• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

those doses listed from wiki seem reasonable. Generally i need 6mg/day to function, can get by on 4mg/day if i have to and to get high, if you can call it that, i need 10mg+. My tolerance is monstrous too, 10mg of clonazepam does shit to me, i don't know different benzos for different people. The high kind of sucks by itself though, just sleepy and relaxed, not really euphoric, that's just because i have tolerance to it tho.

if you took 50mg and didn't feel a thing your etiz is bunk. 1-2mg is more than enough to get my gf really fucked up and she doesn't have much of a tolerance to benzos/z-drugs/etiz

who knows who sets those max/min doses, in most places people are using etiz, it isn't a prescription anyway, so really the max/min doesn't mean shit. Use whatever eases your anxiety or puts you to sleep and not rely on numbers that a manufacturer or vendor has posted.

1mg will do for Insomnia. You don't need 4mg! I find it only doesn't work if you are not tired/ready for sleep. It doesn't put you to sleep but relaxes you for sleep, it's just brilliant for that.

The anxiety dose again 1mg will be enough for about 5 hours that is, then you would have to redose. But you will develop tolerance this way so best to use as and when.

Recreational use would be the higher doses so you get that dozy sedate feeling. But again you are going to push your tolerance up chasing that. It's not really a recreational drug imo.

Do etizolam and diazepam have a shared tolerance? I'd imagine they do just want a second opnion.

^Yup, though etizolam isn't a true benzo, there will be cross-tolerance if you use any type of gaba-a agonist frequently.

What's this I here about etizolam inducing serotonin? I haven't been able to find any info regarding such thing. I definitely get a distinct mood boost I don't experience with other benzos, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Yesterday I had the urge to try some etizolam via IV, so I dissolved 2.5mg in prop. glycol then diluted the solution with 50 units of water to make it thin enough to draw up. The only other benzo I've tried IV is Ativan (Underwhelming), so I wasn't expecting much, but this exceeded my expectations. Within ten seconds of the shot, everything slowed down, colors became more vibrant, and a wave of peace and euphoria swept though me. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
^that's interesting, was there a rush? i've vaped etiz in PG before and it worked with some sort of rush but i was already too fucked up to tell for sure. Also, what was the duration? I don't know why colours would become more vibrant though.

Etizolam is also claimed to increase intra-synaptic concentrations of both serotonin (5-HT) and norepinephrine (NE) through dual blockade of neuronal reuptake of these neurotransmitters

this is stolen from another forum but i'm curious if anyone has any studies showing this. It may explain why etizolam seems to have some antidepressant properties to it as well as being a fucking great anxiolytic.

Most definitely a pronounced rush. I was actually caught off guard, as IV Ativan left me unimpressed. Initially after the shot, I actually felt a bit stimulated. Maybe the stimulation and enhanced color perception could be due to the 5-HT/NE properties. I'm sure the pot I smoked contributed something as well.

Maybe I should test it out again....

I also just got some etizolam in a glycerin tincture but I don't shoot drugs (no disresepect towards anyone who does), this is orally active too, right?

Yes of course. Other than IV, taking it orally or sublingually will be your best bet. The bioavailability for both is quite high, with sublingually being a tad higher.

I definitely notice a quicker onset when I take it sublingually.

Also surprised (but glad) this stuff is still unscheduled. They really, really shouldn't instantly ban anything like this, will cause all long term users to get horrible w/d symptoms. I've gone through etiz withdrawal many times, but the worst time I had a mild seizure/ uncontrollable convulsions going through my body. Never stop cold turkey with these things if you've been taking them for a long time..
Yeah they do crossover with diazepam. I wouldn't say 1mg of these = 10mg of val though, more 1mg=5mg-6mg of val.
I find no euphoria from etizolam now or any benzos, did in the initial months- it was awesome. Now I just need them to function.

I've gone through etiz withdrawal many times, but the worst time I had a mild seizure/ uncontrollable convulsions going through my body.

If this is true it would be the first report I've read on the net of such severe withdrawal symptoms from Etizolam. The general consensus is that it is much less severe than traditional benzo's when it comes to withdrawal. There is even a scientific report on another forum backing this up. Anyone else had bad withdrawal like this from long term usage?

I've detoxed off a variety of benzos and I found etizolam;s WD to be equivalent to that of lorazepam or some other weaker benzos. Not to say that the Withdrawals can't be horrid, but after stint of 2 months at 3-5mg, the taper went much smoother thanI anticipated. Still awful though, benzo detox is the absolute worst.

I've gone through diazepam withdrawal, worst thing i've ever experienced in my life. Can't sleep, trouble breathing all that crap.

Etizolam withdrawal is nothing, obviously get rebound anxiety when i stop taking but thats to be expected.

Then again, I only take etiz around 4 days a week where as when i was on diaz it was every day.

I'd like to see the report, could you link it? I wish we could get some more insight into how these are prescribed in other countries.

Agreed at first the w/ds for etizolam aren't too bad- after 6 months-8 months of stopping and starting use, inbetween dosages and on weeks I couldn't get any, I was just getting bad anxiety and insomnia. Annoying but bearable. I noticed the uncontrollable eye twitches and slight muscle spasms around then. I thought it wouldn't get any worse than that. Like you said, I'd never read any reports other than mild benzo like symptoms. They did get worse over time though, especially the insomnia and anxiety, making me too scared to go out if I couldn't get ahold of any.

It wasn't till about 9 months of using them and stopping them, I tried to slowly taper, but after getting about 4 hours sleep in a week the mild seizure/ convulsion thing happened, which I still find really hard to explain.

It started with pins and needles, then losing sensation in my hands/ arm/ side of the body, then tunnel vision and feeling really disorientated. I've had panic attacks many times before, but felt rationally calm inside as I knew something was physically going wrong, so I lied down and tried to monitor my heart rate, which was incredibly difficult! I kept getting over 200 beats per minute. I tried to focus on stopping the hyperventilating but then all the muscles from the waist down went rigid and start spasming uncontrollably, then I was okay for about a minute, and it happened again. I wish I sought medical attention, I just wasn't in a capable state.

It's of course my fault for using them too often and becoming physically dependent on them. In small dosages, not taken daily, I'm sure most people will not encounter much other than anxiety/ insomnia. Long term use really does mess with you though. I've never been so low.

I'm on a val taper at the moment, and rapid tapering of that has been both physically and mentally brutal, but no insane uncontrollable muscle convulsions.

Last edited:
The report is here:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16107249#

The effects of prolonged exposure to and subsequent withdrawal of the thienotriazolobenzodiazepine etizolam on gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) type A receptor gene expression and function were compared with those of the benzodiazepine lorazepam. Exposure of rat hippocampal neurons in culture to 10 microM etizolam for 5 days reduced the amounts of alpha5 and gamma2S receptor subunit mRNAs, whereas etizolam withdrawal was associated with a persistent reduction in gamma2S mRNA and an increase in alpha2 and alpha3 mRNAs. Neither chronic exposure to nor withdrawal of etizolam affected the acute modulatory effects of etizolam or lorazepam on GABA-evoked Cl- current. Treatment with 10 microM lorazepam for 5 days reduced the amounts of alpha1 and gamma2S subunit mRNAs and increased that of alpha3 mRNA, whereas lorazepam withdrawal was associated with persistence of the changes in alpha3 and gamma2S mRNAs and an increase in alpha2 and alpha4 mRNAs. Parallel changes in the abundance of alpha1 and alpha4 subunit proteins induced by chronic exposure to and withdrawal of lorazepam, but not etizolam, were detected by immunocytofluorescence analysis. Chronic lorazepam treatment resulted in a reversible reduction in the modulatory efficacy of this drug and conferred on flumazenil the ability to potentiate GABA-evoked Cl- current. The anticonvulsant action of etizolam was not altered in mice chronically treated with this drug, whereas lorazepam-treated animals became tolerant to the acute anticonvulsant effect of this benzodiazepine. These data suggest that etizolam is endowed with a reduced liability to induce tolerance and dependence compared with classical benzodiazepines.

I agree it's less addictive in comparison to other benzos, but is still highly addictive and dangerous to take on a regular basis in the long term. There's obviously not much research done, other than this, as they are still unheard of by most health care professionals in the western world.

Went back to my Doctor and all he gave me were more Propranolol beta blockers which make me feel tired and exercise a hard slog. There was me hoping for some Alprazolam, ha no bloody chance! He looked up Etizolam on Wiki on his computer after I told him I bought some, I am a naughty boy.

If you want to know how hard it is to get benzos from a Doctor in the UK folks, due to my diminishing mental condition he gave me a psych questionaire to fill out - the one which measures how likely you are to harm or kill yourself! That's how hard it is.

I agree it's less addictive in comparison to other benzos, but is still highly addictive and dangerous to take on a regular basis in the long term. There's obviously not much research done, other than this, as they are still unheard of by most health care professionals in the western world.

I'll go with what you said even though it has me worried as I like you have been a long term user.(8 months) 2mg a day, although I have tapered down to 1mg a day and found it ok. I've also done a full withdrawal (as a test) for about 2-3 days..was very anxious/depressed and insomnia wasn't nice at all but doable just about. What was your daily dose and how long did your withdrawals last?

shit if you're at 1mg a day i wouldn't be too worried. I'm still struggling to get down to 8mg/day and it's been 4 months or so on it and before that clonazepam at 8-10mg/day before that ativan in low doses and diazepam every now and then. I ran out for a week of etizolam and towards the end of the week i felt like i was going to have a psychotic break but it is definitely easier than a benzo withdrawal, which isn't saying much because we are talking about two shades of the most terrible feelings possible. I could tolerate the panic attacks from etiz withdrawal but i really dont think i could do it from a benzo, whether clonaz or diazepam or even lorazepam, it's just too fucking much and takes far too long to recover.

if my supply runs out i will be truly fucked; kind of scary to think about but i try to maintain as big of a stock as possible in case things go to shit and i have to taper myself. Each batch i make lasts about 15 days and is 1mg/ml less than the previous one, so doing that is not bad for tapering, though i can just take more mls if i want, but 2ml of 3mg/ml a day can satisfy me, then there's the addict in me that decides to make it a 9mg day.