more likely it is to get banned. Probably not a good idea to tell your doc about it as its probably just another legal high to them

Very possible if you don't go nuts with it and donthave a history with benzos! I did go nuts with it, and have too much history with benzos, and spent 2012 maintaining on 60 mg a day, some days going up to 100! I tapered down as far as I could (6mg) and got stuck. Switched to 60 mg diazepam with a sympathetic doctor who had never heard of etizolam, and almost a year later have gotten down to 10 mg diaz daily. Starting to get gritty! Benzos are a bitch and out my extensive history with iv heroin, coke, crack, meth, methadone, GBL, subs, PCP, and 1000 other substances benzos are my one real regret. Nasty things when abused I tells ye!

im always curious about you benzo abusers that have high anxiety to begin with, hence the benzo use..what happens when you finally get off benzos?do you expect therapy and exercise will get rid of the anxiety then or you will just find a way to live with it?

The more people abuse etiz the more likely it is to get banned. Probably not a good idea to tell your doc about it as its probably just another legal high to them

In some circumstances, sure...but my doc ain't any doc...he's quite an adovocate of the use of psychedelics as therapeutic tools, practices out of his home as he abhors the medical establishment, and is anti-prohibition. He is a gem :)

Edit- belfort- For me, rigorous exercise, therapy, yoga, and meditation have served as great anxiety tools in the past when I've been off benzos. I will do the same again this time. I ad been off benzos for a few years when I had the dumb idea etizolam would be a good idea...My anxiety was brought forth from PTSD inflicted by jack booted thugs fucking up my life and locking me in a cage a long time ago...

@belfort to answer your question in my situation, I have General Anxiety Disorder. Basically I have "triggers" that bring it on. When that happens my dr puts me on Prozac or zoloft and then will give me either Valium or klonopin. I was diagnosed in my 20s and have been on and off benzos for almost 20 years. Every time we have to go through the weaning process to avoid withdrawals. Withdrawals from benzos are hell on earth. The only problem I have right now is my dr will no longer prescribe Xanax at any dosage and it's the only benzo that will stop a panic attack in it's track so I have tried the etizolam and it didn't work for me at all. If you don't need benzos I would strongly suggest don't take them recreationally because before you know it you are physically and mentally addicted. JMO

Last edited:
amanitadine said:
Switched to 60 mg diazepam with a sympathetic doctor who had never heard of etizolam, and almost a year later have gotten down to 10 mg diaz daily. Starting to get gritty!

You should still be able to continue with your taper by reducing your dose by roughly 20 percent every two weeks or so (and not stepping down until the w/d from the previous step has abated). Near the end of this taper, you will be stepping down from an extremely low dose. Undertaking too sharp a taper can be counterproductive, as backsliding up to higher doses can make future decrements in dosage more difficult.

ebola

Yeah, it was relatively painless until 15 mg or so...I have an unfortunately long history with benzos, so the "kindling" effect is in full force. At this point 10% every two weeks is starting to get to be too much, whereas at the beginning doing the straight Ashton style was no problem...

Great drugs for certain issues acutely and "as needed"....chronically they wreak havoc on many an individual! Tis a lesson I should have learned long ago, but all I needed was the "less abuse potential and problems with dependance" re etizolam cited by a few papers and it was off to the races! Meh...

Yeah, it was relatively painless until 15 mg or so...I have an unfortunately long history with benzos, so the "kindling" effect is in full force. At this point 10% every two weeks is starting to get to be too much, whereas at the beginning doing the straight Ashton style was no problem...

Great drugs for certain issues acutely and "as needed"....chronically they wreak havoc on many an individual! Tis a lesson I should have learned long ago, but all I needed was the "less abuse potential and problems with dependance" re etizolam cited by a few papers and it was off to the races! Meh...

What I don't understand is why there aren't specialized compounding pharmacies that will make you up a "taper series" of benzos. With analytical scales or volumetric measurement (dropped onto discrete piles of inert filler and put into capsules), or whatever way. It would seem to be of trivial difficulty, but require a bit of effort. Then instead of 10-20% every 14 days, it could be more like .25% a day, or less/more as needed. I would think that a slower and more linear reduction of diazepam would maybe take longer, but be less perceptible? Are my assumptions incorrect? It would also be easier to manage as you would always only be taking one pill a day, and the measurements would be exact. Splitting pills/cutting up strips (suboxone) are not very exact ways to go about it.

It should not be that dependency forming pharmaceuticals are easy to get you on, but not have any very specific options for a pleasant cessation? Does this not exist because of the places I've read that benzodiazepines are ineffective after more than a week or two? Just one or compounding pharmacies in every major city would be plenty to fill the demand, you could even charge more for the effort it takes to do it, and the chance of liability if you or your employees fuck up a pill/dosage series.

Compounding 30 pills per month would cost fortunes in relatively expensive labor.

ebola

Compounding 30 pills per month would cost fortunes in relatively expensive labor.

ebola

I understand the additional expense, but I imagine many people would gladly pay a fee if it is actually efficacious in reducing/smoothing withdrawal symptoms.

Again, this need not even be compounded pills. Using a machine to measure out 30 vials of a liquid preparation of diazepam would be far easier.

I understand the additional expense, but I imagine many people would gladly pay a fee if it is actually efficacious in reducing/smoothing withdrawal symptoms.

Let's assume that the technician is paid $20/hr. . .the compounding could take several hours, but let's low-ball it and say 4. That's an additional $80 / month, assuming that the pharmacy is not trying to make additional profit off such services.

ebola

^
I only order one strip at a time.
If I ordered a large amount my lack of self control would come into play!lol
On the plus side it keeps tolerance down as well, im still at 2.5-3mg a night.
The great thing about etiz (ime) is that if you take a little too mouch, you just fall asleep and theres no classic benzo-esque blackout craziness.

This thought just came to mind and maybe some of you could shine some light on it. If a person who needs/wants to take benzo/thienodiazepines regularly, would they be able to utilize the (reported) lack of cross tolerance between the two to maintain anxiolytic effects in low doses (perhaps without becoming addicted) by regularly alternating between the two? I just thought it was interesting that chemicals with such similar structures and functions lacked cross tolerance and maybe there could be some benefit to derive from this. I've never been addicted to benzo type drugs and lack significant information, but I know tolerance and withdrawal can become quite devastating with them and maybe this could help, at least to some degree.

Let's assume that the technician is paid $20/hr. . .the compounding could take several hours, but let's low-ball it and say 4. That's an additional $80 / month, assuming that the pharmacy is not trying to make additional profit off such services.

ebola

I get what you're saying.

It's my belief that if it was implemented correctly, and known among doctors, a workflow and formulation could be created that takes far less time than that to compound, particularly compounding pre-measured and low dose liquid into vials. But this has gone a bit off topic.

Beliefs don't matter, it's what's practical in the real world, and fulfills your objective as a pharmacy. Since pharmacies aren't there to specifically remove people from medications, it probably is the farthest thing from their minds, especially the mainstream pharmacies (large grocery stores/cvs/walgreens).

^
On the plus side it keeps tolerance down as well, im still at 2.5-3mg a night.
The great thing about etiz (ime) is that if you take a little too mouch, you just fall asleep and theres no classic benzo-esque blackout craziness.

I suggest you be careful, or you're going to end up with a dependency, and a blackout.

Please volumetrically dose your etizolam. Despite what you say, etizolam is very capable at producing blackouts in higher doses. It just seems to have a bit more margin for error than some benzos, but that may be illusionary.

This thought just came to mind and maybe some of you could shine some light on it. If a person who needs/wants to take benzo/thienodiazepines regularly, would they be able to utilize the (reported) lack of cross tolerance between the two to maintain anxiolytic effects in low doses (perhaps without becoming addicted) by regularly alternating between the two? I just thought it was interesting that chemicals with such similar structures and functions lacked cross tolerance and maybe there could be some benefit to derive from this. I've never been addicted to benzo type drugs and lack significant information, but I know tolerance and withdrawal can become quite devastating with them and maybe this could help, at least to some degree.

Plenty if cross tolerance between benzos and etizolam! Not sure where that came from....

Re compounding pharmacies....not so much an issue, as diazepam is so "weak" compared to newer benzos..ie, 1 mg clonazepam being roughly equal to 20mg diazepam, and diazepam being available in 10, 5, and 2 mg tablets, as well as in various concentrations in a PG solution. A compounding pharmacy would be an unnecessary undue cost, one my insurance company wouldn't be too keen on likely. There is a tapering techinque using the PG solution where one does a tiny decrease daily, but as I'm still on the tablets I do the drop and wait to to stabilize.....may adjust once I switch to the PG solution, we'll see how it goes..

does anyone know of any interactions between eti and penicillin or metranidazole? I have looked online but cant find anything. i need a goodnights sleep. i havent taken one in months.

Last edited: