• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

so I have had problems abusing etizolam.. but if someone holds them for me.. im ok... Im getting horrible RLS coming off kratom.. I need to fight it without using xanax (my prefferred benzo I abuse... plus it takes TOO much to work for RLS... like WAY too much...)... so.. think 30 mgs would be good for the next week I think this may continue?

^BE CAREFUL. I tried to use etizolam to fight insomnia when coming off of kratom and ended up taking ~4mgs every night for 6 months. A year and several stim/ mxe binges later I'm now trying to taper off of ~ 8mgs a day

Ive had a few day binges on etizolam.. but never several weeks of use or anything.. such as xanax.. etc

I'm a big fan of alcohol, drinking four, sometimes five nights a week. I've only tried Valium once, for a surgery (and under it's influence told my mom about ALL of my drug use and didn't remember hah...) but the feelings it gave me were amazing, as if I was in a dream. Does Etizolam compare at all? Does it hold any recreational value?

I realize benzos are addictive, and I'm hoping I can regulate any use like I have with tobacco (I smoke maybe 1 pack a year, yet I enjoy tobacco a great deal).

Last edited:
[removed]

^no problem man! Welcome to bluelight.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to recreational use I generally prefer etiz over most of the traditional benzos. It seems to have a slight hint of euphoria that the others lack. It's also much harder to black out on etiz, leaving a bigger margin for error. I can eat 10mgs of etiz in a day without experiencing any memory loss where as 5mgs of xanax usually causes me to black out for the better part on an evening

When it comes to recreational use I generally prefer etiz over most of the traditional benzos. It seems to have a slight hint of euphoria that the others lack. It's also much harder to black out on etiz, leaving a bigger margin for error. I can eat 10mgs of etiz in a day without experiencing any memory loss where as 5mgs of xanax usually causes me to black out for the better part on an evening
You've really inspired me hahah. I've been keen on trying benzos of late but had no way to get a script for any, Etizolam seems like the answer to my wishes.

I have never been one for benzos so can't compare it to others but I can say etizolam is great for amphetamine/mdma comedowns which is what I bought it for. It just helps to wind you down and relax you, I found it really helpful when I had amphetamine overdose too as it eased the chest pains.

You've really inspired me hahah. I've been keen on trying benzos of late but had no way to get a script for any, Etizolam seems like the answer to my wishes.

Just make sure you don't make a habit of dosing every day. I've been dosing daily for just over a year and it is by far the hardest addiction I've had the displeasure of trying to kick.

^Okay, I honestly didn't think I was pointing anything towards price or sourcing, sorry dude. Jees. I edited my post to reflect that I thought. My bad.

I'm not saying I'm just gonna leap upon this compound, I had general curiosity. I'll read up more on it.

Just make sure you don't make a habit of dosing every day. I've been dosing daily for just over a year and it is by far the hardest addiction I've had the displeasure of trying to kick.
Thanks for the warning, I will think hard about this.

I'm much more interested in other compounds honestly.

Does anyone know what countries have actually approved Etizolam for prescription use?

Last edited:
so I have had problems abusing etizolam.. but if someone holds them for me.. im ok... Im getting horrible RLS coming off kratom.. I need to fight it without using xanax (my prefferred benzo I abuse... plus it takes TOO much to work for RLS... like WAY too much...)... so.. think 30 mgs would be good for the next week I think this may continue?

^BE CAREFUL. I tried to use etizolam to fight insomnia when coming off of kratom and ended up taking ~4mgs every night for 6 months. A year and several stim/ mxe binges later I'm now trying to taper off of ~ 8mgs a day
^--Exactly.

Benzos DO NOT stop the acute-RLS associated with acute opioid withdrawals. The only thing that stops those is more opioids, or time. Try taking a few loperamide (2-6mg), but do not take really high etizolam or benzo doses. You're going to end up out of opioid withdrawal and into GABAgeric dependence which will be equally hellish or more so to withdraw from.

240sxLover, congratulations on posting one of the most long-winded rants I've started reading in a long time. W.T.F.? I got to the part where you started railing about the abject misery awaiting users of any RC - maybe you're unaware that etizolam the chemical is actually a prescription drug in a few countries, phenazepam is as well?

Not to mention that alcohol DOES NOT convert into acetone, several pathways (mainly alcohol dehydrogenase) convert it into acetaldehyde which is converted by aldehyde dehydrogenase into acetate.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/AA72/AA72.htm

Last edited:
(saved mods some work)

So, about a week ago I acquired a quantity of etizolam. Not the pellets, etilaam md-1mg in their blister packs. Have previous experience with benzos, though not my DOC. First time, I took 2mg thinking equipotency to ~1 mg of xanax, assumptions about right: a little relaxed, anxiety down, general well-being. Not bad, but I was looking for a little more...

From that point, I've been searching for some stronger effects, that so-called "euphoria" people get with eti, which I always thought was in the user's head when it came to standard benzos. Just knowing you're on them gives that feeling. Understand?

So I've experimented with different doses: 3, 4, 5, 6... Sometimes as a re-dose the same day, others as first thing in the day. Gotten not much more than the first experience, slight added relaxation and laziness. Can easily stay awake though, wasn't walking wobbly at all, though it was kinda fun ;) If I remember right from research it is supposed to be quite hypnotic, didn't feel much of that. I used to get pretty stupid from 2-3mg of klonopin or xanax back in the day. If I'm an odd case and it doesn't knock me out it's a good thing for me cause I could really use the anxiolytic and wakeful effects for my general anxiety.

This saturday and sunday: 2-day bender with stims, no etizolam taken

Now to yesterday, nothing much to do. Experimenting with doses... To sum it up, I took 17mg in the course of ~12 hours! I counted what I had left and didn't believe I took that much so I dug through the trash for the empty packs and sure enough, 17mg gone. Weird thing, I was pretty clear-headed the whole day, no nodding, naps. Didn't do anything stupid, remember everything except taking that rediculous amout of etizolam...

After that, I broke down and got tagamet and gfj, and that gave effects that I was more expecting from lower doses.

So, I heard that tolerance builds super fast to eti, but is re-dosing less effective like it is with amps? Would the amps that are no longer active centrally but still present in my body cancel them out somewhat? Also, I've been about two weeks clean after 2 or so years of some major alcoholism. Would that somehow numb the effects of benzos, being the methods of action are similar?

Am I just over-thinking this and it's just tolerance?

Thanks in advance for the input :)

It's definitely not less effective in subsequent re-doses, if it is becoming less effective per dose it is tolerance. Be more careful, take a few days or a week off - 17mg is a lot to do that quickly! This goes triple since you've had problems with a gabageric before (alcohol), this could make benzos (or thienos) very appealing to you. As for tolerance being more rapid with etizolam, I'v read the opposite but don't really have a clue.

There is no true euphoria, it just is not straight up euphoria as you would expect with stimulants or opioids. Most of the pleasant feelings comes from it's anxiolytic / calming effects. In my opinion those effects are more potent relative to the ability to produce amnesia or be a powerful hypnotic with etizolam than benzos like alprazolam. It never makes me sleepy, but .5-1mg sure does help to get to sleep.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, tolerance was my #1 guess. I do need to take breaks from using but if I had something else to replace it I could take time off of it. I'm not really addicted to any particular substance, I'm just addicted to not being sober :\ I didn't really seek out etizolam as a replacement for alcohol, but to help social anxiety (alcohol did nothing for that, I become reclusively drunk). I've heard there are more effective "benzo" RCs online for anxiety, but hard to get shipped to the usa.

As far as the euphoria, yeah I was skeptical, just a mood lift was all I was expecting. I read about being very hypnotic, but no experience with that. Like you said, anxiolytic/calming effect. Perfect for a functional aid in getting out of the house and meeting people, socializing, etc. Gotta try this more in the real world and be prepared to stock up before it gets scheduled :(

Dunno how people can take etiz and notfall asleep, a 2 mg pepellet knocks me out

240sxLover, congratulations on posting one of the most long-winded rants I've started reading in a long time. W.T.F.? I got to the part where you started railing about the abject misery awaiting users of any RC - maybe you're unaware that etizolam the chemical is actually a prescription drug in a few countries, phenazepam is as well?
Not me dude, some Mod edited it to say that. His grammar was terrible. I was very confused, it took me ages to read it. I think he was pissed that I hinted at how easy it was for me to find a source using a simple search(which I will now never even hint at, don't worry mod...), seeing as it's not even analogue scheduled here.

And I did read it was prescribed some places, do you know where exactly? His rant hasn't scared me off from at least investigating potential uses for the drug.

Last edited:
Anyone else get a relaxed but stimulated effect from this med? I do, and i can't get off it either. I take around 10mg/day and have been since last june or something like that. before that was phenazepam and i have barely any memory from the almost two years i was on it lol, i laugh even though its not funny. I wanna be clean but can't seem to lower the dose without the pills calling my name.

Anyone else get a relaxed but stimulated effect from this med? I do, and i can't get off it either. I take around 10mg/day and have been since last june or something like that. before that was phenazepam and i have barely any memory from the almost two years i was on it lol, i laugh even though its not funny. I wanna be clean but can't seem to lower the dose without the pills calling my name.

Phenazepam is the shittiest of shit benzos, a non-recreational amnesia-fest. Your experience just fortifies that sentiment. 10mg/days of etizolam chronically is a very high dose, you should be tapered off it slowly on a longer acting benzo (NO, not phenazepam!) under a doctors care. You are unlikely to be able to carry this out yourself, as you are struggling to taper etizolam. A valium taper is what you need, the longer you are at that dosage, the harder it will be to get off of it or reduce it.

Not me dude, some Mod edited it to say that. His grammar was terrible. I was very confused, it took me ages to read it. I think he was pissed that I hinted at how easy it was for me to find a source using a simple search(which I will now never even hint at, don't worry mod...), seeing as it's not even analogue scheduled here.

And I did read it was prescribed some places, do you know where exactly? His rant hasn't scared me off from at least investigating potential uses for the drug.
hah

Wikipedia says "Etizolam (marketed under the brand name Etilaam, Etizest, Etizola, Sedekopan, Pasaden or Depas)" so you'd have to look up where these brand names are produced. India seems the definitive hub for production, I would assumed some or most of the brands are manufactured and prescribed there. I don't know the rest, but these oddball and RC benzos and thienos seem to be prescribed in less developed countries, just like phenazepam is prescribed in Russia. They seem to be making good choices as etizolam is by far my favorite in this class of drugs, both for the strength of it's primary anxiolytic effects and it's relatively less side effects.

Too much etizolam?

I have some questions...
I first started taking erizolam about 3+ months ago to help me sleep. It started with taking 1-2mg 30 mutes before bed time, and it wouldn't knock me out completely, but I could easily fall asleep doing this. It's honestly improved my quality of life a bit due to the fact that I sleep better. However, I've gradually worked myself up, due to tolerance, to 5-6mg a night and I'm concerned about both the potential for addiction/withdrawal, and the increasing amount of money I've been spending on this stuff. Am I approaching dangerous ground here? I don't take it for recreational use, only to help me sleep (serious insomnia) but I imagine it doesn't matter why you're taking it, it's still addictive. I haven't attempted to quit yet but I know I can't do this forever. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I be as worried as I am, or am I just being too paranoid? I honestly don't want to quit because it's been such a tremendous asset in helping me sleep and keeping me more functional. Is there a more healthy alternative herb or easily acceptable drug I could replace it with?
Thank you for your help. I'm very concerned.
Also, if it comes down to me having to just wean off, can anyone suggest a routine to gradually come off it without experiencing withdrawal? I don't think I can handle a full-on WD at this point considering I'm a full time student and a single father with a lot of personal obligations.
Thanks again for your help!