• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

You'd have no way of really knowing how much active drug is in there, and that goes for the "branded" pills in blisters too. Just take one and see how they feel compared to your usual pills.

Anybody tried diclazepam by any chance? I'm getting bored with etiz, and am thinking of trying these.

You'd have no way of really knowing how much active drug is in there, and that goes for the "branded" pills in blisters too. Just take one and see how they feel compared to your usual pills.

Anybody tried diclazepam by any chance? I'm getting bored with etiz, and am thinking of trying these.

I tried diclazepam. I think they're pretty decent to be honest. They aren't as strong/noticable as etiz, but they definitely last longer and you're much less sedated on diclazepam. I wouldn't want to have ONLY diclazepam around though, I liked having both etizolam and diclazepam for various different occasions/purposes eg. etiz for stim comedowns/sleep and diclaz for a chilled out day at uni or something.

I have alprazolam lying around for the time being which clearly trumps both etiz and diclaz :D

Yeah, I've heard the effects last for lime 12 hours, which sounds perfect for my needs. I think I just fancy a change from etizolam, been using them for ages and am getting a bit bored. Also, the vendor I use have low prices on diclaz; it works out I can get 250 diclaz, including loyalty points.

it's ok. I think that all of these RC benzos should be studied and looked into and then could be prescribed by a doctor. But they don't want to do that, they'd rather look at coming up with the next anti depressant

it's ok. I think that all of these RC benzos should be studied and looked into and then could be prescribed by a doctor. But they don't want to do that, they'd rather look at coming up with the next anti depressant

Pharmaceutical companies would rather invest the billions of dollars it takes to go through a 10 year clinical trial period on something that hasn't already been basically completely catered for. Benzodiazepines are incredibly effective drugs for their purpose with an extremely large therapeutic index and a diverse range of already approved analogues. There isn't really much demand for any new ones, although perhaps etizolam (or thienodiazepines in general) could become clinically useful if the debate was proven of it having less propensity for tolerance and subsequent addiction and withdrawal symptoms as opposed to classical benzodiazepines, then maybe it is a worthwhile endeavor for whichever company who owns the patent to pursue.

Ah, but then it would be impossible to buy the damn things. Personally, I like things just the way they are. In the UK, it's extremely difficult to get a benzo script, so I like to have the option to be able to buy something I find very useful. I hope the pharmaceutical companies never show an interest in these drugs.

As has been pointed out, there's not much room for a new benzo on the market anyway. Saying that, dependence seems to occur more gradually with drugs like etizolam; I think that would be a desirable property for both physicians and pharma.

Btw, according to wiki chlorodiazepam ie diclazepam is a drug that causes anxiety...I'm not sure the precise name, but it's the opposite to an anxyliotic (If that's how it's spelt). Surely that can't be right?

Last edited:
Ah, but then it would be impossible to buy the damn things. Personally, I like things just the way they are. In the UK, it's extremely difficult to get a benzo script, so I like to have the option to be able to buy something I find very useful. I hope the pharmaceutical companies never show an interest in these drugs.

As has been pointed out, there's not much room for a new benzo on the market anyway. Saying that, dependence seems to occur more gradually with drugs like etizolam; I think that would be a desirable property for both physicians and pharma.

Btw, according to wiki chlorodiazepam ie diclazepam is a drug that causes anxiety...I'm not sure the precise name, but it's the opposite to an anxyliotic (If that's how it's spelt). Surely that can't be right?

Diclazepam is definitely not an anxiogenic.

Oh yeah, makes sense; it was the chlorodiazepam article I read. Good to know I haven't just ordered some pills that will cause anxiety and seizures.

I haven't exactly heard rave reviews about it, but it's 12 hour duration will be very useful, as I'm trying to come off of phenibut. Apparently, it has muscle relaxant properties also. I wonder if its tolerance/dependence profile is similar to etizolam?

How long does this stuff last for you, finally got hold of some proper stuff, it lasts around 2 hours for the relaxing feeling then a futher two of just Anxiety loss, wish the chilled out feeling lasted the whole time =[

Some people are saying it last's like 6 hours for them!

@dopemegently

My guess is it would be more similar to diazepam/classical benzos. Theres nothing about diclazepam that would infer that it had similar tolerance/dependance propensity as etizolam.

I've been using low dose phenibut or benzos a bit here and there lately but I've been very careful not to become dependent on either. I'm not entirely sure how well diclazepam will help you come off phenibut - I think it would still be quite uncomfortable for the first few days, but easier nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure every benzo has muscle relaxant properties to varying degrees, but generally most aren't marketed as muscle relaxants; they're marketed as hypnotics or anxiolytics for the most part.

@thormier^

The "chilled out feeling" or subjective high for me seems to last around about 3 hours before I begin to not notice it anymore, but I know for a fact that I'm still intoxicated by the drug for at least 8 hours after ingestion because if I use it for sleep, I still feel increased sleepyness/sedation in the mornings when I'm trying to wake up which I attribute to the effects of etizolam still being there.

Yeah, my phenibut use is just insane; I now use 12 grams a day. For the past 5 days or so, I've been using phenibut one day on, followed by a day of etizolam. Of course this is very risky, so I just want to stop the phenibut cold and use a benzo for no more than 6 days, tapering the dose. If diclazepam really is as addictive as "traditional" benzos, I'll have to be very careful.

Yeah, my phenibut use is just insane; I now use 12 grams a day. For the past 5 days or so, I've been using phenibut one day on, followed by a day of etizolam. Of course this is very risky, so I just want to stop the phenibut cold and use a benzo for no more than 6 days, tapering the dose. If diclazepam really is as addictive as "traditional" benzos, I'll have to be very careful.

Shit that is pretty insane. I use half a gram and get the effects I desire. Maybe using ghb/gbl will make it easier to come off phenibut as the half life is much shorter so you could taper less noticably with tiny increments per dose or few doses until you get to a point where you can jump off completely. Remember phenibut is a GABA-B agonist and benzodiazepines are GABA-A positive allosteric modulators.

Yeah, I'm fairly confident I can quit, as long as I have a plentiful supply of benzos. When I quit for good, I'm just gonna stop cold and take etiz or diclaz for around 6 days, tapering by 20% each day; it's identical to how they get alcoholics off booze. I've been to rehab on an alcohol detox myself, and the benzos eliminated WD completely.

^
What I think your experiencing is the start of tolerance. Its happened quickly for you because your using high doses, take a week off and it should take you back near baseline.
I wouldnt just take more and hmore etiz, the GABA receptors can take a long time to recover if you hammer em too hard.

That's true. Have to say, 2 days seems very short to develop a tolerance with etizolam. I use similar doses to Thornier, and I'm only noticing a slight tolerance after around 2 or 3 months of use. I'd say IME it's unlikely you've developed a true physical tolerance after 2 days, if not impossible with this particular drug. (The tolerance build-up of etizolam is known to be slow, far slower than similar drugs). Perhaps you're just used to the effects; you know exactly what to expect, so the effects aren't as apparent to you anymore? Think of it as a kind of "mental tolerance", if you could call it that.

Oh yeah, a friend was having a full-blown panic attack the other day, and virtually begged me for some etizolam. I gave her 1 mg, and was surprised at how much they effected her; she felt sedated for a good 10 hours, and unsteady on her feet, "like I'm sort of drunk" in her words. Wow. Even when I had zero tolerance, I'd take 8 mg and feel nothing of the sort. No, I just felt relaxed and calm, but alert, with no sedation. Is it possible for somebody to have a natural tolerance for drugs, I wonder? Back in my opiate naive days, my friends would be high as kites on 60mg of dihydrocodeine; I would need to take double that, and had no opiate tolerance at all. Also, we were all roughly the same size and body weight.

That's true. Have to say, 2 days seems very short to develop a tolerance with etizolam. I use similar doses to Thornier, and I'm only noticing a slight tolerance after around 2 or 3 months of use. I'd say IME it's unlikely you've developed a true physical tolerance after 2 days, if not impossible with this particular drug. (The tolerance build-up of etizolam is known to be slow, far slower than similar drugs). Perhaps you're just used to the effects; you know exactly what to expect, so the effects aren't as apparent to you anymore? Think of it as a kind of "mental tolerance", if you could call it that.

Oh yeah, a friend was having a full-blown panic attack the other day, and virtually begged me for some etizolam. I gave her 1 mg, and was surprised at how much they effected her; she felt sedated for a good 10 hours, and unsteady on her feet, "like I'm sort of drunk" in her words. Wow. Even when I had zero tolerance, I'd take 8 mg and feel nothing of the sort. No, I just felt relaxed and calm, but alert, with no sedation. Is it possible for somebody to have a natural tolerance for drugs, I wonder? Back in my opiate naive days, my friends would be high as kites on 60mg of dihydrocodeine; I would need to take double that, and had no opiate tolerance at all. Also, we were all roughly the same size and body weight.

I think you and the other guy are right, just taking too much over 3 days starting in the morning, going to take a full day off tomorrow then wait till Friday night and take 3mg and see how that goes