• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

Oh the blackout stories are very much real, sadly there's no telling what happens during these blackouts. One time I got a hold of a full script of 1mg xanax footballs and the next thing I know I came to with a trashed house and mustard squirted all over the inside of my fridge lol. It's really scary when you think about it, you could murder someone in this state and wake up with a life-sentence... now my question is do you believe this person should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law? On one hand this person is responsible for killing someone but on the other this person could be harmless and didn't consciously commit the crime. As for sex drive I find that benzos make me horny in the same way alcohol would but if I start using with any regularity my sex drive takes a poop.

To the poster above I'm really surprised you got zero effects, it's gotta be your previous benzo tolerance I guess. What was your dose of etiz and would you say you have a benzo tolerance?

I'm also surprised to hear that etizolam did nothing for you, Rebelee.

Also, it's mystifying (not to mention infuriating) the way doctors will change your meds around. Valium and Klonopin are good for GAD, but they're take too long to start working to be useful against a serious panic attack. And why would she prescribe long-acting benzos for acute panic attacks?

It's too bad that etizolam didn't work... but there's something not right about that. Etizolam is not weak, and most people regard it as being very effective and fast acting so it should be perfect for panic attacks. How much did you take? Also, is there much chance that you got dud pills?

To Belfort:
.what exactly do you guys do during these benzo blackouts do you think?is it like opiates where you sit back and nod out, just watch tv or are you actually driving places and doing things?

I don't know what I did during my few true blackouts, because it is a total memory wipe. It's not like being very drunk and having only hazy memories of the night before and how/when you got home. It's like after a point (I remember the last thing I did was open a beer and started drinking - that's asking for trouble) there is simply nothing there. I didn't do anything weird or out of character (I know this because my girlfriend was with me the whole time), but it still creeped me out big time the next day. Eight hours of my life gone forever.

Yes I have a high tolerance for benzos. I've been off and on them for almost 20 years. I've always found it strange though how at one point I had no benzos for 3 years and as soon as I got my script filled for Valium it was like my tolerance was at the same level as it had been 3 years earlier.

I'm also surprised to hear that etizolam did nothing for you, Rebelee.

Also, it's mystifying (not to mention infuriating) the way doctors will change your meds around. Valium and Klonopin are good for GAD, but they're take too long to start working to be useful against a serious panic attack. And why would she prescribe long-acting benzos for acute panic attacks?

It's too bad that etizolam didn't work... but there's something not right about that. Etizolam is not weak, and most people regard it as being very effective and fast acting so it should be perfect for panic attacks. How much did you take? Also, is there much chance that you got dud pills?

I don't know if I got duds or not. They were pink in blister packs almost the shape of a football (I can't say where I got them right?) the brand was Consern Pharma. I started with just one and went to four at a time after that I just figured they just don't work for me. I have no idea why my GP won't prescribe me anything other than Valium or klonopin. There are 4 or 5 docs in that office and none of them will prescribe Xanax. Again it is the only benzo that will stop one if my panic attacks in it's tracks but she still won't prescribe even the lowest dosage. It's frustrating.

what exactly do you guys do during these benzo blackouts do you think?

Based on what my friends & family tell me - pretty much everything I do when I'm drunk but without the loss of coordination. You pretty much look like a retard since you won't look or smell drunk. I've stolen shit from stores, called ex-girlfriends, crashed a few cars, and ran from some cops all while blacked out.

It's not like being very drunk and having only hazy memories of the night before and how/when you got home. It's like after a point (I remember the last thing I did was open a beer and started drinking - that's asking for trouble) there is simply nothing there.

Exactly why I can't take benzo's at work. The following week after a binge I'll have all new customers and appointments scheduled and it's like these people don't exist in my mind even though I had met them and talked business with them just the week before. I look like an idiot when I have a client come in and start talking to me and I'll have no idea that we spent 2 hours together at a lunch meeting the previous week.

Just make sure you don't make a habit of dosing every day. I've been dosing daily for just over a year and it is by far the hardest addiction I've had the displeasure of trying to kick.

Etizolam is the hardest addiction you've tried to kick? I'm just asking for clarification purposes :). I've tried them and had no reaction to them at all. The most I took at one time was four and still nothing so I'm assuming they just don't work for me. If you don't mind me asking how many were you taking a day and have you taken other benzos?

regarding the blackouts - etizolam in semi sane doses and not mixed with stupid amounts of alcohol never caused that. huge doses (30mg+) + alcohol (half a bottle of vodka or more) did

regarding the sex drive - yeah, much lower, everything still works, but you just don't feel like doing it

Etizolam is the hardest addiction you've tried to kick? I'm just asking for clarification purposes :). I've tried them and had no reaction to them at all. The most I took at one time was four and still nothing so I'm assuming they just don't work for me. If you don't mind me asking how many were you taking a day and have you taken other benzos?

try giving one or two to a friend, maybe you got crap

Etizolam is weird in that sometimes I would take maybe 10mg and be fully aware and it wasn't doing much and other times 4mg would make be blackout completely. It's starts to loose it's charm after that.

^^i aso find it bizarre, actually at first i didnt believe some of the etiz blackout stories where someone would take 2 mgs and end up draining 3 blisters in a night..they wouldnt remember anything the next day but theyd see empty blister packs so they obviously took them lol..i thought they were just trying to justify their sloppiness if that makes sense but now i believe in this..i have a question that cannot be answered now though lol..what exactly do you guys do during these benzo blackouts do you think?is it like opiates where you sit back and nod out, just watch tv or are you actually driving places and doing things?

its bad i just talked to a woman in her early 40s, spent the last 12 years on klonopin, told me she barely remembers ANY of it, just tiny pieces..im like damn..

first time i did it i drain ed 2 blisters in 4 days and then ordered 4 more. i dont remember going to my outpatient groups, or my couseling sesh, taking my drug test. nothing. my mom knew somehting was up but was'nt sure cuz i dont drink or do opies and she knows weed and subs wont do that.

as to what i do. idk. i was on unemployment at the time so just BL, eat more pills, blare music, munch and not remember shit. pretty scary.

my 3 blisters came in today and i just ate 1 and i feel content and no urge to redose for a couple more hours and even then its only 1 mg and then ill do 1mg at bedtime. it helps that im not on unemployment on these things cuz when you have to drive things and be on your toes at work i dont wanna fuck up and eat to many so i just bring 1 to eat when i get there and when i get home i dose no more then 2mgs through the night, especially if i got outpatient that night. if i got shit to do and am out then i have to space my dosing cuz i dont bring any to work or shit like that and i always keep it low before i go out, unless im already blacked out

and my IOP knows i blacke out. when i came into group on a monday after eating the last of my blisters the night before i got asked howq my week was and the first thing i said was "i dont remember" and procedded to rat myself out but they cant do shit about it off just my word sice they dont show up in a 10 panel drug screen. i told her i wouldnt do it again but here we are. just not gonna black out this time

Yes I have a high tolerance for benzos. I've been off and on them for almost 20 years. I've always found it strange though how at one point I had no benzos for 3 years and as soon as I got my script filled for Valium it was like my tolerance was at the same level as it had been 3 years earlier.

A while back I remember reading a post from a VERY smart BL member (might've been murple but I could be wrong) saying that benzo tolerance is actually permanent and he then went on to explain why but I totally forgot, either way benzo tolerance is notorious for lasting for really long periods of time. There was one time however where I bought those shitty etilaam mouth dissolving tabs and I had to eat like 5 to get to where 2 etizest would get me, this is with zero tolerance btw. You definately should be able to get some sort of effect with higher dosing unless you were eating 100+mgs of valium or you got a shitty batch (which has happened a couple times when ordering etilaam, etizest has better quality control IME), etizolam isn't very weak like the other shitty benzos available over the web (legally).

I don't believe it to be permanent (maybe in cases of years and years of extreme doses), but it does drop very slowly and once you've had it comes back fast. This is all anecdotal from my personal experience.

I've never had a real benzo tolerance so I wouldn't know, I was just parroting what I read so it shouldn't be taken as fact. However, my brother who was a mean xanax addict maybe 8 or so years ago still can't feel shit off benzos so there may be some truth to this, either way the tolerance lasts a long fucking time. The poster who made this statement is a very smart and well respected BL member and he had really good reasoning.

I abused etiz pretty heavily last year, saw that it was just stupid and stopped (tolerance was such that I could eat them like candy, drink and still not black out). Now I still like and use benzos but not regularly both because I don't want to go down that path again and because while my tolerance is normal (or very close to it) for the first couple of days it quickly starts growing.

Last edited:
In search of the post I'm reffering to this was what I found...

Originally Posted by djsim

BTW, for those interested in knowing how benzo tolerance develops (I have 5 minutes to spare, so why not share....):

The GABA-A receptor is an ion channel which has an orthosteric site which binds GABA and a number of allosteric sites. When GABA binds to the orthosteric site the channel opens briefly allowing an influx of Cl- ions into the neuron causing hyperpolarisation (inhibition of neuronal firing). Allosteric sites bind modulators such as benzos which potentiates the channel-opening effect of GABA.

The ion channel consists of 5 subunits (pentameric); 2 alpha subunits, 2 beta subunits and a gamma subunit. The benzo allosteric site is at the alpha-gamma subunit interface, and it is here that benzos stick to the complex and in doing so, change the shape of the GABA-A receptor enough so that it is now more efficient at allowing Cl-influx, but only when endogenous GABA binds to the orthosteric site. What this means is that on their own, benzos have no effect; they need the endogenous GABA to have their effect (this is what makes benzos so safe on their own).

Benzo tolerance probably arises when the neuron attempts to counteract the benzos action by changing the protein subunits that make up the GABA-A ion channel. When there is no longer an alpha and a gamma subunit next to each other, the benzo allosteric site no longer exists. This explains why there is incomplete cross tolerance between barbs, z-drugs (like zolpidem), and benzos.

Class dismissed!

And here's captain heroin's response:

"In essence - as you use benzos of an extended period of time, your alpha and gamma sub units of the GABA receptors in your brain will begin to dissociate, causing near permanent to permanent benzo tolerance.
This is why people who have taken benzos daily for a long time get absolutely no euphoria from them.

When you take benzos very, very infrequently (once a month or less frequently) you can get fairly high from them."

This sounds resonable. I guess I didn't abuse them long enough that recovery would have been impossible.

I'm guessing this mainly applies to those who dose daily for years at a time, must suck to permanently ruin a drug though. I think dissociatives have a similar tolerance problem where it's either really long lasting or permanent but again, I don't have a high dissociative tolerance so I wouldn't know, just going on what heavy users report.

I have a massive benzo tolerance and the first time I took 3mg of Intas Etiz I felt high, happy, sociable, total anxiety killer, kinda like an upbeat codeine or a strong sativa weed without the anxiety, but despite people saying that Etiz takes a long time to build up tolerance, it certainly didn't for me, I only messed around with em for a short time and I could take 10mg with Codeine and weed and still have heavy duty Insomnia.

^^jesus, 10 mgs of etiz with codeine and still no sleep?i have never and will never take over 4 mgs at once..

^^jesus, 10 mgs of etiz with codeine and still no sleep?i have never and will never take over 4 mgs at once..

That's tolerance for ya mate, the only Benzo that can knock me out that I have tried is Clonazepam and at that it would need to be at least 8mg.